The Wash Up...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Wash Up...

The way I see it, we no longer have a second round pick yet still need to take 3 picks in this years draft, so my belief is that pick 42 becomes very important for us and even though people are saying it is not a strong draft I still believe there will be some quality available...

It would be nice to somehow snag a Round 2 pick but I don't think will be able to do it.

My belief is to see what is available in the PSD, especially with King and what conditions he puts on himself, if he's gone...too bad, if not, like someone said we had some wasted spots on the list last year and he would certainly be worthy of Clarks vacant spot.

Apu
Club Player

I read somewhere that Richmond would be interested in king if he went to the PSD. If this is the case we may need to trade for him if we want him.

Saintsational Legend

And that worrys me, I don't want our 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft to be something like 58 and 74 or worse. In the wash up I think we should try to do what is best short term without ruling us out of developing a longer term strategy...it is a very fine balancing act I know.

Our best in the short term may be going into the draft with the best available picks or it may be doing a deal with Geelong. The problem with trading players for picks is that we don't know if we've done well until we are three years down the track from that deal.