Schneider and Dempster for 26 confirmed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Absolutely brilliant trading. Well done Ross Lyon!

Although with Dempster at the club I think Ferguson has to go. S.Fisher, Gram, Gilbert, L.Fisher, R.Clarke, Dempster and Gwilt on the list means that Ferguson won't come close to selection in 2008.
Fer aint going anywhere. Signed a contract this week I believe.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
we have to find a classy nickname for dempster...
Collex

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Very good trading that will hopefully reap rewards.

Two holes filled potentially at a small cost.

SEN are reporting that we have a 2 yr agreement with Steven King to pick him up in the PSD. Would be a bit nervous that another club will get him before our pick so I'd be happy if we sling the cats our last pick to lock him in.

luckysaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: Fer aint going anywhere. Signed a contract this week I believe.
That's alright, hopefully they give him a chance to play forward this year.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:SEN are reporting that we have a 2 yr agreement with Steven King to pick him up in the PSD. Would be a bit nervous that another club will get him before our pick so I'd be happy if we sling the cats our last pick to lock him in.
Fully agree, lock him in for a late pick..

As for the trade, does anyone have the trade tracker link from the AFL? I just got to see it there.. Fantastic job RL! We owe Sydney, they got Plugger for next to nothing... We got Dal for offloading Boof head (Hall) so that was good...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Keep on rolling Harvs
supersaints
Club Player

Interesting, certainly appears a much better deal than Schneider for 26 and Leigh Fisher, as some on this forum suggested we trade. We get two for the price of one and get to keep the Fish man....
Dont think we need to give anything for King his price will be he wants a two year contract (Geelong did offer him one year) Still not a big rap on chasing King personaly, if he was still considered fit enough fior two years Geelong would have kept him.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Two 23 year old PREMIERSHIP players who the coach has an intimate working knowledge of for pick 26 = great trade.

Both player may not work out but I'd bet they are both starting 22 players ahead of Birss, Attard (if fit), L.Fisher, McQualter, Ferg (not knocking these guys).

These guys are exactly what we need as a club if we are going to be successful - that is bottom six players who are competent AFL footballers and creating competition for spots.

That is of course outside of a ruckman and a pacy midfielder :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Interesting, certainly appears a much better deal than Schneider for 26 and Leigh Fisher, as some on this forum suggested we trade. We get two for the price of one and get to keep the Fish man....
Dont think we need to give anything for King his price will be he wants a two year contract (Geelong did offer him one year) Still not a big rap on chasing King personaly, if he was still considered fit enough fior two years Geelong would have kept him.
I would be worried that the tigers will pinch him in the preseason.

Personally I would be willing to swap third round picks with the cats, tell them its beter then nothing (similar to what we did with the gards trade).

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

glad to have schneider, will be our list from say 16 to 24 based on form, but given our injuries will probably play every game.

hard tackling player, kicks a few goals (1 per game average) and gets 12 to 15 possessions.

IMO very much like guerra and will be a good foil for Milne IMO. Milnes best football came when Guerra and he tag teamed opposition defence lines.

IMO not greatly pacey but ok.

Dempster, who the swans call the dumpster I've seen, is a very limited player but within his limitations work, a bit like Troy Schwartz, the stats, height, weight, are scarily similar.

getting rid of dumpster was just list clearing for sydney IMO.

finally

ABSOLUTELY RAPT we keep Fish.

will be a player I guess from 22 to 30 on our list IMO.

Certainly schneider has enough form to justify being in the starting 22, Dempster IMO would have to earn his stripes, in the preseason.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

This is pretty good trading in my opinion.

We keep #9 get Shneider and the Dumpster for #26 and may pick up a serviceable ruckman in King.

As JoffaBurns said two 23 yo premiership players from Sydney and a premiership ruckman from Geelong.

From a rose coloured glasses POV. If Gardy can stand up and King come over, we may be OK in the short to mid term for ruckman.

Am pretty happy about this and congrats to the people responsible.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
yipper
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:Two 23 year old PREMIERSHIP players who the coach has an intimate working knowledge of for pick 26 = great trade.

Both player may not work out but I'd bet they are both starting 22 players ahead of Birss, Attard (if fit), L.Fisher, McQualter, Ferg (not knocking these guys).

These guys are exactly what we need as a club if we are going to be successful - that is bottom six players who are competent AFL footballers and creating competition for spots.

That is of course outside of a ruckman and a pacy midfielder :wink:
100% agree - well done to RL and Sheldon. Good day for the Saints.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

luckysaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Fer aint going anywhere. Signed a contract this week I believe.
That's alright, hopefully they give him a chance to play forward this year.
good to see someone has some vision. The guy is a medium forward who acquitted himself well when thrown in the deep end as a key defender in his very early days when most of our guys over 5'3" were in hospital wards. Good overhead, can read the play, and showed in this years NAB game in Cairns in a tropical downpour of Biblical proportions that he has a great work ethic gathering 30+ touches. If he can get through a preseason and season without injury, I reckon he could step up.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: Personally I would be willing to swap third round picks with the cats, tell them its beter then nothing (similar to what we did with the gards trade).
Yes, very good idea!

We lose very little that way and secure King who may be handy for a year or two based on his late VFL form and GF performance.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

alternatively wait to see how other teams lists pan out (given each team has to pick 3 in the draft) and steal him for free in the PSD with our last slot on the list!

(the tiggers picking up morton was a dead set bargain!, and mcmahan was damn good too)

SHUT UP KRIME!
milney044
Club Player

wheres that trade tracker that was posted on another thread. i wanna see all the updates!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

S & D for pick 26 is a good deal.

Schneider as a another small forward was desperately needed. Having BOTH he and Milne will add a new dimension to our forward line and opposition coaches will not be able to just concentrate on shutting down Milne any more. i believe it will make Milnea more valuable player for us.

Dempster is only a fringe player at present.....but is 192 cm and in 2007 we were crying out at times for another tallish defender.

Having Dempster means that Sam Fisher is freed up to play the running HB role that he excels at.....with Dempster left when required to play as the third tall after Goose and Max. Evidently Dempster hasa bit of pace and in which case there is a chance that he can be groomed asa future Full Back. SOS and Shanahan can work on him.

Our list was out of balance and Ross is knocking the structure into better shape.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am not so sure about Dempster. We already have a number of similar players, there were other types more important for us to pick up. We now have only three draft picks left. If we want to pick up King or anyone else preseason we have to delist some one else. maybe Dempster?

busso mick
Club Player

Can anyone tell me who else we have ever recruited from Sydney? I've got a feeling there was one a few years back (maybe Gray?) but I could be wrong. I know we have traded them Plugger, Hall, OBrien and indirectly Spider via Hawks.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

roo+hayes=flag wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/N ... wsId=52332

its not on there yet
Pathetic Dimwit.

For years up until now the trade tracker was pretty much live.

Now this crap!

Yes, I know that no trades are official until 2pm Friday, but they are as good as in all cases confirmed so far.

Anway, I'm rapt with getting the two ex-Swines, now Saints!

But it's not as good a deal as Watts for Pick 13 or Brooks for picks 6 AND 31 is it? :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I am not so sure about Dempster. We already have a number of similar players, there were other types more important for us to pick up. We now have only three draft picks left. If we want to pick up King or anyone else preseason we have to delist some one else. maybe Dempster?
Are you serious???

Besides I would imagine that there is fine print by the AFL about getting aplayer and then dumping him.

Besides Dempster will have been offered a contract....so his salary would still be in the salary cap.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 12 Oct 2007 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

dumpster may be listed at 191 or 192 cm but his weight is like 85 or 90kg.

no way he can hold down a KPP and hasn't at sydney.

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:dumpster may be listed at 191 or 192 cm but his weight is like 85 or 90kg.

no way he can hold down a KPP and hasn't at sydney.
Sam Fisher is 191 cm and 89 kg.

So you can leave Sam as the running man and use Dempster insttead of Sam in any shut down roles on talls.

Yes I would prefer a Glass...but we don't have one...and Dempster will bea better option on talls than say Gwilt who we had to turn to in 2007.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 12 Oct 2007 11:09am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:dumpster .
Nice work Dan...ridiculing a guy that is just arriving....

Lets just see what he plays like first.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:dumpster .
Nice work Dan...ridiculing a guy that is just arriving....

Lets just see what he plays like first.
I pointed out thats what he is referred to on the swans site.
2 The Dumpster for his sterling job on B. Johnson.
I think its quite amusing.

I like schneiderman as a nick name too.

SHUT UP KRIME!