Why the lack of respect for Leigh Fisher?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

maverick wrote:We are desperate for a half forward we have no goalkickers outside Milne and Riewoldt now. Someone like Schneider is ideal.
Ain't that the truth!

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

We can trade picks for him and with Attard out for the year, plus Baker out for a third, plus Gram is not a man marking back man who is going to pick these guys up?
Fremantle first round, who do we play on him?
Richmond second round, who do we play on Brown?
Besides, Fish has always barracked for the Saints, had two years of injury and now he is playing consistent footy, we try to get rid of him.
Besides, he is a top bloke.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Who do we play on Farmer that is.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:We can trade picks for him and with Attard out for the year, plus Baker out for a third, plus Gram is not a man marking back man who is going to pick these guys up?
Besides, Fish has always barracked for the Saints, had two years of injury and now he is playing consistent footy, we try to get rid of him.
Do agree with what you are saying, it would be a shame to lose him but we need forwards on our list.

BTW
Farmer - X
Brown - Max

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

I think X is better forward of the ball, his pressure is far better than his spoiling.
Kicking let him down this year.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:Yep, I'll say it again.

Beware of the Sheldon factor. My memories of the draft periods of 1990, 1991, and 1992 haunted me for years.

Gee, who did he pass up? Only guys like Peter Matera and Michael Long, just to name a couple.

Read these names and weep

Jodi Arnol
Tony Antrobus
Steven Clarke
Brian Wilson
Darren Davies

There were a few others, but it pains me to continue

spot on mate....

as i have said many many times...kenny and his f-wit mate peter husdson sold us down the river looking for a quick fix...took us 5 years to recover from their crap trades and selections........couple of real clowns....and i had first hand knowledge of their treachery.....
and who will ever forget Sheldon passing on Fraser Gehrig to get Michael Frost :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintBot wrote:Sad Fact: Schneider > L.Fisher

Especially in our lineup
i don't believe that.....schneider has been told that he won't get a game next year....leigh certainly would...with us ..or the swine...schneider is just a footballer.....
Stinger your lack of footy knowledge in this casr amazes me. Schnieder would get a games it is due to salary cap pressure that he is going and secondly dont you honestly think RL would have something to do with the trade or is it KS fault whatever the trade. Please give me a break.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Fisher (my assessment)

Strengths
- Decision-making (i.e. natural footballer)
- Marking (good for his size)
- Tackling
- Short kicking
- Work-ethic

Weaknesses
- One-paced
- Hamstring issues
- Kicking over 35m+
- Endurance
- One-on-one defensive work

Comments
  • Hard-working, honest footballer who will get the best out of himself.
  • Seems to play his best footy in the back pocket or off the half-back line; lacks penetration with his kicks which affects his rebounding ability, and is fairly slow.
  • Can blanket a player effectively at times (e.g. Sam Mitchell in Round 16); struggles on the quicker and more agile half-forwards.
  • Strong mark for his size, and rarely makes a bad decision under pressure, although occasionally his skills can let him down (still better than average though)
  • Hasn't shown an ability to rack up the footy in the midfield, so doesn't look to have a huge future as a part of the midfield rotations.
  • Strong tackler who understands the need for defensive pressure, and will not be beaten through lack of trying.
  • Should continue to improve after a number of years out with hamstring problems.
Verdict
Rated somewhere between 20 and 30 on our playing list. Needs to work on his fitness and shed some weight so he can play more effectively as a tagger, and this will help him stay in our best 22.

Current rating: 6/10
Potential rating: 7/10

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm a little blown away with the thought of weakening our defensive stocks by losing L.Fisher. Seems like an odd thing to me :?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Batnoe

I dont hate Leigh Fisher, but any relative of the Schwarta needs to go.....that is the only reason. if he wasnt he would be fantastic :lol:
Last edited by Batnoe on Thu 11 Oct 2007 11:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Especially in our lineup
i don't believe that.....schneider has been told that he won't get a game next year....leigh certainly would...with us ..or the swine...schneider is just a footballer.....
Stinger your lack of footy knowledge in this casr amazes me. Schnieder would get a games it is due to salary cap pressure that he is going and secondly dont you honestly think RL would have something to do with the trade or is it KS fault whatever the trade. Please give me a break.
your not really amazed...surely you jest... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
luckysaint
Club Player

You are selling him a bit short OWTS. Fisher is a ball winner and always has been, once he has another full preseason i have no doubt that he will be able to match it with most. His one on one defensive skills are pretty decent so i don't know where you are gettin that from?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

By one-on-one defensive skills, I refer to his spoiling and ability to go with a player on a lead, which is non-existent.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
luckysaint
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:By one-on-one defensive skills, I refer to his spoiling and ability to go with a player on a lead, which is non-existent.
Ok then, so you aren't talking about his ability to mark in a contest, in the back 50... got ya. However i think you are saying that he can't really spoil a player that is running faster than him, correct? Which is true because that's logic.
But, i shall ask you, where were most of these opposition's marks taken?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Schneider is much better than L.Fisher,anyone who thinks otherwise is as one eyed as they come.

L.Fisher showed lots of promise early on,unfortunatly he's turned into a plodder at best. This list needs improving on if we are to have a crack at it again in the next 2 years. Bringing in Scneider is a great move,and if it means L.Fisher has to go then so be it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:We can trade picks for him and with Attard out for the year, plus Baker out for a third, plus Gram is not a man marking back man who is going to pick these guys up?
aways played his heart out for the club he supported as a child.....ffs....geez i f****** hate this time of the year......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Schneider is much better than L.Fisher,anyone who thinks otherwise is as one eyed as they come.

L.Fisher showed lots of promise early on,unfortunatly he's turned into a plodder at best. This list needs improving on if we are to have a crack at it again in the next 2 years. Bringing in Scneider is a great move,and if it means L.Fisher has to go then so be it.
sure ...that's why roos told him that he wouldn't be getting a game next year...ffs.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
jonesy wrote:Schneider is much better than L.Fisher,anyone who thinks otherwise is as one eyed as they come.

sure ...that's why roos told him that he wouldn't be getting a game next year...ffs.....
Where is the quote from Roos. Can you show it to me because I find that hard to believe.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I don't have a lack of respect for Leigh, I just don't think he is a very good footballer. Harsh but true.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Especially in our lineup
and you know what you two can do.......schneider is just a footballer.....not that either of you would have a clue...ffs.....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Interesting read.....

Throughout the year many havecomplained that the Saints were not attacking enough...that the Saints did not kick enough goals, that we did not have enough goal kicker options, that we had no half forwards....etc etc etc

Now come trade week and the Saints seemingly are in the process of looking address an obvious flaw.......and people then complain that we cannot give up anyone.

Go figure eh......

I also suppose that any kid we draft will be told "sorry but you are not allowed to displace anyone from the seniors!!!" ???????

With Gilbert having emerged and Raph fit and BJ coming back Leigh's spot on a HBF is going to be under pressure anyway in 2008.

The Saints are way overstocked on guys that can play HBF..... THIS IS FACT..

Now we can continue to compete with one hand tied....or we can get fair dinkum and build a better balanced team and address our weaknesses.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Especially in our lineup
and you know what you two can do.......schneider is just a footballer.....not that either of you would have a clue...ffs.....
I wish I could say ffs like you do. Proves you know alot more about footy.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Where is the quote from Roos. Can you show it to me because I find that hard to believe.
i don't see why i should do your f****** research for you as you are disrespectful to me but here .....

"Saints' Sydney raid
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon's raid on his former club is set to land two Sydney premiership players. Lyon, who was an assistant coach at the Swans until joining the Saints this year, wants goalsneak Adam Schneider and running defender Sean Dempster at Moorabbin. The Swans are happy to deal with St Kilda's second round draft pick (No.26) likely to be enough although Saints defender Leigh Fisher may be part of the equation. Both clubs were last night waiting for Schneider's approval given he had initially been against a move away from Sydney. The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. Lyon has swooped on the Swans after they announced on Monday they were going to be a major player in trade week. Sydney is keen to rejuvenate its list and get in more speed with Roos making it known to his players at the end of the season that no-one was safe. Schneider, Amon Buchanan and out-of-contract midfielder Jude Bolton were the three premiership stars originally floated.
The Articles Scott Gullan/AdelaideAdvertiser/11Oct07 "

if the swans don't f****** want them i don't see why we have to give them the crown jewels ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I wish I could say ffs like you do. Proves you know alot more about footy.

well...that's a given ffs..... :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
i don't see why i should do your f****** research for you as you are disrespectful to me but here .....

"Saints' Sydney raid
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon's raid on his former club is set to land two Sydney premiership players. Lyon, who was an assistant coach at the Swans until joining the Saints this year, wants goalsneak Adam Schneider and running defender Sean Dempster at Moorabbin. The Swans are happy to deal with St Kilda's second round draft pick (No.26) likely to be enough although Saints defender Leigh Fisher may be part of the equation. Both clubs were last night waiting for Schneider's approval given he had initially been against a move away from Sydney. The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. Lyon has swooped on the Swans after they announced on Monday they were going to be a major player in trade week. Sydney is keen to rejuvenate its list and get in more speed with Roos making it known to his players at the end of the season that no-one was safe. Schneider, Amon Buchanan and out-of-contract midfielder Jude Bolton were the three premiership stars originally floated.
The Articles Scott Gullan/AdelaideAdvertiser/11Oct07 "

if the swans don't f****** want them i don't see why we have to give them the crown jewels ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Could you send me the bit about him not getting a game.