Why the lack of respect for Leigh Fisher?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Where is the quote from Roos. Can you show it to me because I find that hard to believe.
i don't see why i should do your f****** research for you as you are disrespectful to me but here .....

"Saints' Sydney raid
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon's raid on his former club is set to land two Sydney premiership players. Lyon, who was an assistant coach at the Swans until joining the Saints this year, wants goalsneak Adam Schneider and running defender Sean Dempster at Moorabbin. The Swans are happy to deal with St Kilda's second round draft pick (No.26) likely to be enough although Saints defender Leigh Fisher may be part of the equation. Both clubs were last night waiting for Schneider's approval given he had initially been against a move away from Sydney. The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. Lyon has swooped on the Swans after they announced on Monday they were going to be a major player in trade week. Sydney is keen to rejuvenate its list and get in more speed with Roos making it known to his players at the end of the season that no-one was safe. Schneider, Amon Buchanan and out-of-contract midfielder Jude Bolton were the three premiership stars originally floated.
The Articles Scott Gullan/AdelaideAdvertiser/11Oct07 "

if the swans don't f****** want them i don't see why we have to give them the crown jewels ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Could you send me the bit about him not getting a game.
....find it yourself.but..there is a clue above.....

"The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. " :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

im more interested as to how leigh fisher failed the medical...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Where is the quote from Roos. Can you show it to me because I find that hard to believe.
i don't see why i should do your f****** research for you as you are disrespectful to me but here .....

"Saints' Sydney raid
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon's raid on his former club is set to land two Sydney premiership players. Lyon, who was an assistant coach at the Swans until joining the Saints this year, wants goalsneak Adam Schneider and running defender Sean Dempster at Moorabbin. The Swans are happy to deal with St Kilda's second round draft pick (No.26) likely to be enough although Saints defender Leigh Fisher may be part of the equation. Both clubs were last night waiting for Schneider's approval given he had initially been against a move away from Sydney. The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. Lyon has swooped on the Swans after they announced on Monday they were going to be a major player in trade week. Sydney is keen to rejuvenate its list and get in more speed with Roos making it known to his players at the end of the season that no-one was safe. Schneider, Amon Buchanan and out-of-contract midfielder Jude Bolton were the three premiership stars originally floated.
The Articles Scott Gullan/AdelaideAdvertiser/11Oct07 "

if the swans don't f****** want them i don't see why we have to give them the crown jewels ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Could you send me the bit about him not getting a game.
....find it yourself.but..there is a clue above.....

"The 23-year-old is currently on holiday in Bali with his girlfriend but is believed to be warming to the idea after Swans coach Paul Roos made it clear he would better off elsewhere. " :roll: :roll: :roll:
I would love you to show me the quote where Roos said he will not get a game. roll eyes roll eyes roll eyes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote: Verdict
Rated somewhere between 20 and 30 on our playing list. Needs to work on his fitness and shed some weight so he can play more effectively as a tagger, and this will help him stay in our best 22.

Current rating: 6/10
Potential rating: 7/10

yeah...that's why he has been an automatic selection each week since he first came to the club....when he hasn't been injured that is...i hope he tells them to stick it.....

i am nearly as pissed off as when we gave lappin to the scumbags...and that turned out brilliantly for us didnt it.................. not.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: yeah...that's why he has been an automatic selection each week since he first came to the club....when he hasn't been injured that is...i hope he tells them to stick it.....

i am nearly as pissed off as when we gave lappin to the scumbags...and that turned out brilliantly for us didnt it.................. not.......
I'm very sure you won't have to worry about that, I cringed everytime he had the ball.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone notice L. Fishers disposal ability this season...

I did.....

I'm still thinking woeful...

:oops:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Did anyone notice L. Fishers disposal ability this season...

I did.....

I'm still thinking woeful...

:oops:
it leaves a bit to be desired at times...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Fisher is an honest GOP who would get a game in most teams. He wins a bit of the footy, clears the ball from defence pretty well and is good both n the air and at ground level. However he can not play on quick leading forwards and isn't damaging with his disposal. A decent Leigh Fisher game generally has very little impact on the outcome of the match. If his hamstrings hold up he should play 200 games and be remembered as a decent player, but he will never be close to AA or B&F.

Schneider is at about the same level, but he is a half forward. If we made a direct swap it would simply be addressing our needs with fair trading. Trade a solid, reliable half back for a skillful, quick half forward.

It also seems likely that if we trade Fisher we will trade for either Dempster or Johnson, so there is an immediate replacement right there. Both those players have height, pace and good kicking. However surely that would mean the end of Ferguson.
We can trade picks for him and with Attard out for the year, plus Baker out for a third, plus Gram is not a man marking back man who is going to pick these guys up?
Fremantle first round, who do we play on him?
Richmond second round, who do we play on Brown?
Leigh Fisher is too slow to effectively negate Farmer or Brown. Baker and Hudghton are the two players who can take quality small forwards. They have both pace and quick thinking. Fisher is a quick thinker but can't keep up on leads. Attard on the other hand is extremely fast but is a slow thinker.

Our defensive line up without Fisher, Baker and Attard (or any new players)
B: S.Fisher, Hudghton, R.Clarke
HB: Gram, Maguire, Gilbert

Sam Fisher should either take a third tall forward or play loose (Staker, N. Ablett, R. Murphy)
Hudghton takes the opposition's number one goalkicker (Fevola, Lloyd, B.Johnson)
Raph Clarke takes whoever is left
Gram is either loose or takes a less dangerous half forward/midfielder (A. Krakouer, Sylvia, Campbell)
Maguire takes the second key forward (Lucas, Hansen, Bradshaw)
Gilbert takes the number one medium forward (C.Jones, Pettifer, S.Johnson)

Goddard, X.Clarke and Geary are other defensive options.