steven king

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fresh Prince

steven king

just read somewhere that we may give up our second round draft pick for him. If that happens thats a disgrace he is 28 and very injury prone i would think a 4th round at best or pick him up in the preseason draft.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

With Blake staying in Sleepy Hollows, it now appears certain that we will make an offer for King

Fresh Prince

yeah i get that.

we may as well chase warnock or wood and offer a first round pick at least they can offer 10 years to the club rather than 2 years at best

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

we have our own wing at the epworth.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i really hope not

i dont want kng at our football club or anywhere near it

why cant we be normal and not chase the hacks?

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

As this trade week unravels, i am loosing more and more confidence in our coaching/selection staff... We hear by posters that 'that is their job, they obviously know more than us', but a unanimous sigh of relief by all supporters on here upon hearing Blake is staying with the cats, knocking back a lucrative saints offer, is beginning for concern...

He is a dud, King is of no value, as was the case with Clarke this year. Our coaching situation is becomming a joke.. given the oppotunity, would we offer Ackland his job back for 4 years, to trump Carlton? Not so laughable...

Wood is the ONLY ruckman on the market worth pursuing.. Unfortunately it looks like he will be a pie, and they will benefit greatly from his services. He can play.

Im not so sure RL knows what he's doing when it comes to being able to identify a good player....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I've never been a fan of King - but his game in the GF was brilliant.

Up against Lade and Brogan, King killed them.

He was also very aggressive which is something our modern day ruckmen don't have.

28 for a ruckman isn't that bad.

Injuries are an issue no doubt.

I'd much prefer King to Mark Blake, I can tell you that.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:As this trade week unravels, i am loosing more and more confidence in our coaching/selection staff... We hear by posters that 'that is their job, they obviously know more than us', but a unanimous sigh of relief by all supporters on here upon hearing Blake is staying with the cats, knocking back a lucrative saints offer, is beginning for concern...

He is a dud, King is of no value, as was the case with Clarke this year. Our coaching situation is becomming a joke.. given the oppotunity, would we offer Ackland his job back for 4 years, to trump Carlton? Not so laughable...

Wood is the ONLY ruckman on the market worth pursuing.. Unfortunately it looks like he will be a pie, and they will benefit greatly from his services. He can play.

Im not so sure RL knows what he's doing when it comes to being able to identify a good player....
agreed

i am slowly loosing more faith in sheldon and that saddens we as i have been a supporter

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
big_kosi

king will only play 5 games next year before his body breaks down!...surely we have to throw alot at Warnock...a ruckman that can be at our club for many years...he is going to be a powerhouse!

Fresh Prince

agreed. warnock or wood need to be heavily pursued. I think everyone is being hard on RL considering this is his forst draft and he hasn't done any trades yet so i think it stime to lay off him. We aren't richmond supporters after all

killa_gram
Club Player

Hey, at least he'll bring his hot girlfriend down to the club. :wink:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Fresh Prince wrote:agreed. warnock or wood need to be heavily pursued. I think everyone is being hard on RL considering this is his forst draft and he hasn't done any trades yet so i think it stime to lay off him. We aren't richmond supporters after all
I sincerely hope this is a joke.

docsaint
Club Player

how many games did King miss injured this year? (ie what was his total AFL/VFL tally?) He did look great (and fit) in the granny.

IMO 28 yo ruckman=24 yo midfielder as far as age is concerned (if that makes sense).

Would be far better than anything we have IF (I know that's a big if) his body held up. Wouldn't give up a lot , maybe third rounder, but would be much happier to see him than I was Clarke last year.

I was also impressed with his attitude this year in that he at no time spat the dummy in the McGoos, knuckled down and got a flag as reward.

docsaint
Club Player

how many games did King miss injured this year? (ie what was his total AFL/VFL tally?) He did look great (and fit) in the granny.

IMO 28 yo ruckman=24 yo midfielder as far as age is concerned (if that makes sense).

Would be far better than anything we have IF (I know that's a big if) his body held up. Wouldn't give up a lot , maybe third rounder, but would be much happier to see him than I was Clarke last year.

I was also impressed with his attitude this year in that he at no time spat the dummy in the McGoos, knuckled down and got a flag as reward.

Fresh Prince

rodgerfox wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:agreed. warnock or wood need to be heavily pursued. I think everyone is being hard on RL considering this is his forst draft and he hasn't done any trades yet so i think it stime to lay off him. We aren't richmond supporters after all
I sincerely hope this is a joke.

what is a joke? Cant u read it!!!!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Because it looks like we will get Schneider (great move by our coaching staff), I doubt King will come to the Saints.

I believe he played the last 6-7 rounds in the VFL, before playing VFL finals and then in the GF.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

King would be a great pick up if we can get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Big, strong, experienced & very talented.

Injuries are always a risk...Judd could break down over pre season.

We need a ruckman & the options are fast disappearing.

Grab King... draft a gun at pick 9 & a developing ruckman with whatever other pick that we have left.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I'd only take King in the PSD on a one year minimum wage contract.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

king's best days are well and truely behind him, injured all most consistantly for the last five years is 28 years of age (will be lucky to play anther 2 years) poor form all year and only slightly above average in the GF. Whats the upside of trading for him? If we really want him PSD because it would be unlikely that anyone else would look at him twice.

forever a saint
Club Player

king may be the only option but if he is another gardiner of 07 it will be a total disaster. he should be fully examined by the saints before any deals r made. it is almost time for van rheenan to start getting some match time as a ruckman. he has alot of potential.

Behind Play
Club Player

If we do pick up King, really not in any better position than the 2007 season.
Gardneir is not a cert, and like Clarke, King may only last one season.
We really need someone that can hang around for a number of years.
What is happening with Brooks? They obviously have plans for him.

forever a saint
Club Player

i have a feeling gardiner will fire for us in 08. as for brooks, im almost certain he will be playing alot more this yr due to our lack of ruckman AND the retirement of gherig. fergus watts will also be playing in the forward line for abit.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Has everyone forgotten the 8 games he played last year?
Even with no fitness base he dominated in the VFL for 7 odd weeks, and was rewarded with a place in teh Grand Final side.

Played very, very well in that game too.

Worth a shot for mine.

ben_fff
Club Player

forever a saint wrote:king may be the only option but if he is another gardiner of 07 it will be a total disaster. he should be fully examined by the saints before any deals r made. it is almost time for van rheenan to start getting some match time as a ruckman. he has alot of potential.
I don't think it's time for VR, he's a rookie who has played one year and is still skinny as hell, you'd think he'd be given a few more season to mature a bit.

Barney2
Club Player

get him I say. Ruckman take years to develope and we dont have really any up and comers. Brooksy? Van somebody??
We might need to use our pick number 9 on a ruckman