steven king

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Guy Richards has huge detractors but will be wnating leave Collingwood - do we consider?

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Apparently the Pies won't offer him a new contract.

Knowing how good Collingwood are at developing footballers, and knowing how poor their ruck stocks have been since Monkhurst left, I would not touch Richards with a ten foot pole.

Would rather we kept Brooks. They both have the same problem (mental, soft), but Brooks has more ability.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Richards was quite good two or three years ago

is he young enough for the rookie draft?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

richards dreadful - NO.

“Yeah….nah””
big_kosi

Guy Richards has huge detractors but will be wnating leave Collingwood - do we consider?

ha nahh he is no good if we were leaning that way...i think we should punt on L.van rheenen..guy richards is just abit soft i think

forever a saint
Club Player

wouldnt go anywhere near richards. rix kosi gardiner brooks king even the 187cm blake is better then richards

saintrod
Club Player

Richards and Bryan are both rubbish and one of them will go probably Bryan - but we should stay well clear of both.

Similarly if we pick up a ruck Brooks will get the flick at last.

But back to King I have similar reservation about him as number of other posters ie age and history of injuries. However he did play a significant amount of footy this year albeit nearly all in vfl so maybe he is over his injuries.

I also believe we could pick him up for a 3rd round pick which might worth a go as both Carlton and Richmond will just be looking at getting him for zip in the psd and Geelong will want something for him if he is not going to be with them next year.

kickittokosi!!!!
Club Player

Hello everyone,
1st post here, and whilst i was hoping to lose my saintsational virginty on a more interesting thread, here we go anyway...

My brother (geelong supporter) has put me on to the following article from the geelong advertiser re: Steven King's future.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... 0_gfc.html

it indicates that most likely he wont be retained by Geelong. (nothing surprising) although being offered a one-year deal.

I hope this isn't old news, but from what i've read re: King, this is first clear indication he will not be at Geelong in 08.

Personally, I think if we could pick him up in the PSD it might be worth a 2 yr deal, but otherwise i'd pass.

Personally, I think Kosi is still more than capable to carry the ruck duties + Ferg Watts should be given a go up forward (isn;t that the reason he was drafted???).

PS. If this is old news or irrlevant, please dont crucify me. I'v'e seen what the forum is capable of...

go saints!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think we will be trying to get King in the PSD. If available why not. Usually not much else in the draft.

forever a saint
Club Player

i fear that if king goes into the psd we will miss out. carlton will probably snatch him up as they need an experienced ruckman to accompany kruezer.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

forever a saint wrote:i fear that if king goes into the psd we will miss out. carlton will probably snatch him up as they need an experienced ruckman to accompany kruezer.
Might struggle with salary cap.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
forever a saint wrote:i fear that if king goes into the psd we will miss out. carlton will probably snatch him up as they need an experienced ruckman to accompany kruezer.
Might struggle with salary cap.
I don't think they use one.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I fear we'll struggle with the cap also....his knee cap...boom boom.

shame bout wood........did we even try?

“Yeah….nah””
forever a saint
Club Player

ceo of carlton swann said today that they have room in the cap for a quality player in the psd.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Stephen King could be a horror story waiting to happen.......(on fire tonight... :wink: )

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:Richards was quite good two or three years ago

is he young enough for the rookie draft?
Nope. Will be 25 by the time the season starts.

I'm not sure about Richards. His best is pretty good, but his usual standard doesn't make him worthy of selection. He is a better option than Rix, but I wouldn't have both of them on the list.