Trade week: What your team wants

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RoseInOz
Club Player

Trade week: What your team wants

"ST KILDA

"There's probably two phases where you're super-aggressive in the trade period where you think 'we've got to make some drastic changes', but we're not in that situation. We're more of a mindset that if we didn't trade at all it wouldn’t greatly concern us; we're quite happy to go with the kids from the draft pool. But if a club came to us and said 'look we really want a certain player and we're prepared to do this and this' we'd listen. I think we wouldn't be doing due diligence if we didn't. With regard to the draft, it's no secret that the St Kilda Football Club is looking for a bit of run so we're paying particular interest to them, but we've got to keep a general view too because with pick nine you can't be 100 per cent sure [who's going to be available]. You can't target a couple of players because they might not be there."

Recruiting manager John Peake. "

http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabi ... wsId=52247

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Interesting read. I am not sure how they would do it but I would think each club would rate their top 10 mids, their top 10 backs...forwards...rucks. Maybe even top 20 of each and simply take whoever is next depending on their needs and who they have already chosen.

Although it sounds like we may not be a player this week.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I might move this to stinger's thread if you don't mind. We just don't want too many different posts all on the same topic!

Cheers.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.