More trade whispers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RoseInOz
Club Player

More trade whispers

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i hope blake does piss the cats off and go to the tiges..serve the pricks right..

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:i hope blake does piss the cats off and go to the tiges..serve the pricks right..
Second that...

I also reckon we should pursue Prismall & Tenace - Tenace in particular will come pretty cheap.

The Saints are coming!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

tenace is a typical sydney type midfielder

he is almost a certainty to go there

prismall will go to the bombers..

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:tenace is a typical sydney type midfielder

he is almost a certainty to go there

prismall will go to the bombers..
Disagree with you on Tenace SP2006 - He's a quick, outside, flashy type; not too many of them at the Swans!

The Saints are coming!
bigmicka
Club Player

All blake needs to do is go to the media and say he wants out.

If Geelong then make no attempt to on trade him during the week, nominate to the PSD. Then once nominated in the PSD sue Geelong for restraint of trade and stress related issues, for not abididing by his wishes in wanting to go to another club and forcing him into the draft where there is further uncertainty of being picked up by a prospective club.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
suss
Club Player

If I remember Tenace was touted as a top 3 draft pick...what has happened? Has he struggled with injury or just not come on as expected?

strauchanie
Club Player

do people think blake would be worth our no 9 pick? I haven't seen him play much so don't really know, but a good ruckman would be worth it IMO.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

strauchanie wrote:do people think blake would be worth our no 9 pick? I haven't seen him play much so don't really know, but a good ruckman would be worth it IMO.

absolutely not...for around the ground ability, see rix as a comparisin

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

strauchanie wrote:do people think blake would be worth our no 9 pick? I haven't seen him play much so don't really know, but a good ruckman would be worth it IMO.
No. As another poster said, it is time to boost our base of young guns. We should use picks 9 and 26 to do this. However if Geelong were willing to take our third round...

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

bigmicka wrote:All blake needs to do is go to the media and say he wants out.

If Geelong then make no attempt to on trade him during the week, nominate to the PSD. Then once nominated in the PSD sue Geelong for restraint of trade and stress related issues, for not abididing by his wishes in wanting to go to another club and forcing him into the draft where there is further uncertainty of being picked up by a prospective club.

mic
Mic as soon as a player does that clubs like St.Kilda are in all sorts. Without the draft, trading and salary cap we will be at the mercy of the rich clubs and we may as well call it a day.

I agree that the AFL needs to make it a bit easier for fringe players to change clubs (possible through a second trading period for out of contract players or a mid season draft) but if anyone ever challenges the rules via restraint of trade then we are fa-kucked.

BTW Blake is not worth our 1st or 2nd round pick. There is talk that Warnock from Freo is looking at returning to Victoria...he has 5 times the talent that Blake has. If we're going after a ruckman then Warnock & Wood should be the targets.

milney044
Club Player

pick 9= midfielder please :)
i dont want to see us pick up more "used stock" and im thinking ross might only pick up another club's player if its the proven small forward hes been looking for. although, how many of them are actually on the market, seeing as robbo just signed up? it wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up a smallish midfielder with speed who could be used up forward, but again, how many of those type players are available in the draft??

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

If Rioli is available at pick 9 then would be great for us. Hes a fast, small mid that can play HFF or FP.

Keep on rolling Harvs
milney044
Club Player

Rioli sounds like the player we should be after imo

roo+hayes=flag
Club Player

Cyril Rioli – 178cm, 74kg – St Marys NT. Despite playing most of the nationals as a small forward due to him recovering from injury he is a genuine midfielder. Has good pace and a nice left foot kick but is good on both sides of his body. His tackling is also very good.
Gets his team mates involved and was the leading goal assist player at the Champs. Showed he was very dangerous up forward with 7 goals in the last champ game against QLD. Has been playing school footy in Melbourne so he will know what to expect when he moves south.
Top 20 pick

Keep on rolling Harvs
milney044
Club Player

I'd be after him. its just hard to imagine someone with the name "rioli" as being fast :wink: by the sounds of that he ticks all our boxes, but the draft is interesting, you never know what other clubs are after or what your own club really wants. i enjoy the draft period and am looking forward to it, cant say the same about trade week, enter panic mode haha.

Washedup
Club Player

pick 9= midfielder please
No doubt our club ideally would like to pick a midfielder at pick #9 but if 6 or 7 of the first 8 picks are already mids then maybe that will not necessarily be our best option. If that means we select a kid like Rance who is a 194cm future key backman then i will be happy with that. I just dont want the club to be picking some left field selection at 9 (as we did with Howard at 27 last year). Due to our poor drafting/trading away draft picks of recent times it puts pressure on our recruiting guys to make sure they get this years selections right

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

You don't watch much footy, do you?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

milney044
Club Player

yeah true, a midfielder should be first priority, but so should the best available pick. hopefully we'll see a fair few options available that are suited to our needs when it comes to our pick and we'll make the right choice. howard may prove to be a good pick in the future, but yeah i know what you're getting at.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

roo+hayes=flag wrote:Has been playing school footy in Melbourne so he will know what to expect when he moves south.
He has been boarding in Melbourne for 3-4 years so I doubt he would be "moving" from NT next year if he was to go to a Melbourne club. He would be most comfortable going to Essendon as he has been training on and off in the preseason for the last two seasons. However I doubt he would be disapointed to be drafted to any Melbourne based club.

fonz_#15 wrote:is rioli a bit short at 178cm?? also only a 74kg frame.

i havent seen him play so cannot judge, but being short has to be seen as a disadvantage nowadays, having said that most tac cup sides cut the shorter players from their sides unless they are very promising which seems to be the case with rioli.
he makes up for his height with his extreme pace. also whilst he has quite a light frame he is very good at tackling and sheparding, he can hold his ground very easily, not dis-similar to Alwyn Davey.

Also this year at times Junior has had to play as a key forward and he has done a brilliant job. he has great clean hands, doesnt fumble often.

From last season, i wouldve said pass on him due to his difficulty to run out games. He often cramped up half way through the final quarter but this season he has been fine.

Id be estatic with him at pick 9

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:
roo+hayes=flag wrote:Has been playing school footy in Melbourne so he will know what to expect when he moves south.
He has been boarding in Melbourne for 3-4 years so I doubt he would be "moving" from NT next year if he was to go to a Melbourne club. He would be most comfortable going to Essendon as he has been training on and off in the preseason for the last two seasons. However I doubt he would be disapointed to be drafted to any Melbourne based club.

fonz_#15 wrote:is rioli a bit short at 178cm?? also only a 74kg frame.

i havent seen him play so cannot judge, but being short has to be seen as a disadvantage nowadays, having said that most tac cup sides cut the shorter players from their sides unless they are very promising which seems to be the case with rioli.
he makes up for his height with his extreme pace. also whilst he has quite a light frame he is very good at tackling and sheparding, he can hold his ground very easily, not dis-similar to Alwyn Davey.

Also this year at times Junior has had to play as a key forward and he has done a brilliant job. he has great clean hands, doesnt fumble often.

From last season, i wouldve said pass on him due to his difficulty to run out games. He often cramped up half way through the final quarter but this season he has been fine.

Id be estatic with him at pick 9
thanks for that sainbot, interesting....
where id my post go, its not in the thread anymore...hmmm...i must have accidently deleted it

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Rioli at pick 9 would be good but I definately wouldn't say no to Warnock for pick 9 either, future superstar!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I heard of some ripper trades, but I've been sworn to secrecy until 3.00pm on Friday.

I'll tell you all then :wink: !!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Eastern ... how will anyone believe you? How about you PM me and I shall vouch for you if you end up having the good mail?

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
big_kosi

eastern...these ripper trades?? has any of them got something to do with st kilda??