Riewoldt wins record fourth gong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brian Collis
Club Player

Riewoldt wins record fourth gong

What sort of farken headline is this!

Disrespectful bitch!

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/riewo ... 68176.html

markinUSA
SS Life Member

We can't assume that the headline was written by Samatha Lane. Different people do the headlines from those who write the stories. And sometimes, in the editing process, they may change a word (like 'award' to "gong") so that the headline looks 'catchier'.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Well BC never intimated the headline was written by Sam Lane, that was your assumption.

I think we can categorically say the headline wasn't written by Sam Lane. Reporters don't write headlines, and if they do the headlines are more often than not binned out of spite.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
wallbanger
Club Player

Thoroughly deserving win by Nick, who was ripped off big time on Brownlow Night. His challenge to the incoming board is a ripper, as is the challenge to the players - let's hope this directness has a similar effect to what Chapman's did at Geelong.

Just a quick point, and not to be negative on what should be a night to celebrate how good Riewoldt really is (4 B&Fs alreday is superb) BUT...if Jason Blake is the 9th best player at the Club, there are some issues IMO.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote: BUT...if Jason Blake is the 9th best player at the Club, there are some issues IMO.
thank god im not the only one

ark
Club Player

Agree he's not, but in 2007 throuyghout the whole season he probably was around the mark. He played ? every game. It sums up out year with injuries, people returing from injuries and inconsistent form.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

A couple of interesting things came out of the night. Jaydan Attard is not on our main list and doesnt think he will be promoted because of his injury and he has no problem with that. Also for all the people who wanted Matt Clarke to be ruck coach well that isnt happening either. He is going back home to live this week.

Apart from that another boring awards night.

milney044
Club Player

does anyone have the full list, say top 20?

congrats roo, stood out on a relatively poor year by the saints.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

From dictionary.com

gong [gawng, gong]
–noun
1. a large bronze disk, of Asian origin, having an upturned rim, that produces a vibrant, hollow tone when struck, usually with a stick or hammer that has a padded head.
2. a shallow bell sounded by a hammer operated electrically or mechanically: The fire-alarm system will automatically sound the gong.
3. (in a clock or watch) a rod or wire, either straight or bent into a spiral, on which the time is struck.
4. British Slang. a medal or military decoration.
–verb (used without object)
5. to sound as a gong does; ring, chime, or reverberate.

I assume that the sub-editor meant the 4th meaning.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

just read what roo said in his speach lets hope he can lead the boys with more then big talk !
i honestly feel the boys were discusted by this years effort as much as we were lets hope it gives them the fire in the belly for 2008

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints43
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:Well BC never intimated the headline was written by Sam Lane, that was your assumption.
So your assumption is that M..USA knows that the sub-editor is female?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
wallbanger wrote: BUT...if Jason Blake is the 9th best player at the Club, there are some issues IMO.
Yup, at least two know nothing nuffies who think they know more than actual footballing people at the club.

Your jealousy and envy of Blake is quite embarrassing for you both :oops: :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
Yup, at least two know nothing nuffies who think they know more than actual footballing people at the club.

Your jealousy and envy of Blake is quite embarrassing for you both :oops: :oops:
so you can honestly say that J.Blake had a better season than J.Koschitzke?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote: so you can honestly say that J.Blake had a better season than J.Koschitzke?
Dont argue with my Mr Expert, argue with people who actually are involved in the club and would know a darn sight more about footy than some nuffy nobody jealous fool on some pissant internet forum like you :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Afraid of having an opinion joffaboy?

SaintBot can make his judgement, as all of us can. They may be uneducated opinions, but we do watch the footy each week.

Say what you think ... don't hide behind the decisions someone else makes.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote: Say what you think ... don't hide behind the decisions someone else makes.
My opinion is in line with the real experts at Moorabbin who selected Blake in the 10 at the B&F. :P

it shows how far off the mark the usual naysayers and nuffy know nothing nincompoops nonentities are about Blake.

Your opinion or my means nothing. But the opinion of he real experts, ie the ones who actually have knowledge of the Saints means a hell of a lot more.

I for one am very happy it has made some egotists faces red and Blake has been recognised for the hard working clubman he is.

Lance or James??

wallbanger
Club Player

We have agreed on things in the past Joffa, but clearly we don't here.

You have a point though, and it's interesting that you make it in the way that you do. CLEARLY Blake must do things that only highly intelligent people like yourself can notice, because the rest of us "Nuffies" only see all the regular stuff-ups and continual skill errors. Hopefully next season I too can value "running into position only to turn the ball over with a skill error" a little higher, then I would appreciate Blake a bit more.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
battye
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
SaintBot wrote:

so you can honestly say that J.Blake had a better season than J.Koschitzke?
Yes. Kosi went very quiet at times this year. Blake was consistent, week in week out.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Beej
Saintsational Legend

"We need to go away and ask ourselves honestly . . . 'Am I doing everything I can to win St Kilda a premiership?'. Because I know I'm not.

"When we get back on November 5 and we walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down a road towards a premiership."
Great words from Roo. I'm impressed - exactly what we need to hear from our skipper.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

to all you nuffies and Joffaboy.....

perhaps consider the method of voting in our B&F before hanging Blake.

Sure, Blake will never be a superstar, but as he played every game this season and about 5 players per game get votes (correct me if wrong pls!), the odds of him finishing top 10 are very high.

It's a little like the brownlow, except there is double the chance of getting a vote for each game played.....simply the players who play nearly every game are very likely to do well in the B&F

.....please don't let facts get in the way of some Blake bashing though!!! :cool:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:We have agreed on things in the past Joffa, but clearly we don't here.

You have a point though, and it's interesting that you make it in the way that you do. CLEARLY Blake must do things that only highly intelligent people like yourself can notice, because the rest of us "Nuffies" only see all the regular stuff-ups and continual skill errors. Hopefully next season I too can value "running into position only to turn the ball over with a skill error" a little higher, then I would appreciate Blake a bit more.
Well he's obviously doing things that the coaching staff are happy with

So these "continual skill errors"..do you think the coaching staff dont look for these as well?? Fans are going to see a game differently to coaching staff, thats obvious. The point JB, myself and others are trying to make is that some on here (Witness saintbots "Kosi CLEARLY had a better season than Blake") seem to think that their opinion is just as valid as those who cast the votes.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor