Trade rules and regulations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintgaz
Club Player

Trade rules and regulations

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to the site so apologies for putting a new post up out of turn.

Trade week is next week but clubs are already talking to each other and flouting possible trades etc.
I thought there was a rule that negotiations were only allowed during trade week.

Can anyone fill me in on the proper rules?

Thanks.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
GrumpyOne

It has to be a fair fight in all cases, No eye-gouging, head-butting or hitting below the belt. If the other party is knocked down you have to retire to a neutral corner before the count of ten is started.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

The rules are simple any trade has to be approved by the AFL. This will only be given if Non Victorian teams or Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon benefit from the trade. This year Trades that enhance Fremantles chances of a flag will be highly supported by the AFL.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Davo027
Club Player

Exchanges Period
At any time between Monday, October 8 and 2pm on Friday, October 12,2007 and subject to the other provision or Rule 4.3, a club may:
• exchange players on its Primary List for players on the Primary List of another club; or
• exchange players on its Primary List for the Draft selections of another club; or
• exchange players on its Primary List for a combination of players and Draft selections of another club; or
• exchange a Draft selection(s) for a Draft selection(s) of another club.

By 2pm on Friday, October 12, 2007 (or by such other time as determined by the General Manager, Football Operations), the clubs involved in an exchange must provide to the AFL:
(i) notification of such exchange in the relevant form. ; and
(ii) completed Statutory Declarations in the relevent form
Any exchange made shall take effect from the next NAB AFL Draft Selection Meeting.

Limits on Exchange
(a) no more than five players shall be exchanged by any one club before a National Draft selection meeting;
(b) no more than three players from a club shall be exchanged in any one transaction or series of related or interdependent transactions; and (c) a club shall not exchange Draft selections other than those to which it is entitled at the National Draft selection meeting in that year.

A club shall not be entitled to exchange a player received in any exchange until the following year.

Multiple Club Exchanges
Where the exchange of a player and Draft selections involves more than two clubs, it is not a requirement that each club make an exchange between each other.
Further Exchange
A club may exchange a Draft selection it has received from another club, provided the selection is not traded directly back

Will put up the Draft details soon.

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Saintgaz

Hope you keep posting :)

I don't think clubs are allowed to talk to each other whilst matches are being played, but now that the season's over, I believe it's okay.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So why can't Judd be picked up in the National Draft?

Why, if he is not traded during trade week, will Richmond have first dibs at him in the Pre-Season draft, which is held after the National Draft??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saintgaz
Club Player

Thanks Davo

Limits on Exchange
(a) no more than five players shall be exchanged by any one club before a National Draft selection meeting;
(b) no more than three players from a club shall be exchanged in any one transaction or series of related or interdependent transactions; and (c) a club shall not exchange Draft selections other than those to which it is entitled at the National Draft selection meeting in that year.
Is a National Draft Selection meeting one of the meetings held next week or something else? If so then clubs can have deals stiched up before trade week.

If not then aren't clubs discussing trades in breach of AFL violations?[/quote]

Right????
Saintgaz
Club Player

The rules are simple any trade has to be approved by the AFL. This will only be given if Non Victorian teams or Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon benefit from the trade. This year Trades that enhance Fremantles chances of a flag will be highly supported by the AFL.
I live in Perth and are surrounded by Freo supporters who whinge about the harsh way they've been treated. They seem to think 12 years (or so) without a flag is a long time. [/quote]

Right????
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:So why can't Judd be picked up in the National Draft?

Why, if he is not traded during trade week, will Richmond have first dibs at him in the Pre-Season draft, which is held after the National Draft??
I think he can?
I think its just more likely for a current player to nominate to the PSD.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Judd is still contracted by WC until October 31... nominations for the National Draft close before then. For Judd to go to the National Draft WC would have to delist him (hence that is why some delisted players are picked late in the National Draft).

Judd's contract will expire before nominations for the pre season draft close.