Good Luck Greg Westaway and SFF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rexy
SS Life Member

In an ideal world the first thing they will do is secure at least 2 large and at least medium term sponsors, this will ensure that they get the revenue ball rolling and go a ways to encouraging membership, another big form of revenue. If I was in the seat the first thing I would be doing would be getting a membership pack out to current members, many of us voted their way so it is fair to say that most of those voters would get right on board.

Important thing from a supporters point of view is not to confuse revenue with profit, The football club being profitable is not important IMO, as long as it breaks even then I couldnt care less, Footy clubs are essentially not for profit entities. the only reason to turn a profit is to repay debts (I beleive we have none ) or to save to invest, Ie new facilities. This we obviously need to do, I presume we will be borrowing money to fund our part of the new facilities ( if they ever get started ) so it will be important that we repay our loan in a timely fashion just like any person needs to.

Maybe this year?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote: If I was in the seat the first thing I would be doing would be getting a membership pack out to current members, many of us voted their way so it is fair to say that most of those voters would get right on board.
That's a good point. If this is indeed the popular front, we need to take advantage of that from day one. These things tend to be contagious, ie: if the membership is reported to be swelling it encourages those doubters to climb aboard. This in turn would be encouraging to potential sponsors (not to mention the players and coach).

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:
I suspect David Friend's consultancy firm will be hired and put in charge of membership and marketing again.
Given Justin Morley's apparent connection with SFF I reckon that's a pretty safe bet.

What then happens to Ben Hall?
who is justin morely?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:
I suspect David Friend's consultancy firm will be hired and put in charge of membership and marketing again.
Given Justin Morley's apparent connection with SFF I reckon that's a pretty safe bet.

What then happens to Ben Hall?
who is justin morely?
He is in business with David Friend and is connected to the website that SFF has/is using.