Thank You Rod Butterss and Board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

GT took a side that the great blight could get nothing out of and taught them to play exciting football together. RL Inhereted a finals team and didnt make the finals with them.

But with some tweaking towards the end of the year Ross is starting to win me over....

If Ross can end up getting the same or better perfomances from the team as GT did I will be more than happy with his effort
Last edited by bob__71 on Wed 03 Oct 2007 2:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: I would hope all those who bagged Breeny and Spud for their allegiances to Butterss and co (who were slammed on this forum) at least have the decency to apologise to two legends of the Club who will have contributed a hell of a lot more to the Club than they ever will.
Fat chance - see above :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:GT took a side that the great blight could get nothing out of and taught them to play exciting football together.

Blight coached 15 games and Thomas 7 for a W 1 L 6 record and we finished 16th

The next year Thomas took us to 15th

RL Inhereted a finals team and didnt make the finals with them.
Ross Lyon inherited a team in decline that scraped into the finals and finished 8th as a result of poor recruiting and list management decisions made by Thomas and Rendell

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bob__71
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
bob__71 wrote:GT took a side that the great blight could get nothing out of and taught them to play exciting football together.

Blight coached 15 games and Thomas 7 for a W 1 L 6 record and we finished 16th

The next year Thomas took us to 15th

RL Inhereted a finals team and didnt make the finals with them.
Ross Lyon inherited a team in decline that scraped into the finals and finished 8th as a result of poor recruiting and list management decisions made by Thomas and Rendell
Blah Blah Blah.....evidence old boy....GT has still got a better record and you are still full of it....found a new mirror yet or still crying for Rod

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:[oss Lyon inherited a team in decline that scraped into the finals and finished 8th as a result of poor recruiting and list management decisions made by Thomas and Rendell
Sorry, thats crap. We didnt just scrape into the finals in 2006. We didnt miss top 4 by much, and we finished comfortably in the top 8.

the fact that we lost our first final after being decimated by injury before and during the game and ended up finishing 8th after the finals just suits your agenda.

asiu

:)

a team in decline , that someone on here 24 weeks ago , reckoned with the new coach we were a shoe-in for the big prize

geelong and collingwood , first pre season game in dubai in '08 .......(sen)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
barks4eva wrote:[oss Lyon inherited a team in decline that scraped into the finals and finished 8th as a result of poor recruiting and list management decisions made by Thomas and Rendell
Sorry, thats crap. We didnt just scrape into the finals in 2006. We didnt miss top 4 by much, and we finished comfortably in the top 8.

the fact that we lost our first final after being decimated by injury before and during the game and ended up finishing 8th after the finals just suits your agenda.

Excuse me but if Daniel Motlop and Jason Johnson had of kicked dead set sitters instead of missing from 15 and 20 metres out directly in front where would we have finished Albert?

bob__71
Club Player

Maybe it wouldnt have mattered about those shots at goal IF Rix was half as good as you made him out to be

HarveysDeciple

barks4eva wrote:
n1ck wrote:

Excuse me but if Daniel Motlop and Jason Johnson had of kicked dead set sitters instead of missing from 15 and 20 metres out directly in front where would we have finished Albert?
well if you can say that then we can also say that if not for league intervention in tassie, or the worst umpiring display in history (vs Port at Aami) then we would have finished top 4? if we can say one, we can say the other.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Rix
that's right. rix was the answer to all our woes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:[well if you can say that then we can also say that if not for league intervention in tassie, or the worst umpiring display in history (vs Port at Aami) then we would have finished top 4? if we can say one, we can say the other.
Exactly my point

We were no longer putting sides away like we were in 2004 and 2005

We were scraping in or getting beaten, the quality of our football was inferior to what was produced in the previous two seasons

the decline had started

recruiting has a three to four year cycle

recruit well or poorly and you will see the evidence of it approx three years later

St.Kenny
Club Player

How does Barks enjoy his first September free of finals in 3 years ?

Simple....he continues to bag the coach who got them there 12 months later.

I think even the mafia are more forgiving, and more humanitarian than Barks (alias Capuano)

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Simple....he continues to bag the coach who got them there 12 months later.
and what's the ex-coach doing 12 months later?

SUING the football club he said he'd never do anything to hurt

mischa
Club Player

Any money GT is owed isn't nearly enough to cover what was done to him and the reasons behind it. Personally I'm glad Butterss is gone. Go Greg :)

firthy
Club Player

good old tool4eva and teflon - 1w + 1w = 2 top quality ws

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Everyone loves you when you are dead :roll:

You lot have a hide praising him now.

Lets see how Westaway goes now. I say good luck to him and the board.

Oh BTW this has saved the club considerable costs.

Well done to Rod Butters, even though you have knives in your back from all this hypocrites on here, I say thanks for your great efforts.

Lets just hope the spin doctors now in charges dont piss all your good work up against the wall.

flower me...ffs......this guy never gives up....just as well rod did though.....i won't be praising the a-hole though...so i guess the hypocrite tag doesn't apply to me...

:wink: :wink: :wink:

when did you add that word to your spell checker..... :roll: :roll:

i was hoping that things would improve around here now that the bad smell permeating morrabbin had been expunged but evidently i was wrong.....

....according to joffaboy the sff team are just spin doctors..ffs........spare me...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:wish good luck to gw and his board....????......then call them spin doctors...????.how typical..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

cheers firthy, cheers to the old washed up, willy whipping, wanker from wanneroo, cheers, cheers to the jack shyte simpleton who hasn't got a clue what the capers about, cheers :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Actually dug into his own pockets and has GIVEN this club over one million dollars of his own money during his time as president

That is absolute rubbish! Look in the accounts and ask anyone actually involved inside the club, and they will tell you.

He put in a great effort and lots of time but apart from presidents function tables and some auction items, that was it.
there are a number of posters on here that keep claiming...without a shred of proof to back up their outrageous claims that butterss put bucket loads of money into the club...now one is claiming that it was more than a million bucks.......wot a load of horse -s***.......

so i'm glad to see someone telling the truth for a change.....

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I was fairly sure Butterss paid out a large part of Blight's contract from his own money?

Ross Lyon now has a team that is missing 8 players from a team that last played in a Preliminary Final for St Kilda. That's a large chunk of the side.

How can you expect the same results? Does the side magically keep performing at the same level with 8 quality players missing?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I was fairly sure Butterss paid out a large part of Blight's contract from his own money?

i don't think so.....

bob__71
Club Player

barks you are a complete looser. GT coached the side with no resources to 3 finals campaigns yet he still says he is a bad coach

find a new mirror....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Any money GT is owed isn't nearly enough to cover what was done to him and the reasons behind it. Personally I'm glad Butterss is gone. Go Greg :)
So what were the real reasons behind it?

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:
I was fairly sure Butterss paid out a large part of Blight's contract from his own money?

Just never happened...Ask the club, ask the auditors, ask rod. Ask at the next AGM.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:barks you are a complete looser. GT coached the side with no resources to 3 finals campaigns yet he still says he is a bad coach

find a new mirror....
GT is fast becoming the greatest coach of all time.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Well said Joff.....quite strange...most of the posters first in line to back slap Rod were first in line to back stab and peddle any rumour as truth just 12 hrs ago.....I'm sure theyll enjoy the BBQ round at Gdansky's place with Grant stickin the forks in the .....snags....
I can understand your confusion Teflon, as you are completely unable to understand the concept of an open mind.

Just because people questioned, bagged, disagreed, didn't like Butterss behaviour - doesn't mean that they can't be impressed and pleased with how he handled himself and the decision he made.

Just because you plant your feet on one side of the argument, doesn't mean you can't agree with some of the points coming from the other side.

This is what makes you a moron.

You are unable to grasp this concept.
Theirn lies the rub....or in your case......you rubbing to much of something...

Who in gods name has time to list the things that make you the complete forum clown you are? not I. :lol:

But let me guess.........you foresaw that you were a moron many years ago and had a discussion abou this very fact with a nameless club identity/Board member/cleaner who you shall keep secret due to you having made it all up?....

Your a funny chick Dodg... :wink: :lol:

“Yeah….nah””