Thank You Rod Butterss and Board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Teflon wrote:Dont take my word for it....
et tu tefle ! :P
and you what?
:lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
St.Kenny
Club Player

For RB the writing was on the wall on this one. Did the obvious thing in my opinion. Sacking a coach who lead the team to 3 finals and replacing him with one who produced boring footy and pathetic effort against collingwood for the first time in years. SFF is under no more pressure than the RL believe me. Good to see sanity prevail albeit 12 months later !

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
hobbo
Club Player

well im just glad the prick has gone :):):):)

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:So just because people have been critical of Rod and his administration of late, they cant thank him for all the good work they think he did previously?
Well they could probably start by spelling his surname correctly in the title thread

Butterss ........ not Butters

bob__71
Club Player

hobbo wrote:well im just glad the prick has gone :):):):)
I bloody well agree....bunch of sicophants around here.

But give credit where it is due....the RB loving bullies in here have evryone helping Rod feel good as he looks in the saiontsational mirror.....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Well said Joff.....quite strange...most of the posters first in line to back slap Rod were first in line to back stab and peddle any rumour as truth just 12 hrs ago.....I'm sure theyll enjoy the BBQ round at Gdansky's place with Grant stickin the forks in the .....snags....
I can understand your confusion Teflon, as you are completely unable to understand the concept of an open mind.

Just because people questioned, bagged, disagreed, didn't like Butterss behaviour - doesn't mean that they can't be impressed and pleased with how he handled himself and the decision he made.

Just because you plant your feet on one side of the argument, doesn't mean you can't agree with some of the points coming from the other side.

This is what makes you a moron.

You are unable to grasp this concept.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Who paid out Blight's contract?

Even if he along with GT was responsible for signing him in the first place

Who contributed money towards the three overseas training camps outside of club money?

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

JeffDunne

I'll thank Rod for his role as being part of a successful board but I won't thank him for his role as president. In fact the presidency has been our greatest weakness after injury management during a period of relative strength.

The club had done a superb job in changing the general perception of St Kilda in the wider football community and Rod has been responsible for undoing all that good work.

Yeah, thanks Rod. :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:Who paid out Blight's contract

The club did, not Rod

Who contributed money towards the three overseas training camps outside of club money

]
The club , and Wallace Cameron gave $100000 twice for 2 trips. Not Rod.

Just because he is going donesn't mean this bull%^&$ should become legend.
So have you got a job yet Grant? :shock:
:wink:

Thanks Grant, too easy, knew it would bring you out

thanks for not dissapointing

Still suing 4theluvoftheclub?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:For RB the writing was on the wall on this one. Did the obvious thing in my opinion. Sacking a coach who lead the team to 3 finals and replacing him with one who produced boring footy and pathetic effort against collingwood for the first time in years. SFF is under no more pressure than the RL believe me. Good to see sanity prevail albeit 12 months later !
good post. wonder when SFF will get GT involved again .... perhaps in a mentoring role to RL?

bob__71
Club Player

I love the way mr spin still keeps it going

He stepped down cause he knew he was gonna get the arse anyway...he paints it up as what a great job he has done and how he is stepping aside for the good of the club.

Poor old Rod really cant handle a fight can he...lol

gosaints
Club Player

Good on ya Rod... You've handled this like I expected, with the best interests of the club at heart.

Personally, I think you have been a fantastic president and when we finally get the success we deserve I hope you can hold your head high with the knowledge that you had a hell of alot to do with it.

I'm not convinced with SFF, and I think this has had alot more to do with voting Rod out rather than voting them in. You've got some big shoes to fill and best of luck guys cause there is one thing for sure with this club... Your gonna need it.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:For RB the writing was on the wall on this one. Did the obvious thing in my opinion. Sacking a coach who lead the team to 3 finals and replacing him with one who produced boring footy and pathetic effort against collingwood for the first time in years. SFF is under no more pressure than the RL believe me. Good to see sanity prevail albeit 12 months later !
good post. wonder when SFF will get GT involved again .... perhaps in a mentoring role to RL?
And what might Ross need to learn of Grant? :roll:

I get the feeling that Ross won't be suing the football club, so there might not be any legal issues to brush up on

and if there were, Grant would not be the man to speak to, because

1. he signed a stat dec stating that he's been paid out all holiday pay and annual leave entitlements owing to him

2. now he's claiming $167,000 for holiday pay and annual leave entitlements

and

Ross wouldn't need to talk to Grant about recruiting because

1. Grant made the call 100% to take Mark McGough

2. Grant and boy wonder bundy made the call to give away draft selections for Ackland and Guerra

3. Grant and boy wonder bundy made the call to trade away pick 6 in the National draft for Barry Brooks and threw in pick 31 to clinch the deal

So I don't think Ross needs to talk to Grant about recruiting

Having said all that I'm sure Ross Lyon would be just thrilled to bits to have Grant the tactical genuis there in a mentoring role :roll:

FAIR DINKUM :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bob__71
Club Player

B4E, Its a wonder that they didnt make more mistakes given the complete lack of support they recieved from the board....and who is to say that those players wouldnt have developed better if they had of had better facilities.

And incase you missed it.....Grant currently has a better coaching record than RL

Lennon
Club Player

Good riddance you flowering moron.

Will never forget your performance on On The Couch.

Or your habit of making every internal issue public knowledge.

Dingbat.

bob__71
Club Player

Well at least now Ross wont be blamed for poor football.....cause any failure by the team will now be because our savior and lord Rod is no longer there. I hear the reason we "Slipped" in 2006 was because Rod wasnt helping out GT with the coaching anymore. Lucky for all of us that RL listened to Rod and got to work on the foundations again.

All hail Rod he is a great man

Saints43
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:And what might Ross need to learn of Grant? :roll:
How to make finals? How to translate possesion onto the scoreboard? How to motivate players?

Let it go... RL gets his first pre-season and Westaway will soon be announcing a major sponsor. Look forward.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
And what might Ross need to learn of Grant? :roll:

I get the feeling that Ross won't be suing the football club, so there might not be any legal issues to brush up on

and if there were, Grant would not be the man to speak to, because

1. he signed a stat dec stating that he's been paid out all holiday pay and annual leave entitlements owing to him

2. now he's claiming $167,000 for holiday pay and annual leave entitlements

and

Ross wouldn't need to talk to Grant about recruiting because

1. Grant made the call 100% to take Mark McGough

2. Grant and boy wonder bundy made the call to give away draft selections for Ackland and Guerra

3. Grant and boy wonder bundy made the call to trade away pick 6 in the National draft for Barry Brooks and threw in pick 31 to clinch the deal

So I don't think Ross needs to talk to Grant about recruiting

Having said all that I'm sure Ross Lyon would be just thrilled to bits to have Grant the tactical genuis there in a mentoring role :roll:

FAIR DINKUM :roll:
shut the f*** up capuano

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

farewell RB and thanks for the good work you and the board did in the early years.....it's a great platform for the new mob to work off, and no doubt the pressure is on them now to live up to our higher expectations.

Glad you stood down now just before the legal challenge, your hide is still intact.....but only just!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
You must be BLOODY joking!!!!!!!!!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
You must be BLOODY joking!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a bit like pouring ten gallons of blood in a pool full of barks....sorry sharks!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote:And incase you missed it.....Grant currently has a better coaching record than RL
Not for the first 22 games of his career he doesn't!

Ross Lyon - winning record of 50%
Grant Thomas - winning record of 23%

But then again I suppose that doesn't count does it, as invariably it would have been someone else's fault that GT had such a poor coaching record for the first 22 games.......

Saints43
Club Player

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
bob__71 wrote:And incase you missed it.....Grant currently has a better coaching record than RL
Not for the first 22 games of his career he doesn't!

Ross Lyon - winning record of 50%
Grant Thomas - winning record of 23%

But then again I suppose that doesn't count does it, as invariably it would have been someone else's fault that GT had such a poor coaching record for the first 22 games.......
Are you serious? Circumstances are a little different.

Who's fault was this year? Enjoyed this one less than 2000/2001.

... And that's true.... :cry:

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah I am serious actually.......

And just while I'm venting...........

I would hope all those who bagged Breeny and Spud for their allegiances to Butterss and co (who were slammed on this forum) at least have the decency to apologise to two legends of the Club who will have contributed a hell of a lot more to the Club than they ever will.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:Yeah I am serious actually.......

And just while I'm venting...........

I would hope all those who bagged Breeny and Spud for their allegiances to Butterss and co (who were slammed on this forum) at least have the decency to apologise to two legends of the Club who will have contributed a hell of a lot more to the Club than they ever will.
Frawley is a shocking football commentator.

Appalling.

He was a shocking coach too.

As for his work and effort he put into the club - I love him for it. Anything after that, he's on his own. Including his stance on the Board.

Deserves what he gets for potting Burkey like he did.