Thank You Rod Butterss and Board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Thank You Rod Butterss and Board

You did alot of good for our footy club, and we thank you.
Last edited by n1ck on Wed 03 Oct 2007 12:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thank You Rod Butters and Board

thanks rb. history will judge your presidency as a successful one.

jill
Club Player

Well said Nick. Thanks RB for getting us in the black. Hope we see you at the footy. Go SAINTERS in 2008 - onwards & upwards - Jill :D

bendigo bob
Club Player

Well done RB done with style and grace. A pity another former emplyee of the club couldn't have done the same as you.

I have enjoyed the ride and regret that you were not able to deliver the ultimate prize but I can take comfort from the fact that you have left us in a far better state then when you arrived.

Never be ashamed to show your face at our games or in the social club as I will happily shout you a drink.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
HarveysDeciple

Yes I hope you are judged for the very good things you did, and history should certainly judge you well.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Has won back a lot of friends with the grace and timing of this decision

Thank you Rod, we were a financial basket case when you arrived and now we have money to spend.

The GT/RB (as Im sure it will be called now) era is over..the Westaway era begins. Like all before them, lets hope its THIS era that brings us the ultimate prize.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thank you Rod and co- you have put St Kilda back in the positives both in financial view and as a factor in FOOTBALL in Victoria- we are a force again
Time to let someone else build from there.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Everyone loves you when you are dead :roll:

You lot have a hide praising him now.

Lets see how Westaway goes now. I say good luck to him and the board.

Oh BTW this has saved the club considerable costs.

Well done to Rod Butters, even though you have knives in your back from all this hypocrites on here, I say thanks for your great efforts.

Lets just hope the spin doctors now in charges dont piss all your good work up against the wall.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Everyone loves you when you are dead :roll:

Well done to Rod Butters, even though you have knives in your back from all this hypocrites on here, I say thanks for your great efforts.

Lets just hope the spin doctors now in charges dont piss all your good work up against the wall.
Agree JB

saint4life
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hey Joff, I reckon these posts pretty much sum up the sentiments echoed during the whole skirmish

RB did some great work for this Club, but factors both internal and external have made it time for a change. Thats what Ive thought and said the whole way through this skirmish, including right now.

My conscience is clear..I dont think myself hypocritical at all

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. The lynch mob have got what they wanted.

Thanks Rod for bringing financial stability to our club. We are definitely in better shape than when you took over and you should be remembered fondly.

Should FF fail I hope all of those who couldn't mail their proxies out quick enough are big enough to admit it.

Good Luck to FF. Now that you are StKilda I will give you unconditional support.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thankyou to Rod Butterss for what you have done.

You took over this club at a time when it was a basket case, and not many people in the AFL wanted to touch it.

Along with your fellow directors (particularly Glen Casey) you turned our club around financially, oversaw a growth in turnover until 2004 and saw us play finals for three consecutive years for only the second time in our history.

Your dedication to the club at a tough time was something not many were willing to display, and it is a credit to you that you have departed with equal grace and dignity.

Your eight years at the club will be regarded as the best period in St Kilda's history since the 60's and early 1970's.

Farewell.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Hey Joff, I reckon these posts pretty much sum up the sentiments echoed during the whole skirmish

RB did some great work for this Club, but factors both internal and external have made it time for a change. Thats what Ive thought and said the whole way through this skirmish, including right now.

My conscience is clear..I dont think myself hypocritical at all
agree,

It's similar to wanting a player to retire and then wishing him well once he has retired.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Handled himself wonderfully throughout 99% of his time at the top. A few ups and downs, but the team was the ultimate winner, most importantly in a financial and stability sense. Handled the challenge well, prepared for a fight, realised the realities, and did what was best for the club... Ostensibly a brilliant business man who did his best, and this showed in the way he stepped down...

Good luck...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Everyone loves you when you are dead :roll:

i, for one, have made no secret of my desire to see the back of rb. i thought his decision to sack gt was a poor one. i said so at the time and i still say it now. it split the club and set us back at least a year in our quest for a premiership.

ultimately it cost him his presidency.

however i do think his reign has been generally a successful one ... and history will judge him well ... as it will GT.

both should be welcomed back to the club, certainly not banished as has been the case with GT

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: both should be welcomed back to the club, certainly not banished as has been the case with GT
Thomas is a slime who wants to take $250k off the club.

All he did all year was cause trouble.

He should not be allowed near the place in any official capacity. Like Butters he can actually put some money into the club abd pay for a ticket to see the club he "bleeds red white and black" for.

Butters put money into the club, Thomas took it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bigcarl wrote: both should be welcomed back to the club, certainly not banished as has been the case with GT

He should not be allowed near the place in any official capacity. Like Butters he can actually put some money into the club abd pay for a ticket to see the club he "bleeds red white and black" for.

Coaches take money Presidents dont and usually put in money.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

And apparently keep trying to take money. A cool qtr mill :roll:

Lance or James??

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Please do not ruin this thread.

It is to celebrate Rod Butterss' achievements.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

And apparently keep trying to take money. A cool qtr mill :roll:
If he owed it he will get it and so he should. If not he will not get it and so he shouldnt.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

Well said.... Thomas should take that hand he has out stretched and put it into his pocket if he bleeds as much as he professes to... As RB has...

spert
Saintsational Legend

Thanks RB and board for getting the club in top financial shape for the future, lets hope the new mob don't blow it, though I expect the knives will be out this time next year if we don't get in the eight.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Well said.... Thomas should take that hand he has out stretched and put it into his pocket if he bleeds as much as he professes to... As RB has...
GT ... gone
RB ... gawn
civil war ... over

nothing to in-fight about now. it is great to now have a united club again

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Thanks RB and board for getting the club in top financial shape for the future, lets hope the new mob don't blow it, though I expect the knives will be out this time next year if we don't get in the eight.
i think the new mob will do okay. have some very successful business people involved who should be able to continue rb's excellent record of sound financial management. pretty simple science really. don't spend what you don't have. all about balancing the books.

firthy
Club Player

My sincere thanks to RB for the effort he and others put in to bring our club from close to falling over to a competive team ,it's a pity that egos can destroy so much hard work so easily.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.