Judd chooses Calton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Best possible outconme for us.......

Pies would have been really boosted by having Judd...

Though no doubt Judd will lift confidence and self belief at Blueland....and with all the low draft picks they have had of lat plus Kruezer and Judd...they will have an ok list in 2 to 3 years....
Not sure I agree. i think next year baring a lot of injuries they will make the 8. I know people will say they were hopeless this year and I agree but Judd and Stevens are new recruits which along with Murphy and Gibbs in his second year gives them elite midfield if not next year certainly the year after.

The forward line with Fev, Fisher and Waite is good. there backline is still poor but it could be over come by such a good midfield. We will wait and see and i hope I am wrong but within 2 years should be right up there.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

An strong cub with finals potential? Right? Glad we didn't get him.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Yep a "great" list. Im still not convinced re: Squibbs yet. Seen him pull out of a few contests. Waite and Fisher better pull their fingers out because they have been in the system for a while and are fair players at best. Waite having the potential to do a lot more damage.

They lost Lappo and Kouta. Stevens racks them up but doesnt hurt you. And to top it off Ratten is an untried coach.....and unproven.

We'll see.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Yep a "great" list. Im still not convinced re: Squibbs yet. Seen him pull out of a few contests. Waite and Fisher better pull their fingers out because they have been in the system for a while and are fair players at best. Waite having the potential to do a lot more damage.

They lost Lappo and Kouta. Stevens racks them up but doesnt hurt you. And to top it off Ratten is an untried coach.....and unproven.

We'll see.....
Lappo and Kouta wouldnt have finished in the top 10 in the B and F and not sure on the squibbs bit. Agree on Waite and Fisher have to improve but to me they will especially with the ball coming down better and more often.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Yep a "great" list. Im still not convinced re: Squibbs yet. Seen him pull out of a few contests. Waite and Fisher better pull their fingers out because they have been in the system for a while and are fair players at best. Waite having the potential to do a lot more damage.

We'll see.....
Lappo and Kouta wouldnt have finished in the top 10 in the B and F and not sure on the squibbs bit. Agree on Waite and Fisher have to improve but to me they will especially with the ball coming down better and more often.
Just remember though, that Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs, Walker, Carrazzo, Scotland and whomever else will be 'roving' to Ackland and Cameron Cloke.

I'm not sure Judd has ever roved to such a dominating ruck division before in his entire AFL career?

Richter
SS Life Member

I would expect Gibbs to go back to Adelaide after next year. I don't expect much from the Crows in 2008 so would give them a decent chance of picking him up in a trade with Carlton.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We'll see.....
Just remember though, that Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Gibbs, Walker, Carrazzo, Scotland and whomever else will be 'roving' to Ackland and Cameron Cloke.

I'm not sure Judd has ever roved to such a dominating ruck division before in his entire AFL career?
Our guys in the middle still get it when Rix is rucking. They are better IMO. Judd is the best player in the AFL. Dont think it will matter who is rucking.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We'll see.....

Our guys in the middle still get it when Rix is rucking. They are better IMO. Judd is the best player in the AFL. Dont think it will matter who is rucking.
Not wishing to denigrate Judd in any way, but he is a totally different type of midfielder than either Ball or Hayes.
How many times have you seen Judd 'hit the contest' at full pace, relying on Cox (and previously Gardiner), and just streak away with his famous 'afterburners' on? That relied totally on his ruckman being dominant and capable of putting the ball in Judd's path. I don't think he is going to get that type of 'service' at Carlscum?
Last edited by Mr Magic on Tue 02 Oct 2007 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We'll see.....

Not wishing to denigrate Judd in any way, but he is a toatlly different type of midfielder than either Ball or Hayes.
How many times have you seen Judd 'hit the contest' at full pace, relying on Cox (and previously Gardiner) and just streak away with his famous 'afterburners' on? That relied totally on his ruckman being dominant and capable of putting the ball in Judd's path. I don't think he is going to get that type of 'service' at Carlscum?
We will see. He is the best in the AFL and if he has to play differently I sure he will cope.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Will be tagged and targeted far more than he was at the uglies.

Pressure's on now, if he's the champ that all believe he is, he will drag the stench upwards.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
goodie
Club Player

Why would someone want to go to Carlton?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:Why would someone want to go to Carlton?
He's a big cain ackland fan.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

goodie wrote:Why would someone want to go to Carlton?
He is a masochist or has a warped sense of humor.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Not sure I agree. The forward line with Fev, Fisher and Waite is good. there backline is still poor but it could be over come by such a good midfield. We will wait and see and i hope I am wrong but within 2 years should be right up there.
Yes Judd will improve them...Judd will improve any team...and thats the point....an improved Judd -injected Pies would have been stiff opposition in 2008 greater thana Judd-jected Blues.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

this could work the other way though

they could lose a lot of quality to get him... could imagine this destabling the club more so