WESTAWAY & BURKE ANSWERS - DISCUSSION THREAD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Nick that is one i find hard to beleive because if he was reaching his targets the bonuses would not of been a problem but hey who really knows just more spin IMO to get the proxies coming in and it worked.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:MM:

Would you look at bringing the likes of David Friend, Georgie Fidge and Brian Waldron back to the club?

NB: Well, good employees are in high demand! They are all doing their own thing, but I’m sure every possible option will be looked at. David Friend actually left the club because he was doing his job too well! He increased our membership levels so markedly that the club was paying him regular bonuses for reaching his targets. Finally they refused to pay his rewards. They told him he had done a good job and had made a great start but they could handle the job from there. Thanks and goodbye.
I know that's what they told you. I was told by people at the Club at that time that what I posted earlier was what happened.

I'm not disputing that Westaway believes that is what happened. But he wasn't there at the time so he doesn't have first-hand knowledge of the events. And with due respect to NB, even if it was when he was an assistant coach there, he also would have no first-hand knowledge of it.

We all know why BW left the CLub and Georgie Fidge left for a better position at one of the major Banks.

I have no doubt that some staff have been dismissed from the Club but to try and claim that all the staff departures are Board related is 'gilding the lily' a bit.

bob__71
Club Player

they left because somewhere else was a more attractive place to work. Whos job is it to create an environment which rewards and retains good employees.

And it is a far stretch in a small organisation to say that the coaches wouldnt know why the membership guy left....of course he would know

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Would you look at bringing the likes of David Friend, Georgie Fidge and Brian Waldron back to the club?

NB: Well, good employees are in high demand! They are all doing their own thing, but I’m sure every possible option will be looked at. David Friend actually left the club because he was doing his job too well! He increased our membership levels so markedly that the club was paying him regular bonuses for reaching his targets. Finally they refused to pay his rewards. They told him he had done a good job and had made a great start but they could handle the job from there. Thanks and goodbye.
I know that's what they told you. I was told by people at the Club at that time that what I posted earlier was what happened.

I'm not disputing that Westaway believes that is what happened. But he wasn't there at the time so he doesn't have first-hand knowledge of the events. And with due respect to NB, even if it was when he was an assistant coach there, he also would have no first-hand knowledge of it.

We all know why BW left the CLub and Georgie Fidge left for a better position at one of the major Banks.

I have no doubt that some staff have been dismissed from the Club but to try and claim that all the staff departures are Board related is 'gilding the lily' a bit.
Why would people at the club tell you the truth about what happened?
If you're saying what NB and GW told me is spin, just think about the king of spin who ran the club up until yesterday...

Also never anywhere did I say all staff departures are/were board related. Nowhere. Neither did NB or GW.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:they left because somewhere else was a more attractive place to work. Whos job is it to create an environment which rewards and retains good employees.

So therefore Hawthorn was a terribly run place because they allowed David Friend to walk to another job at St.Kilda?

And it is a far stretch in a small organisation to say that the coaches wouldnt know why the membership guy left....of course he would know
Bob_71, You're right.
Everyone left because RB was so hell-bent on not spending any money he made them wash out their paper coffee cups and re-use them.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Wed 03 Oct 2007 5:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob__71
Club Player

MM that would sound believable given that he wouldnt buy new footies and tackle bags.....this is the AFL not the Uni 4's

HarveysDeciple

n1ck wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Why would people at the club tell you the truth about what happened?
If you're saying what NB and GW told me is spin, just think about the king of spin who ran the club up until yesterday...

Also never anywhere did I say all staff departures are/were board related. Nowhere. Neither did NB or GW.
exactly, and it was Burke who made the comments about Friend, not Westaway, and Burke was at the club at the time.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

i aslo remember talking to someone who worked as volunteer at the club and rembmer them saying thast friend left and ben hall could do just as good a job becuase he know what
David Friend did