NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
chook23 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
chook23 wrote:No wonder he did not resign when he was double agent working behind thje scenes with SFF

I have long thought ethically he should have resigned when he started working with SFF on principal.

Thought it a snakes act.

Now I undertand .............but still a snake.

Still note Simon Grant will come on board if SFF win...not via a resolution
to members.
Gdanski is a snake eh???

Perhaps he is.....but isn't that what's required to conteract the boa constrictor, or should I say Butterss?? :shock:

It is not a comparison with RB

It is the principal of being on a board WHILST ACTIVLEY working behind the scenes with another group wanting to be.

Read what I said.
I never said you were comparing him with RB.

Read what I said.
Ethics is my main point.

saint4life
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Peanut.

Will probably confuse some people re: their previous proxy.

Wonder how many will give their proxy to Butterss?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Under the Club's constitution, any director of the club is permitted to call an Extraordinary General Meeting with a minimum of 21 days notice to all directors and members of the Club.

The original meeting St Kilda Footy First called for November 13th was shifted back to October 23rd, which still allows for the 21 days. This meeting was technically called by John Gdanski alone ... but was practically called on behalf of St Kilda Footy First.

The proxies sent out by St Kilda Footy First originally only allowed you to support SFF members - not the incumbents.

However, it is a legal requirement that all members receive proxies which allow them to vote for anyone - including the incumbents.

These are the official club proxies which must be sent out by the Director calling the EGM.

This is what has been received today.

These proxies allow you to appoint any of the current directors or challengers to vote on your behalf at the EGM on October 23rd.

If you fill out one of these proxies, it invalidates your previous proxy for St Kilda Footy First.

If however you do not fill out one of the "official" proxies, your proxy for St Kilda footy first still stands as a legal document allowing a nominee to represent you at the EGM.

That's how I understand it.
spot on..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

good work....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
hellorocky
Club Player

So - if we fill in todays proxy and nominate someone from SFF (again), that makes the first proxy invalid?

Is the second proxy valid?

And, if GW has the first lot of proxies and the second lot go to Moorabbin, how will anyone work out who has filed in what? :? :? :?

I think that if todays proxies show an overwhelming majority in favour of SFF, that RB and his board will just have to stand down.

GW is in Qld tonight and tomorrow night, it would be good if him or Burkey or someone from that camp could clarify the above

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:So - if we fill in todays proxy and nominate someone from SFF (again), that makes the first proxy invalid?
Yep. Fill in today's proxy and your first one is invalid.
hellorocky wrote:Is the second proxy valid?
Yes if it is filled in. The second proxy is the official club one, allowing you to vote for either the incumbents or the challengers.
hellorocky wrote:And, if GW has the first lot of proxies and the second lot go to Moorabbin, how will anyone work out who has filed in what? :? :? :?

I presume they will be distributed to those persons nominated as holder of the proxy - i.e. Westaway will receive his, Burke will receive his and Butterss will receive his.
hellorocky wrote:I think that if todays proxies show an overwhelming majority in favour of SFF, that RB and his board will just have to stand down.
Well, logically yes. If the official proxies are still very much in Westaway's favour, unless Butters can produced 10,000 members in person at the meeting then he is gone.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
hellorocky
Club Player

Thanks for clearing that up OWTS :D

karnaby
Club Player

hellorocky - you only need to fill in another proxy form IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE.

Eastern wrote it in the very first post of this thread:

"THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SENT THEIR PROXY IN VIA THE SAINTS FOOTY FIRST GROUP SHOULD NOT, I REPEAT NOT SEND IN ANOTHER PROXY UNLESS THEY WISH TO CHANGE THEIR VOTE ................ "

If anyone is having trouble understanding what this all means I suggest you re-read OWtS explanation until it sinks in.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
karnaby
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote: ... The second proxy is the official club one, allowing you to vote for either the incumbents or the challengers.
My understanding - feel free to correct me if I am wrong - is that the 2nd proxy has been appended to the notice of the meeting as a formality. By having them there it means that any member can nominate anyone to act as their proxy whereas the original SFF ones were specifically drawn up to suit their own purpose.

It is also my understanding that the original SFF proxy forms remain valid.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
hellorocky
Club Player

Thanks Karnaby - bit s l o w in the country here :wink:

Actually, I think what I was trying to say was that I realised that the first vote would be invalid but if I voted again would the second vote vote also be invalid thus disallowing both votes BUT it is clear now that the second vote overrides the first :wink: :wink: :wink:

All clear now :oops:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Eastern wrote:The proxy form that came with today's notice has come from a director of the club. It is a legal requirement. The SFF proxy forms were a case of political opportunism and getting in 1st !!
so technically the first proxy form sent by SFF invalid

hennce the 2nd from director with clause on it then making first proxy valid

:? :? :?
chook thats how it looked to me also.

whats it say about a mob that cant even properly organise a Proxy mail out WITH an insider in Gdansky silently undermining the current board all the way? what it tells me is Westonhouse and the flogs decided it was more important to get in early with the "spin" than to follow a properly run protocol/process.

Id laugh if their proxies are deemed invalid...... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:hellorocky - you only need to fill in another proxy form IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE.

Eastern wrote it in the very first post of this thread:

"THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY SENT THEIR PROXY IN VIA THE SAINTS FOOTY FIRST GROUP SHOULD NOT, I REPEAT NOT SEND IN ANOTHER PROXY UNLESS THEY WISH TO CHANGE THEIR VOTE ................ "

If anyone is having trouble understanding what this all means I suggest you re-read OWtS explanation until it sinks in.
isnt that what a court will decide?

“Yeah….nah””
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

No, the court will basically decide whether the current board has a right to call a full spill of all positions on November 26th when an EGM has been called on October 23rd that is seeking to remove the majority of current directors.

They could rule that both stand ...
Teflon wrote:whats it say about a mob that cant even properly organise a Proxy mail out WITH an insider in Gdansky silently undermining the current board all the way? what it tells me is Westonhouse and the flogs decided it was more important to get in early with the "spin" than to follow a properly run protocol/process.
Gdansky made his intentions clear to the current board, his calling of an EGM was within his rights as a director of the club.

If you don't like the fact that the club's constitution allows this to happen, then stand for the board on a platform of changing it.

It's good politics Telfon.

Had Butterss not been asleep at the wheel he may have been able to organise a suitable defence of his position.

Unfortunately, like many of his actions of late, he failed dismally.

Please point out to me where Westaway has not followed proper process?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:No, the court will basically decide whether the current board has a right to call a full spill of all positions on November 26th when an EGM has been called on October 23rd that is seeking to remove the majority of current directors.

Teflon wrote:whats it say about a mob that cant even properly organise a Proxy mail out WITH an insider in Gdansky silently undermining the current board all the way? what it tells me is Westonhouse and the flogs decided it was more important to get in early with the "spin" than to follow a properly run protocol/process.
Gdansky made his intentions clear to the current board, his calling of an EGM was within his rights as a director of the club.

If you don't like the fact that the club's constitution allows this to happen, then stand for the board on a platform of changing it.

Had Butterss not been asleep at the wheel he may have been able to organise a suitable defence of his position.

Geez.....youve bought the farm huh OWTS?

"Its good politics".......I guess thats all you need to get by these days huh?

Sadly.....IMO good politics usually means poor ethics - and Gdansky has all the hallmarks of that - regardless of what the rules say....

I wonder if they said that to Greg Chappell after the underarm incident...."its ok Greg - its good politics..." OR "its in the rules so go for it"..........nice logic right there.........

sad sad world.

“Yeah….nah””
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The current board are hardly custodians of righteous ethical behaviour.

But I don't like eye-for-an-eye attitudes ...
IMO good politics usually means poor ethics
Critical subjective judgement that is a matter of opinion.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:No, the court will basically decide whether the current board has a right to call a full spill of all positions on November 26th when an EGM has been called on October 23rd that is seeking to remove the majority of current directors.

Sadly.....IMO good politics usually means poor ethics - and Gdansky has all the hallmarks of that - regardless of what the rules say....

I wonder if they said that to Greg Chappell after the underarm incident...."its ok Greg - its good politics..." OR "its in the rules so go for it"..........nice logic right there.........

sad sad world.
oh come teflon, open both your eyes for one second.

Gdansky has every right to not resign until the EGM, and also every right to announce a EGM. Apart from passing on information that by the consitution should be available to them anyway, how else has he underminded the current board?

He has not abused a staff member in the carpark, he did not over rule the CEO after coming back from holiday, has not been running a personal dirt campaign on the ex coach the whole of 2007.

The worst I can find is that he has decided to change camps. No where in the consitution does it say that he could not do what he has done. If he had resigned when he first came out in support of SFF, then we would be waiting till Nov 23 at the best. Tell me that it's a positive to be still having a board spill that far into the pre-season.

He stayed on the board, has not (unless you know something we don't) stopped anything important going ahead; sponsorship adds, resigning of players, the hiring of the new fitness regime etc.

Put up or shut up, give me one reason an elected board needs to stand down before the spill.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Teflon wrote:

sad sad world.

Gdansky has every right to not resign until the EGM, and also every right to announce a EGM. Apart from passing on information that by the consitution should be available to them anyway, how else has he underminded the current board?

He has not abused a staff member in the carpark, he did not over rule the CEO after coming back from holiday, has not been running a personal dirt campaign on the ex coach the whole of 2007.

The worst I can find is that he has decided to change camps. No where in the consitution does it say that he could not do what he has done. If he had resigned when he first came out in support of SFF, then we would be waiting till Nov 23 at the best. Tell me that it's a positive to be still having a board spill that far into the pre-season.

He stayed on the board, has not (unless you know something we don't) stopped anything important going ahead; sponsorship adds, resigning of players, the hiring of the new fitness regime etc.

Put up or shut up, give me one reason an elected board needs to stand down before the spill.
Spare me your agenda riddled tripe will ya?

You ask "unless I know something you dont" and your trotting more rumour and innuendo (that you get from the Hun clearly) and you happy to pass this off as fact????

Grow a brain - Gdansky has been partisan to ALL current Board decisions and the 5 remaining current Board members are all clear when they state he HAS NOT made his objections or concerns known untill he got the chance to jump ship and point the finger at a Board he was part of - if you reckon thats an honest and ethical way to operate then I'm sure you'd also like Skase at the club FFS.

Hide behind your constitution all you want - next youll be telling us that Costello's been behind Johnny all the way.....

Your the one that needs to stop being so naive and get in the real world - I dont like disingenuous snake oil salesman who sell the ir soul/vote to the highest bidder.

As for putting up - how bout your mate WHO HAS CHALLENGED - in Westonhouse put up some details/facts a plan - tell us where the extra $$ are coming from (let me guess.....unnamed sponsors...... :roll: ) untill then the current Board has every right to hold out and demand that all supporters have a chance to get SOME details and have a say as opposed to conduct a kangaroo court election that Westaway has tried to rush through on the back of an American style presidential campaign using Nathan Burke as his face.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:The current board are hardly custodians of righteous ethical behaviour.

But I don't like eye-for-an-eye attitudes ...
IMO good politics usually means poor ethics
Critical subjective judgement that is a matter of opinion.
I dont like people masquerading as "on your team" and clearly doing deals in the background.....but I guess anything can be written off as "good politics".....if it suits the agenda.

“Yeah….nah””
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Solar wrote:
Teflon wrote:

sad sad world.

Spare me your agenda riddled tripe will ya?

You ask "unless I know something you dont" and your trotting more rumour and innuendo (that you get from the Hun clearly) and you happy to pass this off as fact????

Grow a brain - Gdansky has been partisan to ALL current Board decisions and the 5 remaining current Board members are all clear when they state he HAS NOT made his objections or concerns known untill he got the chance to jump ship and point the finger at a Board he was part of - if you reckon thats an honest and ethical way to operate then I'm sure you'd also like Skase at the club FFS.

Hide behind your constitution all you want - next youll be telling us that Costello's been behind Johnny all the way.....

Your the one that needs to stop being so naive and get in the real world - I dont like disingenuous snake oil salesman who sell the ir soul/vote to the highest bidder.

As for putting up - how bout your mate WHO HAS CHALLENGED - in Westonhouse put up some details/facts a plan - tell us where the extra $$ are coming from (let me guess.....unnamed sponsors...... :roll: ) untill then the current Board has every right to hold out and demand that all supporters have a chance to get SOME details and have a say as opposed to conduct a kangaroo court election that Westaway has tried to rush through on the back of an American style presidential campaign using Nathan Burke as his face.
He is not my mate, just can't believe the tripe you write. I have no vested interest in this except as a social club member.

From memory once the SFF had been announced Gdninsky said that he would be part of that ticket. I disagree that he should have stood down until the AGM, mainly because he has not stopped anything from going through or distabised the board in anyway.

Unless you can show where he has done this he has every right to stay on the board till the spill and also call a EGM

FQF
In richo I trust

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
chook23 wrote:[

whats it say about a mob that cant even properly organise a Proxy mail out WITH an insider in Gdansky silently undermining the current board all the way? what it tells me is Westonhouse and the flogs decided it was more important to get in early with the "spin" than to follow a properly run protocol/process.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

...nothing wrong with the proxy mail out as far as i am aware..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
He is not my mate, just can't believe the tripe you write. I have no vested interest in this except as a social club member.

From memory once the SFF had been announced Gdninsky said that he would be part of that ticket. I disagree that he should have stood down until the AGM, mainly because he has not stopped anything from going through or distabised the board in anyway.

Unless you can show where he has done this he has every right to stay on the board till the spill and also call a EGM
Who has to show you anything?

The guy has not raised objection or even gone to the current Board to air his issues - as soon as he gets a sniff he might be able to jump ship to another Board he plays defector pleading diplomatic immunity?

What gives Gdansky the right to - considering in your eyes the current Board must go - to simply walk away scott free from the so called inept performance of the current Board to which he is a part and has been for some time??????????????????????????

Stick to your drivel.

“Yeah….nah””
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:15am, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Solar wrote:

Who has to show you anything?

The guy has not raised objection or even gone to the current Board to air his issues - as soon as he gets a sniff he might be able to jump ship to another Board he plays defector pleading diplomatic immunity?

What gives Gdansky the right to - considering in your eyes the current Board must go - to simply walk away scott free from the so called inept performance of the current Board to which he is a part and has been for some time??????????????????????????

Stick to your drivel.
Teflon you and other have said that he has undermined the board. So it's perfectly fair to ask you to actually point out where he has undermined the board.

He was elected to be a board member until the AGM next year. He has every right to choose who to run with in the next board elections. He is not part of any political party. All he has done is announce that in the next board elections he will be running with another group of supporters. That is his right, and should not mean that he has to do anything until that election. Unless he purposely stops anything important being passed at board level. So once again I ask, how has he undermined the Stkilda football club.

I will repeat it again, all he has done is announce that he will run with the SFF ticket at the next election and called a EGM which is also the right of a director.

what part of this don't you understand?

btw I think what you WRITE is TRIPE, not that you are personally, so go easy with the abuse ok. I have no personal agenda (I have to say it again do I?) and have every right to question people who make character alagations of board members.

FQF
In richo I trust

PLUGGER14
Club Player

hellorocky wrote:
GW is in Qld tonight and tomorrow night, it would be good if him or Burkey or someone from that camp could clarify the above
He is actually up next Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th.