Demons not getting Judd official

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

I think the Pies are now number 1 on the list.

They have the best best training facilities in the AFL.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

melbourne would have been the only club out of the four i would have liked to see him go to

now my respect for him is lost as he seemingly sold out to one of the heartless clubs...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I remember a couple of years ago two articles that got me angry was suggesting taht we should trade a couple of players to footscray and essendon because we owed them a chance at a flag.

like WTF BS is that.

judd at collingwood would strengthen a good line up to being an awesome line up (not they ran through the middle of the season missing presti and clement for a slab and a few other good players were out as well such as pebbles) coming good at the finals time.

the pies want to ADD judd to their list without losing their established players.

I HOPE IT DOESN"T HAPPEN.

no one owes anyone anything. Port did the right thing in denying collingwood stevens for effectively nothing. Collingwood might have been the team to win a flag or deny them another attempt.

stevens at Richmond > Stevens at Collingwood for Ports personal needs.

IMO st kilda has to toughen the frak up too.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

GEEZ if only RB had spent some money on some new training bikes and bigger mirrors so he can really see how good he is we might of got him :roll:

Who wants a player that is more interested in whats best for him rather than the team I would rather a player come to us because he thinks he can improve our club no matter what, and accepts the club for what it has not what he can get out of it.

They can have him and i hope he cost them the earth and he does F*** ALL next year.

Your only as good as your last game IMO.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

does anyone else find judd is being a bit of an arrogant prick
the whole thing of hes going to pick where he go's getting courted by the clubs its smacks of a bloke who has taps on himself

im losing more respect for judd each day

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep its not that different from M. Voss.

he went from being the most sought after coach, to being pasted as 'do not touch"

you can't deny skill, and he has it in spaded but attitude issues are seeing his stocks plummeting.

still I hope he cracks 1.2 or 1.3 million and cripples the club he goes to.

SHUT UP KRIME!
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:does anyone else find judd is being a bit of an arrogant prick
the whole thing of hes going to pick where he go's getting courted by the clubs its smacks of a bloke who has taps on himself

Agreed.

Reminds me of the Barry Mitchell and Greg Williams sagas of the early 90s.

I would have added the term "mercernary" to "arrogant".

Beej
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:does anyone else find judd is being a bit of an arrogant prick

He's out of contract and every club in the AFL are after him.

Would you rather he just signed with the first club that showed any interest?

How would you have liked him to handle it?

His next club will be his last club, it's not an easy decision to make.

The media are blowing this whole thing up.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Don't worry Dees - you're facilities were not considered suitable for his holiness. Didn't like the idea of training on different grounds for goodness sakes!!?? Perhaps his holiness would like to play footy on cloud 9 all next year lest he might hurt his widdle weggies.. Sheesh, this guy's arrogance is really starting to bug me!! Who the hell does he think he is. He is a champion footballer - apparently with an ego to match. Maybe they need to put cushions all around whatever ground he plays on in case he hurts himself. He acts like the humble supporters are a pain in the backside all the time - well sorry Chris. Maybe they can lock em' all out for future games so they won't annoy his holiness during games and afterwards.. There have been plenty of other champions before you your holiness - who have not acted like they own the game themselves.. And guess what - there will plenty more long after you have sulked away with your millions. end of rant..

Agree wholeheartedly Yipper. What a tosser. Acting like he's David Beckham. A pox upon him.

yipper
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
yipper wrote:Don't worry Dees - you're facilities were not considered suitable for his holiness. Didn't like the idea of training on different grounds for goodness sakes!!?? Perhaps his holiness would like to play footy on cloud 9 all next year lest he might hurt his widdle weggies.. Sheesh, this guy's arrogance is really starting to bug me!! Who the hell does he think he is. He is a champion footballer - apparently with an ego to match. Maybe they need to put cushions all around whatever ground he plays on in case he hurts himself. He acts like the humble supporters are a pain in the backside all the time - well sorry Chris. Maybe they can lock em' all out for future games so they won't annoy his holiness during games and afterwards.. There have been plenty of other champions before you your holiness - who have not acted like they own the game themselves.. And guess what - there will plenty more long after you have sulked away with your millions. end of rant..

Agree wholeheartedly Yipper. What a tosser. Acting like he's David Beckham. A pox upon him.
Yeah, it just strikes me that it is good enough for Rob Harvey to stay at St.Kilda with our substandard facilities, Archer at North, Scotty West and Chris Grant at the Doggies - but it's not good enough for fancy shoes, his holiness to play at the Dees - even though Neitz, Robbo and co. are ok with it. This bloke has BIG designs on himself - I wonder what his future teammates will make of him!!??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

who cares.

IMO as st kilda we should see what we can get out of the fall out.

I hope we can barrel a club or if not, hold on to our pick so they lose. we must be brutal like say port adelaide or even hawthorn recently similar who let go talent or picks only at crippling prices.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:who cares.

IMO as st kilda we should see what we can get out of the fall out.

I hope we can barrel a club or if not, hold on to our pick so they lose. we must be brutal like say port adelaide or even hawthorn recently similar who let go talent or picks only at crippling prices.
agreed dan, if we do get into a deal we must screw them or laugh and walk away.

Personally I think it can only be a win win here. Collingwood will have to lose a couple of very good players to get him or he goes to one of the bottom two teams. Personally I think that him not going to melbourne is the best thing because they could afford to lose a johnstone for example and a top pick and still keep their underachieving squad together.

Collingwood will have to move heaven and earth to get the draft picks it needs to get judd.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Agree completely with all of you. Great player but what a knob. Greater players than him have done it much tougher. I'd love to see west coast shaft him.

Richter
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:Sheesh, this guy's arrogance is really starting to bug me!! Who the hell does he think he is..........

Yeah, it just strikes me that it is good enough for Rob Harvey to stay at St.Kilda with our substandard facilities, Archer at North, Scotty West and Chris Grant at the Doggies - but it's not good enough for fancy shoes, his holiness to play at the Dees - even though Neitz, Robbo and co. are ok with it. This bloke has BIG designs on himself - I wonder what his future teammates will make of him!!??
A couple of things Yipper..... Not sure what job you do, but if I was taking a new position with a company I'd be pretty p.o.ed if other people were taking pot shots at me and saying what's wrong with me going to the company that offers worse facilities, less chance of career satisfaction etc. etc.

Let's face it, there is a massive restriction on these young blokes. He was forced (not requested, but forced) to go to the other side of the country to practise his chosen career at 18 years old. Now he's in the position to be able to choose where he comes back to - and even then it isn't guaranteed. Cut the bloke a bit of slack IMO. He doesn't deserve the jibes from the cheap seats.

You say he has BIG designs on himself...... true, that's because he is the most talented footballer in the country (when fit) BY A MILE.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Richter
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:Agree completely with all of you. Great player but what a knob. Greater players than him have done it much tougher. I'd love to see west coast shaft him.
You've obviously met him and know him well, eh? :roll: :roll: :roll:

*Edited*
Last edited by Richter on Mon 01 Oct 2007 3:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
fingers wrote:Agree completely with all of you. Great player but what a knob. Greater players than him have done it much tougher. I'd love to see west coast shaft him.

There really are some knobs around here and you're exhibit number 1.
Champions are more than just good players my friend. Players are subservient to the club - that's the model. He chose it.

Richter
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:
Richter wrote:

Champions are more than just good players my friend. Players are subservient to the club - that's the model. He chose it.
A bit of perspective fingers. We all choose the model. And he is maximising his opportunities within it.

Obviously West Coast thought enough of him to appoint him their captain at age 22.

There are certainly worse "crimes" than what Juddy is doing IMO. Gary Ablett (Snr) and Ben Cousins (to the present) have been one club players. IMO Chris Judd >>>>> both of these champions.
Last edited by Richter on Mon 01 Oct 2007 3:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Richter wrote:

And thats the best bit of this whole situation, all we need to worry about is what OUR CLUB can get out of this. players come and go, the club is bigger.

Personally this is one reason why I'm happy we have ball

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
strauchanie
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:melbourne would have been the only club out of the four i would have liked to see him go to

now my respect for him is lost as he seemingly sold out to one of the heartless clubs...
Nothing as heartless as your own members voting to support a merger.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Not disagreeing with you - if I was in his shoes I would do exactly the same thing. However to throw something up like - having to train at a variety of grounds over the summer months is a bit rich. I mean he will probably have nothing else to do over summer will he? He should just say he wants to go to Collingwood for the money and opportunity and be done with it. I don't have any issue with where he ends up - given that we wont get him I don't care.

He's a great player - and probably a good captain. It suited WCE to make him captain given the crap they went through. As much as I like one club players I also like that he chose family over a club of dubious culture (tough choice!)....but please don't give us such nonsense. Just announce your 2 clubs and let the WCE do their bit.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:

He's out of contract and every club in the AFL are after him.

Would you rather he just signed with the first club that showed any interest?

How would you have liked him to handle it?

His next club will be his last club, it's not an easy decision to make.

The media are blowing this whole thing up.
no im not saying he should take the first offer by all means look around and think about it but the way its being portrayed of judd passing judgement on the club "no club rooms too small" "no i dont like the tiles in the shower block" " no they play too many games at the TD "
hes comming across like a spoilt brat

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Richter
SS Life Member

Fair enough fingers. Dunno why I 'm getting so hot under the collar on behalf of Juddy. You're entitled to your opinion.

As I see it at least he has let the clubs in the hunt know quickly about his intentions and told them directly rather than through the media. Whatever why it is put it is going to make him look like a brat IMO - but that's only because the system is so restrictive against all the other players that you have to be particularly good or lucky to get to go to the club of your choice.

Anyhow in view of your perfectly reasonable replies to my post I take back my abuse (which you sensibly ignored!). Cheers!
Last edited by Richter on Mon 01 Oct 2007 3:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Fair enough fingers. Dunno why I 'm getting so hot under the collar on behalf of Juddy. You're entitled to your opinion.

As I see it at least he has let the clubs in the hunt know quickly about his intentions and told them directly rather than through the media.

Anyhow in view of your perfectly reasonable replies to my post I take back my abuse (which you sensibly ignored!). Cheers!
no problem - knob ;)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

He captained the Eagles to a flag and now he wants to return home to be near his family and friends. He's repaid the Eagles for everything they've done for his career.

Our game is now a national competition and unfortunately Australia is a massive country and players will miss home. Judd is just the first player of his stature to want to return, he won't be the last. Jonathan Brown will do the same next year.

If Judd wasn't such a good player nobody would be so much as batting an eyelid at this but because he's the best player in the competition the media have jumped all over it.

If looking after your future and taking all the time you need to make probably the most important decision of your life is being arrogant, then far out.

Richter
SS Life Member

fingers wrote: no problem - knob ;)
OY!!!!!!! :wink: :D