Demons not getting Judd official

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Demons not getting Judd official

From their website
http://melbournefc.com.au/Season2007/Ne ... wsId=51990

Chris Judd Announcement
11:23 AM Mon 1 October, 2007 | Back

Melbournefc

for melbournefc.com.au

News
Club CEO Steve Harris said: "Chris' management advised us this morning that Chris had been somewhat surprised by the quality of our club presentation and strategies, and it was a difficult decision. However the club's training facilities at Junction Oval and the need to train at a variety of grounds over summer was an issue.

“It's well known that new state of the art facilities are due for completion at Olympic Park within 2 years, but we do have this comparative disadvantage.

"While it is very disappointing that Chris will be playing elsewhere next year, the club ought to be quietly satisfied that it had got itself from being a rank "no hope" outsider to being very competitive in the pursuit, and ahead of many clubs who failed to even get his attention.

"This outcome will only sharpen the need for the whole club to work together to ensure we have fully competitive facilities and resources.

"And we know that we have a team very capable of quickly overcoming the 2007 disappointment and getting back into the finals as we were in the three previous years. With a new coach and new football manager, a healthier playing list and with Pick 4 still in our hand, we have plenty of reasons to look forward to the 150th anniversary year in 2008."

Before Im 85
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

wow!

that means we keep our pick 9 as well i guess.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Demons not getting Judd official

saintsrus wrote:From their website

Club CEO Steve Harris said: "Chris' management advised us this morning that Chris had been somewhat surprised by the quality of our club presentation and strategies, and it was a difficult decision. However the club's training facilities at Junction Oval and the need to train at a variety of grounds over summer was an issue.

“."

So does that mean..he wants to bea Pie...as they have the BESt facilities by far??

The Blues facilities are no where near the Pies.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Any point of Melb continuing with the Frawley deal, or should we just put our hands in our pockets and go to the draft with pick 9??... I get the feeling the demons will want to pursue it anyway, to have to top 10 picks, and spud might want to be a saint. Personally, I'd pursue a straight swap, pick 9 for Frawley anyway...

Looks like Twigley will have a nice job somewhere at 9 next year... Or at a massive cardboard company..

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:wow!

that means we keep our pick 9 as well i guess.
Maybe....but the Pies do not have any low picks to give directly to the eagles...and the Blues do not have state of the art training facilities either.

So if it is the Pies...they will need to trade for low picks...OR good players direct to the Eagles.

The Picks that the Pies have cannot swing the deal in itself.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 01 Oct 2007 1:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

collingwood have offered WCE pick 127, two packets of tissues, licuria, heath scotland (currently playing at Carlton) and rhyce shaw.

Eddie maguire believes its the best package available.

Hope Juddy enjoys his two years at richmond.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Any point of Melb continuing with the Frawley deal, or should we just put our hands in our pockets and go to the draft with pick 9??... I get the feeling the demons will want to pursue it anyway, to have to top 10 picks, and spud might want to be a saint. Personally, I'd pursue a straight swap, pick 9 for Frawley anyway...

Looks like Twigley will have a nice job somewhere at 9 next year... Or at a massive cardboard company..

Their new coach Bailey will want to make some changes....so it is possible. But with it being part ofa Judd deal it could not be slanted to our advantage.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saintsrus wrote:From their website

“."

So does that mean..he wants to bea Pie...as they have the BESt facilities by far??

The Blues facilities are no where near the Pies.

What a farce

Why does he not just come and say .........................

needs to drive to few venues??????

I would walk to Darwin for his salary
:roll: :roll:
Last edited by chook23 on Mon 01 Oct 2007 1:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

saint4life
Beej
Saintsational Legend

"While it is very disappointing that Chris will be playing elsewhere next year, the club ought to be quietly satisfied that it had got itself from being a rank "no hope" outsider to being very competitive in the pursuit, and ahead of many clubs who failed to even get his attention.
Haha and some think we have a losing culture.

They're pretty happy they "almost" got Judd.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Who wouldn't want to be the face of the club they grew up supporting.

f*** I hate Collingwood.

Saintgaz
Club Player

Yeah I can just see her in a factory operating machinery :D

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well if collingwood can't put together a decent package...HELLO RICHMOND.

lets hope WCE play hardball.

If the filth come sniffing around us, I hope we play hardball too.

their first pick is like 16 or something.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

A miss is as good as a mile Demons!

Who does Judd think he is just pick your bloody club and stop everyone from trying to brown nose you into a decision.

I used to like you as a player Juddy but you now think you are bigger than the game itself and i hope you get smashed next year for being such a tosser.

If you are good enough to tell the Dees that they are not good enough for you then anounce who your going to today instead of putting everyone through the LETS GET JUDD bullshyte.

I hope WC shaft you in a way and you do end up at the Tigers just to show you that you are not the only one who has a say in it, that is one thing that the power did do right and the WC should take the same approach :twisted:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

well if it is the Pies....lets hope that as it would require asa minimum trading at least 2 GOOD players to either the eagles or third party clubs that it will destabilise them.....

So it is Eddie vs Pratt...

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Who wouldn't want to be the face of the club they grew up supporting.

f*** I hate Collingwood.
i always liked judd...whilst i have lost a lot of respect for him leaving the eagles i was still going to like him

but

if he goes to collingwood im gonna hate him, with a passion!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:well if it is the Pies....lets hope that as it would require asa minimum trading at least 2 GOOD players to either the eagles or third party clubs that it will destabilise them.....

So it is Eddie vs Pratt...
lol Pratt, wtb 2 good players to trade to WCE :lol:

SHUT UP KRIME!
ben_fff
Club Player

I can't believe Melbourne posted that on their website, this whole process is a joke, I can't believe that HE has interviewed the clubs it just blows my mind.

I hope Collingwood pay him $1.6 million and he never gets over his OP.

helsy3
Club Player

This whole business has made me lose a tad of respect for Judd - you'd think after all his success at the Eagles, he would be choosing a Club that he really wanted to be at rather than where he could get the best cash.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Dees Judd letter could just a be a Dear John letter letting them down gently.

I mean his manager is hardly likely to write....sorry we knocked you back as Pratt and Eddie both have HUGE under the table off-field deals that you cannot match.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think this brings Essendon right back into it. They've got pick 6 and lots of young talented players who West Coast would be interested in. And probably the second best facilities in Victoria.

wolfpup
Club Player

hmmm.

interesting.

I would not write off the saints yet for judd or being involved in some way.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

wolfpup wrote:hmmm.

interesting.

I would not write off the saints yet for judd or being involved in some way.

Well if you believe the training facilities excuse.......then no...as ours are hardly flash...with no firm plans for their replacement.

yipper
SS Life Member

Don't worry Dees - you're facilities were not considered suitable for his holiness. Didn't like the idea of training on different grounds for goodness sakes!!?? Perhaps his holiness would like to play footy on cloud 9 all next year lest he might hurt his widdle weggies.. Sheesh, this guy's arrogance is really starting to bug me!! Who the hell does he think he is. He is a champion footballer - apparently with an ego to match. Maybe they need to put cushions all around whatever ground he plays on in case he hurts himself. He acts like the humble supporters are a pain in the backside all the time - well sorry Chris. Maybe they can lock em' all out for future games so they won't annoy his holiness during games and afterwards.. There have been plenty of other champions before you your holiness - who have not acted like they own the game themselves.. And guess what - there will plenty more long after you have sulked away with your millions. end of rant..

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So how MUCH does Judd want to play finals footy in 2008???

Blues not likely to...even with Jidd.

The Pies very likely to.......

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

both can offer judd about the same in wages and conditions.

Blues were not far off finals football, given they pretty much tanked the back 10 games of the season.

the question is can collingwood put together a package without picks?

blues have 1, 3, 19 and a some young 'meat' to trade, collingwood have said about 6 or 7 players are off limits.

they basically want one of the best young players ever for a bag full of rubbish.

its not going to happen.

Blues IMO will trade pick 3 and one of their quality guns OR Judd will end up at richmond.

given a choice of richmond v Carlton, he'll go carlton IMO.

SHUT UP KRIME!