Demons not getting Judd official

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:Jonathan Brown will do the same next year.
Jeepers! He'd better not want to go to Collingwood too. :roll: :roll:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
shoot me down but

would anyone entertain a brown for roo swap if both wanted to go home?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Richter wrote:
shoot me down but

if both wanted to go that is the best possible trade both sides could get

but Riewoldt is happy where he is...and im confident Brown will stay in Brisbane after comments he has made about Judd's move

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Solar wrote:
Richter wrote:
shoot me down but

if both wanted to go that is the best possible trade both sides could get

but Riewoldt is happy where he is...and im confident Brown will stay in Brisbane after comments he has made about Judd's move
Reiwoldt IMO is a class person.

there is something very special about Reiwoldt the way he plays that reminds me of Trevor Barker.(I guess to some I've transgressed by saying that)

The way he throws himself at the ball with suicidal courage, the way he runs at the ball, works tirelessly, never berates his team mates and takes everything in his stride.

I guess he's paid a lot better than barks, but without a doubt reiwoldt could earn a heck of a lot more on the open market than at st kilda.

JB is a class player, and seemingly a class individual. He come across more as a hybrid of say dunstall with a bit of dermie mongeral, but he wont leave the brions IMO.

for me reiwoldt > JB, but others could argue well the other way around.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Brown is like an exact replica of Carey. From kicking action to the way he moves. Even his run up at goal and the way he holds the ball in his hands is identical to Carey. It's uncanny.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Relax...he wants to go to the filth, he's just looking for an official "reason".

How much would ed want judd at collingwood, and what would he stoop to to get him ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

j.brown will never leave the lions unless brisbane somehow see a trade for him...which i somehow never see happening

the media treat him as gospel up here - similar as they did/do with voss

its entertaining though listening to him one the news etc and the completely garbage that comes out of his mouth...yet he is treated as an intelligent soul...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:j.brown will never leave the lions unless brisbane somehow see a trade for him...which i somehow never see happening

its entertaining though listening to him one the news etc and the completely garbage that comes out of his mouth...yet he is treated as an intelligent soul...
Isnt it funny. I think he speaks well and makes a lot sense. Maybe its just me.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

On the footy show a few weeks ago Brown was fully supportive of Judd. Said that when his own contract was up he would definitely be having a look around.

Sounded like more a matter of when than if imo.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:j.brown will never leave the lions unless brisbane somehow see a trade for him...which i somehow never see happening

Isnt it funny. I think he speaks well and makes a lot sense. Maybe its just me.
He does make a lot of sense and he comes across as a very simple, down to earth kinda bloke.

I think it's just the way he speaks and his country accent that lead people to believe he's a bit of a bogan....which he most definitely is.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Looks like Twigley will have a nice job somewhere at 9 next year... Or at a massive cardboard company..
Doesn't she already do part of the WA edition of "Postcards" ??

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Let's face it, there is a massive restriction on these young blokes. He was forced (not requested, but forced) to go to the other side of the country to practise his chosen career at 18 years old.
I don't remember the footage of him being frog marched into the draft camp. To my mind the decision to enter into the AFL draft is a CHOICE.
That decision has consequenses that could see you end up playing out of the city you live and love. How do the country footballers feel about coming to the big smoke to play? Miles and miles away from family and friends?

Judd always had the option of playing VFL football and not risking the draft.

To my mind playing elite football is a bit like joining the armed services. You just nominate that you want to join, do your basic training (draft camp) and then get posted somewhere for a length of time.

If a player does not think they can handle living away from home for 10 years to earn your crust then they probably should not nominate for the AFL.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:If a player does not think they can handle living away from home for 10 years to earn your crust then they probably should not nominate for the AFL.
It's a bit unfair though how a club can just get rid of a player whenever they want for whatever reason and nothing is really said about the club.

Yet, when a player decides to leave a club for family reasons or for financial security, he's dubbed a traitor.

These days the power has shifted towards the footballer and we're going to see a lot more of it.

I mean, if another company offered me double the money I would be off in a flash. I wouldn't think twice about it. Would I be a traitor?

Or is there some unwritten law in footy that says you must stay at the first club you go to and allow them to pay you a third of what you could make elsewhere just because they got you first?

Saint 58
Club Player

I agree OLB, but Judd said he wanted to return to Melbourne, so which ever team in Melbourne that can strike the best deal with West Coast should get him, conditional on salary cap, etc.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Quixote
SS Life Member

Before he decided to leave West Coast, Chris Judd was one of the most popular footballers in the land.

A good Victorian boy, playing for a Perth team, showing them how its done.

He was lucky enough to hold a very neutral position amongst supporters.

His popularity was seemingly built around his strength of character, football prowess and the fact he is boning the hottest bird in the southern hemisphere.

You would think his character and prowess have not changed in the last five weeks. That's pretty safe to assume. And the lucky bastard is still waking up in the morning next to that.

I think it was inevitable that Judd would lose his popularity upon returning to Victoria.

He is now one of us again, and whatever team he does not choose will ultimately feel shunned, and whatever team he does choose comes with its own unique history of rivalry, grudges and blood-shed.

And I think it is ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't have the right to fully explore his options here. Not only is he a superstar (first eight rounds of the Brownlow anyone? West Coasts form after he went down?), but surely it is within any players rights to seek what's best for them in the market?

Tell me seriously, all other things aside - if you had gone overseas five weeks ago and did not return until the first match of 2008, you did not read any AFL news when overseas as you were busy saving goats in Tunisia, as you take your seat at the Dome you look down at our opposition and there, in the centre of the field in resplendent Navy Blue, is Chris Judd...

Would your opinion of him stay the same?

Chris Judd was only as popular as he was becuase he was playing in Perth.

Now that he is back he is, like every other Victorian player who is not a Saint, tainted and a target.

His personality and his character and everything about him will morph in front of our very eyes!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Why?

Why shouldnt he want and get the best deal, best conditions available etc?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Why?

Because he thinks he is above the game and the club.

he decides not anybody else :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint Mik
Club Player

Anyone remember a handy player from the Lions that left for another club down here in Melbourne???

He didnt create all the fuss he made up his own mind without the journo's and the rest of the country following his every foot step, no interveiws and just said trade me to the dogs and i dont want to go anywhere else so dont bother chasing me.

Judd is milking the system for every cent he can get IMO and putting false hope into clubs that have put the time and effort into TRYING to come up to his standard.

Do it with dignity and pick your club and stop wasting everyones time your being a w@nker juddy.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
n1ck wrote:Why?

Because he thinks he is above the game and the club.

he decides not anybody else :roll:
I have chosen to move jobs (within the same profession) on any number of different occasions including between suburbs, countries, continents even. I don't think of myself as bigger than any of the organisations or the profession.

Why is Judd any different? Because no-one else in his job is as good as he is so they don't get to be as lucky to choose. Perhaps it isn't Judd that needs to adapt, it is the game and the clubs.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
yipper
SS Life Member

My view is that the bloke has every right to come back home and choose his club. However, he could try using a bit of class and dignity and not denigrate or humiliate certain clubs in the manner he is currently doing. No, your grass is to thick, or you train at different grounds - what a tosser!! Just be HONEST and admit it's the money - it's either a kings ransom at Collingwood and play on carpet or Pratt's millions at Carlton and play at TD. Just stop the circus and get on with it you self-indulgent tosser. I have worked for over 20 years as a Welfare Housing Manager with the Salvation Army and Anglicare. I work with the poor, down and outs and homeless. This bloke is just making me sick with this self indulgent crap. By the way - I think he is a champion footballer, a superstar - but oh what an absolute tosser!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.