Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mischa
Club Player

Re: Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

n1ck wrote:Said it was very sad that GT had been "banished" from Moorabbin.
"The fact that Robert's longest serving coach was not able to attend a tribute function was an abomination and im sure Rob would have loved to have him there."
Sensible ppl.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

He was able to attend. He chose not to.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
The Peanut wrote: I believe that he is a clubman from the heart as GT is
Excuse me, but last time I checked GT was suing the football club which could end up costing the club a lot of money

$167,000 claim for holiday pay, when GT has already signed a stat dec stating that he's been paid ALL holiday pay and annual leave entitlements already

This after the guy got $500,000 straight up from the get go with no previous AFL coaching experience and was paid over 2.5 million dollars for his services

and not forgetting that he's on record as saying that he'd never do anything to hurt the club

When you consider the sacrifices that so many players made in 1984 to keep this club in existence by taking 22.5 cents in the dollar, it is galling in the extreme that Thomas is now suing the football club for holiday pay and this after he's signed a legal document stating he's owed no holiday pay and annual leave entitlements

and even more so when he went on three all expenses paid holidays disguised as training camps

IMHO he should be thankful that he had the job in the first place, had it for five years and has been paid over $2.5 million dollars

but no, he still wants to sue the club as if he's been underpaid

clubman....pffft....perleeeeeeze

It was always about what the football club could do for Grant Thomas, not vice a versa

The true clubmen, the one's who truly bled red, white and black are the footballers who took 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep this club in existence

The only bleeding of red, white and black that Thomas does comes off the clubs bottomline

FAIR DINKUM
Get some therapy you deluded d**khead. You have more issues than anyone in the history of the world....

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

n1ck wrote:Said he has a great amount of respect for what GT AND RB have done for the club, and that neither one of them should be shunned in future. Said it was very sad that GT had been "banished" from Moorabbin.
"The fact that Robert's longest serving coach was not able to attend a tribute function was an abomination and im sure Rob would have loved to have him there."
they've won my vote. leadership doesn't divide, it unites. both RB and GT should be welcome at moorabbin any time in future. they love this club as much as any of us and have contributed more than most.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 02 Oct 2007 11:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

hows that transcript going boys?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

just waiting on HD to OK the first part.
thought it would be up last night :S

Solar
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:just waiting on HD to OK the first part.
thought it would be up last night :S
HD might struggle as a proper journalist if he can't keep to deadlines :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Excuse me, but last time I checked GT was suing the football club which could end up costing the club a lot of money

$167,000 claim for holiday pay, when GT has already signed a stat dec stating that he's been paid ALL holiday pay and annual leave entitlements already

This after the guy got $500,000 straight up from the get go with no previous AFL coaching experience and was paid over 2.5 million dollars for his services

and not forgetting that he's on record as saying that he'd never do anything to hurt the club

When you consider the sacrifices that so many players made in 1984 to keep this club in existence by taking 22.5 cents in the dollar, it is galling in the extreme that Thomas is now suing the football club for holiday pay and this after he's signed a legal document stating he's owed no holiday pay and annual leave entitlements

and even more so when he went on three all expenses paid holidays disguised as training camps

IMHO he should be thankful that he had the job in the first place, had it for five years and has been paid over $2.5 million dollars

but no, he still wants to sue the club as if he's been underpaid

clubman....pffft....perleeeeeeze

It was always about what the football club could do for Grant Thomas, not vice a versa

The true clubmen, the one's who truly bled red, white and black are the footballers who took 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep this club in existence

The only bleeding of red, white and black that Thomas does comes off the clubs bottomline

FAIR DINKUM
Harvey To Hayes wrote: Get some therapy you deluded d**khead. You have more issues than anyone in the history of the world....

Excuse me arsewipe, do you mind pointing out which bits are factually incorrect

Like most deluded numbnuts and sycophants on this site, you live in a Thomas in wonderland fairytale

Thomas is a snake in the grass and has never given one cent to the football club, actually taken over 2.5 million in recent times and is now suing for more, including $167,000 for holiday pay even though he signed a legal document stating he wasn't owed this money and had already recieved his full entitlement

On the hand you have Rod Butterss who is vilified like he's the antichrist, yet he has actually dipped into his own pocket and contributed more than one million dollars of his own money

That's the real difference between the two men

Butterss gives, Thomas takes

Even in the eighties, many players took 22.5 cents in the dollar and did not recieve their monies owing

Guess who was never owed any money and took their 100 cents in the dollar?

Now stick that in your fishbowl and swim with it

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Thomas is a snake in the grass and has never given one cent to the football club
Actually as you'll see, Thomas has given a fair bit more than one cent to the football club, as stated by Nathan Burke.

Do you call him a Thomas worshipper too? Is he stuck in Thomas in Wonderland fairytale?

Is Burke a snake in the grass and/or a deluded numbnuts or sycophant?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Thomas is a snake in the grass and has never given one cent to the football club
Actually as you'll see, Thomas has given a fair bit more than one cent to the football club, as stated by Nathan Burke.

Do you call him a Thomas worshipper too? Is he stuck in Thomas in Wonderland fairytale?

Is Burke a snake in the grass and/or a deluded numbnuts or sycophant?
Played you on a brake

Hi Nathan, I'm a FFS fan from Saintsational and I would like to put some FFS propoganda up on the Saintsational site, can we meet up for a chat?

I'm also a huge Grant Thomas fan and am still annoyed about the exiting out of my hero last year!

Nathan what are your thoughts?

Cheers :wink:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

How childish :roll: :roll:

GrumpyOne

I thought B4E was banned for abusive language?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Of course Barks you would know FAR better what he meant than the two people who actually were at the interview, wouldnt ya?? Just as well we have you on here to set us straight isnt it..God someone might start forming their own opinions!!

Admit it, if Nathan Burke had dissed GT at that interview, he'd be your new hero..dare I say even doll-worhipping hero!!! 8-) But because he had the class not to, he's feeding them a line :roll:

You...to quote a phrase thats been used a bit the last few days...are FAIR DINKUM unbelievable!!!!!!

Oh..and its played on a BREAK by the way

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bob__71
Club Player

Barks get a life....You are just boring and truely the biggest "look at me" narcicist a person could have the displeasure to converse with.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The fact is nick is a huge fan of Grant Thomas, so go figure

I've heard comments made by Nathan Burke from someone I regard as a reliable source about Thomas that were not too complimentary

How about setting up a meeting for me with Nathan Burke and Mr Westaway, I've got a truckload of questions

Nick is voting for FFS and they no doubt are trading heavily almost entirely I would have thought on the discontent of GT doll worshippers still aggrieved from the exiting out of their messiah, so it is politically wise to not disenfranchise almost your entire support base

If anyone hasn't figured that out then, FAIR DINKUM

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Im also a huge fan of Ross Lyon, Barks.

Burke and Westaway wouldnt have known that i was a fan of GT, or that I was voting for SFF - because at the time, not even I had decided who I was voting for.

You trust a second hand quote from an unnamed source, as opposed to words directly from the man himself *rolls eyes*
Go figure on that, you agenda driven, vitriol spewing megalomaniac.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The fact is nick

FFS are trading heavily on the disenfranchised Thomas fans still seething from the exiting out of their messiah, that's just a FACT and anyone in any doubt about that is just being naive

Of course there are those who didn't like Thomas who will be also voting for FFS, but why jeapordize your support base by ostracizing potential votes by dishing out on either GT or RB

It would be sheer stupidity and unwise to bad mouth Thomas

Doesn't surprise me that they didn't bad mouth Butterss also

It's called politics nick > :idea:

Telling people what they want to hear

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Unlike you, mate, who continually repeats what people DONT want to hear :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Admit it to yourself Barks..you arent anti-SFF, you just worship RB because he sacked GT. He could fiddle the books and leave us squillions in debt (not saying he will hehe) and he'd still be in your good books forever.

IMHO you owe n1ck and HD an apology..for accusing them of letting their personal views cloud what they report here, because that is what you are doing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nick, I reported last week that westaway stole my lunch and GT my bicycle...any word on returning them?

also can you tell GT that I'll be late to devil worshipping class as I'll be attending Ross Lyons "bore your opponents into submission" therapy sessions.

kthxcheers!

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:nick, I reported last week that westaway stole my lunch and GT my bicycle...any word on returning them?

also can you tell GT that I'll be late to devil worshipping class as I'll be attending Ross Lyons "bore your opponents into submission" therapy sessions.

kthxcheers!
I believe Westaway ate it, and GT broke your bike... :lol:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Unlike you, mate, who continually repeats what people DONT want to hear :roll:
Can't handle the truth mate?

Your messiah is suing the football club

$167,000 of his claim is for holiday pay

Thomas already signed a stat dec stating that he's already recieved all holiday pay and annual leave entitlements owing to him

Thomas said he'd never do anything to hurt the club, yet he's suing it for holiday pay

Many players who truly bled red, white and black took 22.5 cents in the dollar for money owed to them for actually playing in our jumper on the ground and have never been paid back

but for them we might not even have a football club for your hero to sue which includes a sum he's stated in a legal document he's already been paid > FAIR DINKUM :roll:

When you figure that he was on $500,000 straight up from the get go with no previous experience and was paid over 2.5 million for his services I reckon he's done ok, hasn't stopped him from suing the club though has it

yet you and many others like you still carry on like there's this omnipresent white light aura around Thomas like he's the second coming

Thomas is nothing more than a slimy snake in the grass

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
How about setting up a meeting for me with Nathan Burke and Mr Westaway, I've got a truckload of questions
FFS no effing way.

We are trying to portray this forum as being populated by intelligent individuals.

We as a forum don't want to be represented by some individual with the collective intelligence of a bucketfull of pond algae.

Why haven't you been banned yet B4E. Still have the negatives of the photos?

There is no logical reason, given your abusive rantings over the past week, that you should still be permitted to post.

Where is that Sacred Cow thread again?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

stuck on repeat stuck on repeat stuck on repeat stuck on repeat.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

its a free forum

I disagree with 95% of what B4E has to say but he has the right to say it as long as he doesn't break forum rules.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!