Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

As most of you know, myself and HarveysDeciple spent about an hour with GW and NB last monday.

Some information will be posted tomorrow and over the coming the days as we have the time to finish writing it up and editing.

As alot of the questions had overlapping answers, we are only posting our startup questions, but we can assure you that most of your questions were asked and most were answered in the allotted time period.

We found both of them to be quite open and transparent. Both very personable guys - and Burkey especially gave us quite an insight into how the club has been run over the last 'x' amount of years - and also some interesting details about Grant Thomas and how he was treated by the club. Might put to rest some of the rumours about bust ups and in-fighting - and the speculated reasons as to why NB left the coaches ranks.

Said he has a great amount of respect for what GT AND RB have done for the club, and that neither one of them should be shunned in future. Said it was very sad that GT had been "banished" from Moorabbin.
"The fact that Robert's longest serving coach was not able to attend a tribute function was an abomination and im sure Rob would have loved to have him there."

Anyway, like I said, more details will be posted tomorrow and in the coming days.
Keep your eyes peeled for updates!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

interesting, already!

i always thought GT and NB didnt get along. Interesting to see him sticking up for him.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

As Blackboard would say to Miss Jane on Mr Squiggle.......

HURRRRRY UUUUP!! HURRRRRY UUUUP!!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our chat with Westaway and Burke.

aussierules0k wrote:
n1ck wrote:As most of you know, myself and HarveysDeciple spent about an hour with GW and NB last monday.!
Letter dropper. ;)

Dudes... it's been a week... how about some substance... shall we send Cuz over? 8-)

I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do than type up the Q and A's - so hop to it!

:)
Fair crack of the whip, guv'!
Its reasonable to say that it hasnt been posted yet because we sleep all day and party all night...
but, as reasonable as it sounds, its a lie. kinda. sorta. ANYWAY...

im currently writing parts of it up now, being almost 3am, so stop ya whining! ;)

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

:)

chook23
Saintsational Legend

We must all bear in mind that there is two sides to every story...

saint4life
spyglass
Club Player

chook23 wrote:We must all bear in mind that there is two sides to every story...
3 sides actually....your side...their side.....and somewhere in between....the truth!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is Burke sticking up for GT now because he truely does....or is it to sway the unhealthy number of GT cult followers against the current board???

The Peanut
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Is Burke sticking up for GT now because he truely does....or is it to sway the unhealthy number of GT cult followers against the current board???
Fair question ...

Although there 'might' be a small amount of spin in the way Nathan puts it ‘spinner’, I believe that he is a clubman from the heart as GT is, and I am sure that GT will be treated as an important servant to the club when/if the challenging ticket take the seats in the boardroom. Burkie is a very ‘personable’ bloke and although he may have had issues with some of GT’s processes, he is not mean. Rod has been an important servant in our development too, but IMHO Rod had better start realising what’s better for the club at the moment or some of us may tend to overlook just what he has contributed and how important he has been for us.

… just to continue the political twist :wink:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Is Burke sticking up for GT now because he truely does....or is it to sway the unhealthy number of GT cult followers against the current board???
:lol: You shouldn't have inhaled, it obviously makes you paranoid !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote: I believe that he is a clubman from the heart as GT is
Excuse me, but last time I checked GT was suing the football club which could end up costing the club a lot of money

$167,000 claim for holiday pay, when GT has already signed a stat dec stating that he's been paid ALL holiday pay and annual leave entitlements already

This after the guy got $500,000 straight up from the get go with no previous AFL coaching experience and was paid over 2.5 million dollars for his services

and not forgetting that he's on record as saying that he'd never do anything to hurt the club

When you consider the sacrifices that so many players made in 1984 to keep this club in existence by taking 22.5 cents in the dollar, it is galling in the extreme that Thomas is now suing the football club for holiday pay and this after he's signed a legal document stating he's owed no holiday pay and annual leave entitlements

and even more so when he went on three all expenses paid holidays disguised as training camps

IMHO he should be thankful that he had the job in the first place, had it for five years and has been paid over $2.5 million dollars

but no, he still wants to sue the club as if he's been underpaid

clubman....pffft....perleeeeeeze

It was always about what the football club could do for Grant Thomas, not vice a versa

The true clubmen, the one's who truly bled red, white and black are the footballers who took 22.5 cents in the dollar to keep this club in existence

The only bleeding of red, white and black that Thomas does comes off the clubs bottomline

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Barks, do you lead such a sad and lonely existence that the only joy you seem to get out of life stems from continually criticising and ex-coach? On an internet forum no less?

Not long now before one of your numerous alias' pipe up in agreeance with you.

Sad man. :cry:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

who cares about GT honestly GT has nothing to do with st kilda and his court case ect ect have got fiddles to do with anything there are more important issues to the SFF vs RB then the ex coach !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

did er, you ask westaway about my bicycle? or my cut lunch that he stole?

also will we see the heritage strip again? (where everyone over 60 takes their clothes off?)

IMO you have obviously dodged the important questions...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

RB, GT, FF, all want to do what is right for the club trouble is one mans right is another mans wrong so this is where we are at.

WHAT A FARKIN MESS THIS IS BECOMING

Its a joke IMO as these men all want what is best for the Saints but are not willing to talk to each other about it :roll:

EGO"S all round no matter which way you want to look at it :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

NB was not just sticking up for GT. Both he and GW said it would be a shame if Butterss was ostracised in the same way.

They stated that both should be credited with the change of culture at the club, and have both been integral parts of the clubs history and will be credited as such.

The Peanut
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Excuse me, but last time I checked GT was suing the football club which could end up costing the club a lot of money

FAIR DINKUM
Well Barks you do have a point there but the club requested that he take less money to leave peacefully and he has ‘pretty-well’ adhered to the conditions of further payments - and now we are reneging on the deal. But far be it for me to argue with you ... I do enjoy your 'exchanges' with 'AT' on this board. :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
Well Barks you do have a point there but the club requested that he take less money to leave peacefully and he has ‘pretty-well’ adhered to the conditions of further payments - and now we are reneging on the deal. But far be it for me to argue with you ... I do enjoy your 'exchanges' with 'AT' on this board. :wink:
but my bicycle? any news on that?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:

but my bicycle? any news on that?
Yes Dan it is in the General Forum.....of late you have been spamming the Football Forum with your comedic attempts....

A bit of humour is fine....but perhaps like your bike most belong in the General Forum????

PS..Word has it that you will find your lunch there too....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
luckysaint
Club Player

i will be very interested to hear about it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:NB was not just sticking up for GT. Both he and GW said it would be a shame if Butterss was ostracised in the same way.

They stated that both should be credited with the change of culture at the club, and have both been integral parts of the clubs history and will be credited as such.
Hows the culture changed?

About to implode again - no flags..what just less police incidents?

As others stated I would like to know Grant Thomas's involvement NOW and into the FUTURE with this ticket, its members and silent backers (of which I have no doubt a fat Lindsay is...).

As said on this thread before .....Ego's all round.....so wheres the culture change? still a "plaything" for rich beamer drivin Brighton living lap dogs :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
Do tell me how hes taken his last pay cheque and gone off silently about the club into the sunset......Im all ears...... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:As others stated I would like to know Grant Thomas's involvement NOW and into the FUTURE with this ticket, its members and silent backers (of which I have no doubt a fat Lindsay is...).
Grant Thomas has no involvement whatsoever.

On the record.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Teflon wrote:As others stated I would like to know Grant Thomas's involvement NOW and into the FUTURE with this ticket, its members and silent backers (of which I have no doubt a fat Lindsay is...).
Grant Thomas has no involvement whatsoever.

On the record.
yeah heard that....

cya when the transcripts done.

“Yeah….nah””