geelong have signed brookes & watts death certificate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:You can play one of Kosi, Watts or Brooks in the forward line ... but not two ...

Allen is likely to move past both of Watts and Brooks
i can forsee a role for brooks in the forward pocket alongside kosi this season. hard for oppositions to compete with that height and marking ability on the last line and it's all about playing to your strengths. we've been following trends too often and for too long and should start a few trends of our own.

as for allen, don't know much about him. tell me more
Brooks played forward a lot this year in our seconds and only kicked 10-15 goals. Why would he kick more against better players.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Brooks played forward a lot this year in our seconds and only kicked 10-15 goals. Why would he kick more against better players.
i thought he played much of the year in the ruck.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Brooks played forward a lot this year in our seconds and only kicked 10-15 goals. Why would he kick more against better players.
i thought he played much of the year in the ruck.
Well he played both in the ruck and up forward and still didnt kick many goals.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I'm less concerned by Brooks lack of goals than I am by his lack of strength. Whether he plays up forward or in the ruck, I don't want to see him get bodied out of the way as easily as he has been in the past.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

he's been retained on the list obviously because of our lack of many decent ruck options, so i assume the plan is to play kosi at ff.

I'm hoping he has been given a massive rocket and told "it's now or never".

from what i've seen you're right. he has super skills for a tall guy but lacks confidence in his ability to match it against big-bodied opponents.

needs someone to crack the whip and get him bulking up with some gym work over summer

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

why do we persist on talking about usless hacks brooks is not worth a spot on the team the end .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:he's been retained on the list obviously because of our lack of many decent ruck options, so i assume the plan is to play kosi at ff.

I'm hoping he has been given a massive rocket and told "it's now or never".

from what i've seen you're right. he has super skills for a tall guy but lacks confidence in his ability to match it against big-bodied opponents.

needs someone to crack the whip and get him bulking up with some gym work over summer
We do not know if he has been retained on the list as only Sweeney, Raymond and Wall have been delisted however there is at least a month to go before final lists need to be in. I dont he will be retained.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We do not know if he has been retained on the list as only Sweeney, Raymond and Wall have been delisted however there is at least a month to go before final lists need to be in. I dont he will be retained.
Wall? That's news, if true.

I think your credibility is on the line here re: Brooks, plugger, because you've been so adamant about him being gone. Time will tell.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We do not know if he has been retained on the list as only Sweeney, Raymond and Wall have been delisted however there is at least a month to go before final lists need to be in. I dont he will be retained.

I think your credibility is on the line here re: Brooks, plugger, because you've been so adamant about him being gone. Time will tell.
I have no credibility I have an opinion that he will be delisted that is all.May hear more on Friday at the B and F.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Otiman wrote:

I have no credibility I have an opinion that he will be delisted that is all.May hear more on Friday at the B and F.
That would make 7 to go from the senior list plugger, unless we bring up all four rookies (CJ, attard, geary and eddy) we have more then enough spots open.

Your GUESS is that he is gone, my GUESS is that he will stay

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Hamill, Voss, M. Clarke, Thompson, Gehrig retired
Raymond, Sweeney delisted

That's 7 spaces.

Doubt we will use more than 4 picks in the draft (takes us to #58 and the draft isn't deep this year) which means we must elevate 3 rookies or trade for a player.

Can't see Brooks being delisted - he will be replaced by pick #73 in the draft, and that is likely to be a player worse than Brooks anyway.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They will want PSD pick IMO so I think at least one more to go.