Pre season 2008

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Pre season 2008

lets look forward aa bit shall we

lets forget all the board room crap and say we have a prez in his seat and the board is all set in stone and strong .

as a team we have to look at getting members back to the club we have to generate some possitive intrest in our Brand and show our fans that hope is not lost since our 2004 win in the wizbang cup we have not won any preseason games at all and our practice matches have been nothing short of pathetic last year RL was qouted as being keen to start the real games and we were not all that fussed in the preseason cause the real thing was our main concern . 2008 i feel we need to show somthing in the preseason we need to make a concious effort to try and win the damn thing if nothing more to generate some more intrest in our club , to get the members in the mood to sign up again and maybe use some of that momentum to start the season off with a roar

i would love for Rossy to call the three captains into his office and say to them "look Bally im taking the capt. off you so you can just work on getting back to being the player we know you can" "Lenny im taking the capt. off you so you and devote all your energy into tearing up the midfeild and getting brownlow votes" "Roo you are the media face of the club and the most recognisable figure at the club you will be the capt."

i want our boys to start off with fire in their bellies at the moment all the respect we earnt from 2004 - 2005 is fast fading all our media coverage is fading and our membership is fast fading if we dont do somthing early in the year to stop this i fear we will be set to return to the middle of the run team and with our history soon enuff to the lower parts our window is still open but if we dont make the most of it soon its going to be closed sooner or later

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
battye
Saintsational Legend

Having a crack at winning the Wizard/NAB/whatever it's called cup isn't such a bad idea IMO.

Look what happened last time, we won the thing and it gave us great momentum into the "real thing".

Giving Riewoldt the captaincy isn't a bad idea either. Either Hayes or Riewoldt having sole captaincy would be fine in fact.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The fact is i feel that if we dont give it a red hot crack in the preseason we are going to suffer on the membership front the longer we play in the NAB cup the more exposure via TV we will get the more likly we will play on real grounds not so paddock out in country NSW and also the cash from winning would go a looong way to paying for the SFF promisses

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yes, would like to see us win a few games in the NAB Cup.

We should be fit and raring to go by that stage, and without wanting to interfere with RL's preparation, it would be good to start on a good note for our membership.

Not sure about changing the 3 captains ... think it works okay. I guess only RL and the players know on this one.

Would also like a "training the house down" pre-season from Armo/Mini/Raph ... these guys are critical for us next year.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

I hope we take pre season seriously as the points u make are spot on but something tells me Ross will look at developing youngsters for the season proper i hope either way we have some success.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

ross lyon to get out from the bunker & really start pumping up & pushing the clubs profile etc...last yr all we got was fn sydney this sydney that..reckon every time he opened his mouth the swine picked up 1000 of our members..a coach is not only a coach any more his role goes further than that

no 4 weeks holidays prior to xmas for our media spokesperson,membership or marketing dept..thats the best time to hit the media over that period when our opposition goes into lockdown mode...we have the media to ourselves

footys a 52 weeks a yr business why close down during the yrs biggest spending period

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Just want to see majority of list and major players particulalry get through and have a solid base. Would like to go well in Nab cup BUT with Geary, Allen, Brooks?, Armitage et al leading the charge.

THAT would be THE greatest hint this club is on the right path and for me MUCH greater than winning the Nab cup wioth Riewoldt and Hayes and co leading the charge cause we KNOW what they are gonna give us all year.

Girlong won the flag with some quality coming through - thats what will get members excited IMHO.

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

I definitely want to see some youngsters having a go in the pre-season games

5 or 6 a game, that we haven't seen so we know what they can do!!

I would be extremely disappointed that in round one of wizard cup

Armitage, McQualter, first pick in draft, Geary, Wall Watts and Brooks

They need a run

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

i don't care at all about the NAB cup.....

Pre-season wise what I want Misson, smith and the AIS guys to achieve is the best conditioned and fittest St Kilda team that we have ever seen.

As far as I am concerned they can use the NAB as THEY best see fit.....whether this is playing or the kids and fringe or our best 2 I will leave up to them.

Winning the whole thing...or even just a game is simply not a priority for me....or even an issue.

I just want 100% of the list (minus Attard) 100% fit....and raring to go. If we get near that then we will be way in front.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:ross lyon to get out from the bunker & really start pumping up & pushing the clubs profile etc...last yr all we got was fn sydney this sydney that..reckon every time he opened his mouth the swine picked up 1000 of our members..a coach is not only a coach any more his role goes further than that

no 4 weeks holidays prior to xmas for our media spokesperson,membership or marketing dept..thats the best time to hit the media over that period when our opposition goes into lockdown mode...we have the media to ourselves

footys a 52 weeks a yr business why close down during the yrs biggest spending period
most of that was cause the media kept asking about sydney not cause ross was talking bout thim
but your right look at sheedy when at essendon he was constantly on the promotion trail every time he spoke he would be pushing essendon same with eddie at collingwood we need to get our brand out there to the masses (and in a possitive way not from court cases and turmoil)