Geelong only need to wait 52 weeks for their next flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i would be willing to put a fair amount on the pussies NOT to win again in 2008...it's called a premiership hangover....ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
What odds will you give me?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:i would be willing to put a fair amount on the pussies NOT to win again in 2008...it's called a premiership hangover....ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
i don't bet with losers.....especially ones that post filth like you do.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
excuse me, but I thought your OP in that thread was nothing but filthy muck raking

Geelong will win the premiership next year and you know it, although you refuse to face up to it

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
excuse me, but I thought your OP in that thread was nothing but filthy muck raking

Geelong will win the premiership next year and you know it, although you refuse to face up to it
They will win as Essendon did in 2001 and Carlton did in 1996. Very intelligent post.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

barks your the one who orignally made the call.

Give me some odds for geelong not winning it

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lol, Barks, i seem to remember u weren't doing too well at one point during the year betting on St.Kilda to win games, so i don't think ur track record on predicting the outcomes of football matches is too reliable ;)

this year everything at geelong 'clicked', next year will be no where near as easy as this one

chuck in a few injuries, players in bad form, a few other teams in the comp lifting their game, and Geelong will struggle

yes, at their very best that team can win the flag, but that same team can also miss the finals, as they did in 2006

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
StSteven
Club Player

Nah Ctas are chokers......(aren't they?.......that's what everyone told us three weeks ago!

Lynch Beast
Club Player

Hard to measure any team against the cats, they were in just AWESOME form after round 6

barely any injuries (1 or 2 missing here and there) and playing with an unbelievable amount of confidence

9 bloody All Australians in the same team is AMAZING

West Coast went into the SF against the Pies Missing Waters, Kerr, Judd, Cousins, Butler & Hansen (for the most part) and were able to take them to extra time.

Geelong's midfield is amazing to watch, apart from Ablett & Wojak none of them are really break the lines with pace but the way they move the ball, block, pressure & tackle is just unbelievable.

They physically dominated our smaller midfielders like Kerr, Fletcher, Braun ect and it was obvious that you need more than running ability to match them, They were taller & they run just as hard as the little blokes.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:Hard to measure any team against the cats, they were in just AWESOME form after round 6

barely any injuries (1 or 2 missing here and there) and playing with an unbelievable amount of confidence

9 bloody All Australians in the same team is AMAZING

West Coast went into the SF against the Pies Missing Waters, Kerr, Judd, Cousins, Butler & Hansen (for the most part) and were able to take them to extra time.

Geelong's midfield is amazing to watch, apart from Ablett & Wojak none of them are really break the lines with pace but the way they move the ball, block, pressure & tackle is just unbelievable.

They physically dominated our smaller midfielders like Kerr, Fletcher, Braun ect and it was obvious that you need more than running ability to match them, They were taller & they run just as hard as the little blokes.
discipline and confidence > pace

they take their chances and work hard.

if the geelong forward doeesn't mark the ball they are running in gangs and harrassing the opposition ball carrier.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
osama milne laden
Club Player

>>>Geelong will win the premiership next year and you know it, although you refuse to face up to it

ummm, just like grant thomas was going to be michael voss' assistant at carlton 'fair dinkum'?

'What do we eat? -Mussles
How do we eat 'em? - Alive'
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:i would be willing to put a fair amount on the pussies NOT to win again in 2008...
I'll have a bit on that......

Wonder what odds Brisbane would have got in '02 for back-to-back?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong only need to wait 52 weeks for their next flag

barks4eva wrote: St.Kilda..............pffft, if anyone is deluded into thinking that Geelong would be seriously worried by us then you are fair dinkum living in cloud cuckoo land
You did.

You categorically stated that we would win the flag.

You categorically stated that we had the best list and with a decent coach we were going to win the flag in 07.

barks4eva wrote: Geelong waited 44 years for this premiership it will only be 52 weeks for their next one
Unless they get a couple of injuries.

Then they'll be back with the pack like everyone else.

Having said that, until the AFL decide that a Melbourne can win the flag, it won't happen.

The non-Melbourne clubs have far too big an advantage.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:You categorically stated that we had the best list and with a decent coach we were going to win the flag in 07.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's right. i'm still waiting to see rix holding the premiership cup aloft. he's the answer to all our problems, isn't he barks :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lynch Beast wrote:

How do you explain that the Pies almost knocked them off in the PF then???

Could easily have been a Pies GF win this year.

Which is not to say that the Cats have not had an AWESOME year, as they clearly have...just that the Pies almost stole it. But for Ottens the Pies would have won it.

cats are looking good in 2008......virtually no older players, probably no retirements....and a number of good young players such as Hawkins, Blake etc that were not in the 2007 GF 22...as well as the injured Eade.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 01 Oct 2007 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Lynch Beast wrote:

Which is not to say that the Cats have not had an AWESOME year, as they clearly have...just that the Pies almost stole it. But for Ottens the Pies would have won it.
but for 20 second more the pies could have stolen that flag. The ball on the half forward line and with all the momentum!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:[

f*** me....the guy reckons i can predict the future but am not willing to acknowlege that fact........if i could predict who or what was going to win something...or anything..i would not be wasting my time on here...ffs..

.the guy has seriously lost it......

... :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Lynch Beast wrote:

but for 20 second more the pies could have stolen that flag. The ball on the half forward line and with all the momentum!

me thinks that had fraser played in that game, history would be very different today..... :(

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the only difference between the Geelong/Pies prelim and our 2 in 2004 & 2005 is that they DIDN'T cop numerous injuries throughout the game

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:the only difference between the Geelong/Pies prelim and our 2 in 2004 & 2005 is that they DIDN'T cop numerous injuries throughout the game
Neither did we.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

gone into the games with injuries, same thing

THE POINT IS ITS NOT FAIR!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:gone into the games with injuries, same thing

THE POINT IS ITS NOT FAIR!
Well we didnt in 2004. We lost because we were one kick short.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The_Dud wrote:the only difference between the Geelong/Pies prelim and our 2 in 2004 & 2005 is that they DIDN'T cop numerous injuries throughout the game
Neither did we.
the other thing about those years is that we had to play finals interstate both years, which was unsettling even though we were good enough to beat adelaide in adelaide.

geelong finished on top, which made their campaign that much easier.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The only thing I was truly crappy about this season was us failing to have a second crack at the Cats!! We can and have held our heads high when it comes to challenging the handbaggers - they aren't anything special IMO. Collingwood nearly ran them ragged in the Prelim and they were tired from travel and a gruelling match the week before.

I think if we can get a consistent 4 quarters of football happening, we'll match it up, and beat, anyone out there!!

The Cats deserved this win this season IMO. They worked hard for it and found a common team goal. We need to band together and do the same!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
RooandKosi
Club Player

we can win next year no doubt

Beej
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:You categorically stated that we had the best list and with a decent coach we were going to win the flag in 07.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's right. i'm still waiting to see rix holding the premiership cup aloft. he's the answer to all our problems, isn't he barks :D
:lol: :lol: What an absolute tree that man must be. :roll: