frawley for pick 9?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Has Sylvia ever been mentioned (apart from this forum??) as part of a trade

I know that Craig Hutchison has mentioned Frawley OR Ricky Pettard as a possibles in the 3 way trade...

I for one would love to secure Pettard ahead of Frawley

I would rather have Petterd

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that we seem to be targetted by clubs chasing Judd as the 'swing' pick to make the deal go through, why not the Doggies or Freo or the Lions?

Do those clubs believe we are a soft touch or a club desperate to trade because we have under achieved in recent seasons?

I would be very wary of these clubs. I think whoever wants Judd needs to pay a price, so if we are to get involved we need to bargain hard or let them find another club to facilitate the deal.

Whether Frawley or Petterd will make it is almost as unknown as whether any of the top 25 from this year's draft will make it so I do not see a straight trade as reasonable.

I say we keep this pick and let one of Judd's preferred four clubs sell their soul for him.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Interesting that we seem to be targetted by clubs chasing Judd as the 'swing' pick to make the deal go through, why not the Doggies or Freo or the Lions?

Do those clubs believe we are a soft touch or a club desperate to trade because we have under achieved in recent seasons?

I would be very wary of these clubs. I think whoever wants Judd needs to pay a price, so if we are to get involved we need to bargain hard or let them find another club to facilitate the deal.

Whether Frawley or Petterd will make it is almost as unknown as whether any of the top 25 from this year's draft will make it so I do not see a straight trade as reasonable.

I say we keep this pick and let one of Judd's preferred four clubs sell their soul for him.
Didn't Petterd get badly injured this year?

I agree Ghost, if they want us tpo facilitate the deal they can pay well above going odds for our pick 9.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Didn't Petterd get badly injured this year?

I agree Ghost, if they want us tpo facilitate the deal they can pay well above going odds for our pick 9.
Yes he did, he suffered a collapsed lung, but is fine now

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I think we are furiously agreeing with each other.. a straight swap of pick 9 for Frawley is NOT a deal any of us are particularly wanting to see !! :lol:

peter lockwood
Club Player

Considering what Judd would bring to Melbourne offfield-eg,Memberships & Sponsers why would we give up pick9 for just one young player?Frawley might be something we want fair enough,but couldnt we get that anyway in the draft and stuff Melbourne.Why not get both Frawley & Petterd,Its gotta work both ways.
They get their man and we come out with a FB and a Midfielder with a bit of toe.What we need!
Or to throw a spanner in the works, maybe Frawley and a second pick is what Lyon wants and he may have another trade set up for that pick.Who knows?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Frawley is at a guess a 193cm running backman???

Just what we need :roll:

Raph, Gilbert and Allen all developing and around the same size.

We need midfielders not KPP's IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
karnaby
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:We need midfielders not KPP's IMO.
Absolutely!

& we should look for another young ruckman to put time into, along with Van Rheenan, instead of trolling around looking for other clubs' cast offs.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

so pick 9 for pettard it is then

i would be satisfied with that however...

seeing as we are the dominant player in this (as the dees want to secure judd)...maybe we could get a second round/third round pick out of them...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

peter lockwood wrote:Considering what Judd would bring to Melbourne offfield-eg,Memberships & Sponsers why would we give up pick9 for just one young player?Frawley might be something we want fair enough,but couldnt we get that anyway in the draft and stuff Melbourne.Why not get both Frawley & Petterd,Its gotta work both ways.
They get their man and we come out with a FB and a Midfielder with a bit of toe.What we need!
Or to throw a spanner in the works, maybe Frawley and a second pick is what Lyon wants and he may have another trade set up for that pick.Who knows?
maybe luon is looking at jolly for our second round pick and keep this upgraded 2nd rounder?

Agree that pettard would suit us better. pick 9 for pettard and their 2nd rounder would be a steal!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:so pick 9 for pettard it is then
Keep the pick. Petterd's not that good. Ouside player, not particularly flash with his disposal, not overly quick. There are going to be better players available at pick 9.

Brian Collis
Club Player

What about pick 9 for a pasta marinara followed by a lemon sago pudding?

The sweetener could be a loaf of garlic bread. Too good to refuse!

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Brian Collis wrote:What about pick 9 for a pasta marinara followed by a lemon sago pudding?

The sweetener could be a loaf of garlic bread. Too good to refuse!

Now we're cooking

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Kiedis
Club Player

Didn't Archie recently say we're after midfielders and medium sized forwards with regards to the Fev speculation? So why out of the blue are we after Frawley, and what BT has confirmed this?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:Didn't Archie recently say we're after midfielders and medium sized forwards with regards to the Fev speculation? So why out of the blue are we after Frawley, and what BT has confirmed this?
When Ross took over the main needs he indentified once you put his comments over several interviews together were:

*ruckmen
*more run through the middle = more mids
*a full back

Now with Hamill likely to retire....and Vos has retred plus Sweeney delisted you add the need fora small to medium forward to the above.

With the ruckmen....how much the Saints push here will in large part be shaped by how confident the Club is about Gardi's feet.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

In the 2006 TAC cup, James Frawly's kicking efficiency (under no pressure) was a rotten 40%.

Sounds a lot like his uncle, who couldn't kick for crap.

Not the type of player any club needs. If you don't have a kicking efficiency rate of at least 80%, you are a liability, pure and simple!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WE NEED MIDFIELDERS FFS - and preferably ones who have an idea where the goal posts are and WHO can kick more than 30m (big hi to Mcquaklter)

“Yeah….nah””
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Won't happen - 7 ran a report last night that Melbourne are willing to trade Travis Johnstone to Sydney in return for their first draft pick plus a player (they reported it as Darren Jolly) in a 3 way deal where Judd would get to Melbourne - giving the Eagles 3 of the first 11 picks.

Considering the column about Frawley came from that gutter-trawling journo Hutchinson I am surprised anybody would belive that rubbish in the first place.........

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, seems pretty likely now that Sydney will be the conduit for a deal between the Eagles and Melbourne for Judd.

Pleases me no end ... one club will lose out on the "Judd trade", and I had a horrible feeling that it would be us if we were going to be involved.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Melbourne should do that trade whether they get Judd or not. Pick 11 + Jolly for an enigmatic, inconsistent outside mid who's not that young anymore is an absolute steal.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

cwrcyn wrote:In the 2006 TAC cup, James Frawly's kicking efficiency (under no pressure) was a rotten 40%.

Sounds a lot like his uncle, who couldn't kick for crap.

Not the type of player any club needs. If you don't have a kicking efficiency rate of at least 80%, you are a liability, pure and simple!
I don't know where the stats tend to wind up in the TAC cup, but in the AFL, 80% is considered elite for mids and forwards. Backmen IIRC 80% is above average, but not significantly so, and 80% is elite. I'd suspect at junior level, efficiencies would be lower due to higher variation in skills making a kick to advantage less likely to end up in the right players hands. I'd expect it to be offset by higher contested ball rates. Since I don't know, can anyone tell me what level of correlation there tends to be in disposal efficiency at TAC level and AFL level?

Regardless, 40% is woeful, means the opposition is better off with the ball in your hands than your team is.

Back on subject, FWIW, I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder for Frawley.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SaintWodonga
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:Melbourne should do that trade whether they get Judd or not. Pick 11 + Jolly for an enigmatic, inconsistent outside mid who's not that young anymore is an absolute steal.
Didn't Jolly come from the Demons before the Swans?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

SaintWodonga wrote:
vacuous space wrote:Melbourne should do that trade whether they get Judd or not. Pick 11 + Jolly for an enigmatic, inconsistent outside mid who's not that young anymore is an absolute steal.
Didn't Jolly come from the Demons before the Swans?
He did - but there has been talk (gossip and speculation) that he (Jolly) is keen to come back to Victoria......

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

karnaby wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:We need midfielders not KPP's IMO.
Absolutely!

& we should look for another young ruckman to put time into, along with Van Rheenan, instead of trolling around looking for other clubs' cast offs.
Couldn't agree with you more there :wink:

Carl Mynott
Club Player

Judd doesn't want Melbourne,does that mean Frawley wont be offered as bait for pick 9,why would they do it,unless Bailey has been told he's a dud and The Saints may take him for sentimental reasons.....

:?:

The more things change the more they stay the same