frawley for pick 9?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Gt just said on Sen he would be "very surprised" if we gave it up, said top 10 players play average of 100 games

Before Im 85
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Gt just said on Sen he would be "very surprised" if we gave it up, said top 10 players play average of 100 games
didnt stop him with brooks

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintsrus wrote:Gt just said on Sen he would be "very surprised" if we gave it up, said top 10 players play average of 100 games
didnt stop him with brooks
owned

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
kp83
Club Player

Brian Taylor on MMM just said that the Judd deal is done with the Dees and the saints will get Frawley in the deal, plus some draft picks in the top 20.
Obviously not confirmed, but when BT drops these bombs, he is very rarely wrong (eg Lloyd's HS, Dick Pratt as Carlton president etc).

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

matty wrote:i say pick 9 brooks and a 3rd round pick for robertson, sylvia, lil spud and seaby??? cant remember his name atm. in a 3 way deal with melb and wce.

thats a fair deal since they are in the negative position. but probably unlikely, we should be mean spirited P...ks that everyone else has been to us, this is the time to pawn others.we need to stop the 100 yrs of BS disrespect, starting with this draft and continuing into the future.

carn saints
seaby has just re-signed with WCE anyway i think...

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:Brian Taylor on MMM just said that the Judd deal is done with the Dees and the saints will get Frawley in the deal, plus some draft picks in the top 20.
Obviously not confirmed, but when BT drops these bombs, he is very rarely wrong (eg Lloyd's HS, Dick Pratt as Carlton president etc).
if we were to get a draft pick in the 20's and frawley i would be rapt...

theoretically it would be a major show of trade muscle knowing we have an interesting piece of the puzzle

and considering this draft is rated pretty average apart from the top 5, two second round picks and virtually a first (in frawley seeing as this is his second year in the system) is a major win

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
kp83 wrote:Brian Taylor on MMM just said that the Judd deal is done with the Dees and the saints will get Frawley in the deal, plus some draft picks in the top 20.

theoretically it would be a major show of trade muscle knowing we have an interesting piece of the puzzle

and considering this draft is rated pretty average apart from the top 5, two second round picks and virtually a first (in frawley seeing as this is his second year in the system) is a major win
BT...you better be right!!

10/10 for stkilda if this happens

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

QueenC wrote:
evertonfc wrote: I'm keener on Sylvia than Frawley, and he'll be available much cheaper than what he should be.
Why? Just curious.
Because Sylvia has talent, but he's burned too many bridges at Melbourne and hasn't kicked on at all.

Has talent, but I can't see him getting the best out of himself in the enviroment he's currently in.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

woooosaints
Club Player

thats awesome i think because with pick 9 we would of picked up rance now we have a full back for the future when maxy is injured screw gwilt hes crap they said it was a great effort when fevola kicked 6 on him what a joke

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:seaby has just re-signed with WCE anyway i think...
He can still be traded does not matter

Before Im 85
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
i'm pretty sure that u can't be traded in the 1st year of ur new contract

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Yes if we gained Frawley and a pick in the 20s....for 9 that would be attractive.

Though the post said plus some draft picks in the top 20 ...which woud not occur as that would be too good a deal for us..

So either the draft numbers are wrong....or another player is invovd.....or the deal of frawley to the saints is wrong...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
i'm pretty sure that u can't be traded in the 1st year of ur new contract
Incorrect

AFLPA looked at trying to get that rule brought in but decided against it as it would restrict opportunities.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well now the Gf ...and Judd's operation are both out of the way...hopefully we will hear some confirmed news before trade week.

The Judd deals will hold up a lot of other deals otherwise..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Frawley as a straight swap for No 9 would seem to be tilted in the dees favour.

While Frawley was 12 in the "super draft" and is a year older...many believe that at 12 that the Dees took him early.

Still we do need another FB option.

But if the rumour is true...perhaps the offer is there in part as the Dees may think that the Frawley name will make him more attractive to us.

But romance does not uilda good list....hard-nosed selections do.

Personally I would like to see us get more than 9........which mau necessiate another player or two being involved and or other picks.
i am not sold on frawley...he looks a dud to me...and a very slow one at that.......now jack riewoldt for pick 9...i would be sold on that.....the tiges could on trade it to melbourne for frawley...they need a full back more than we do....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Frawley as a straight swap for No 9 would seem to be tilted in the dees favour.

While Frawley was 12 in the "super draft" and is a year older...many believe that at 12 that the Dees took him early.

But if the rumour is true...perhaps the offer is there in part as the Dees may think that the Frawley name will make him more attractive to us.

Personally I would like to see us get more than 9........which mau necessiate another player or two being involved and or other picks.
i am not sold on frawley...he looks a dud to me...and a very slow one at that.......now jack riewoldt for pick 9...i would be sold on that.....the tiges could on trade it to melbourne for frawley...they need a full back more than we do....
im sure the tigers would love another frawley at their club

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

If Frawley is slow Jack Riewoldt is standing still. He is slow and doesnt work hard enough. Frawley better but it is still a bad deal. Pick 9 for a HBF is not in our favour even if we do get another pick in the 20's. So we may end up with 2-3 picks in 20's and get players of Howards ability. No lets try and keep pick 9 unless we get a true KPP.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

For pick #9, I would want Frawley and a top 20 pick at least.

I would actually prefer Ricky Petterd (mentioned by Hutchy this morning as a possibility). He is a hard-running midfielder and would be a better fit for us than Frawley.

Despite Frawley being a first round selection, Melbourne don't have a great record with their drafting/trading and I would be wary.

St Kilda LOSE: pick #9
St Kilda GAIN: Ricky Petterd + pick #21

^^ That would be a good trade for us.

(BTW, someone said that GT said this wouldn't be done. WTF would he know? Lyon can do what he likes)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I'd rather keep pick nine. There should be a better player than Frawley or Petterd available at pick 9.

Matt Kreuzer
Trent Cotchin
Chris Masten
Rhys Palmer
Cale Morton
Brad Ebert
Cyril Rioli
Ben McEvoy
Alex Rance

That's nine guys. At least one of them will be available at pick nine, and I'd rather have any one of them than Frawley or Petterd.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I'd rather keep pick nine. There should be a better player than Frawley or Petterd available at pick 9.

Matt Kreuzer
Trent Cotchin
Chris Masten
Rhys Palmer
Cale Morton
Brad Ebert
Cyril Rioli
Ben McEvoy
Alex Rance

That's nine guys. At least one of them will be available at pick nine, and I'd rather have any one of them than Frawley or Petterd.

this is exatcly what the club needs to be doing...making a calculated guess on what who will be available by pick 9 and then comparing them with whoever we plan to trade the pick for

fwiw it would be interesting to see a top 25 players, in no particular order - and then judging, would pick 9 be better than frawley/pettered/etc and on of these players around the 20 mark?

i think it could be better gaining frawley, or id prefer petterd and another one of those kids

ashjam
Club Player

I would only trade pick 9 for both Petterd and Frawley.
One of them is way too favourable for Melbourne.
Must play hard ball in regards to trades.
One was pick 12 one was pick 30 in last years draft.
Two of them equates to pick 9.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:I would only trade pick 9 for both Petterd and Frawley.
Well that isnt going to happen.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:i think it could be better gaining frawley, or id prefer petterd and another one of those kids
I'd rather have Rance or Collier than Frawley. Much more versatile players with better skills. Frawley will be a FB and should be a good one. Rance can play CHB and FB and run out of defence. Collier can play in the midfield. For me, it's an easy decision. Keep the pick.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ashjam wrote:I would only trade pick 9 for both Petterd and Frawley.
thats boardering hilarious...

pettard is going to be a gun...frawley more than serviceable at the very least

it seems like chris judd is going to have noone to play with down at the dees...

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Matt Kreuzer
Trent Cotchin
Chris Masten
Rhys Palmer
Cale Morton
Brad Ebert
Cyril Rioli
Ben McEvoy
Alex Rance

Add to this list the following players who could also go in the first 9.
Lachie Henderson, 196cm key fwd.
Steve Gaetner, 196cm key fwd/ back.
Thomas Bellchambers, 204 cm ruck.
Scott Sellwood 184cm on-ball defender.
Tom Collier, 192cm CHB Ruck Rover.
It is going to be an interesting draft.