Press conferences: RB and SFF in the next hour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Press conferences: RB and SFF in the next hour

I was just listening to SEN and they said that both RB nd the SFF will be giving a press conference within minutes of each other, in the next hour. I'm listening over the internet in the US - it's 12.30am, so I may fall asleep before it occurs - but I thought I should give someone a "heads up" so they can take notes and report back here.
Cheers
Mark

(edited a section of the statement where I typed the same words twice).
Last edited by markinUSA on Tue 25 Sep 2007 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Cheers.

Will endeavour to listen.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
freeseptember
Club Player

SFF Press Conference at 3:15pm today with Nathan Burke.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

anything?

The Peanut
Club Player

n1ck wrote:anything?
Nothing from SEN yet

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

How about now?

I really want to know!

The Peanut
Club Player

riccardo wrote:How about now?

I really want to know!
Either its not going to be live or running late

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I will try my best to type out whatever is said, as it is said. If I miss something, then it's because my typing isn't fast enough.
Rod Butteress "We would welcome AT and NB onto the Board. They would be elected unopposed. Making the same contribution as they have on the field".

Nathan Burke said he heard of this offer on SEN. But RB had apparently spoken to Andrew Thompson.

Respionse: Nathan Burke : "No, certainly won't. The whole way along, my premise for doing this was to have a united board. A hodge-podge arrangement won't work. And .. our priorities are different enough to make it unworkable. I started this journey with a team in mind, I'm a team player, and I will stick with that team..."

Nathan continued "They're very confused. Our original date for the EGM was Nov. 23; Rod asked to bring it forward. It was discussed at the most recent board meeting October 23 and the members are rightly concerned".

Nathan Burke: "In my mind there's two options, one they stand aside, and avoid the costs of theprocess. And two, they let the process continue, and however the members decide, so be it."

Rod Butters then was quoted as saying - "At the AGM on the 24th of Nov. there will be a spill of the entire board, and members will decide who they want to see elected".

Good afternoon and thanks for coming down to Linen House oval... The board of the StKFC late yesterday decided to call a general meeting on the 26th November this year, at which all board positions will be spilt. It was further recommended at the Board meeting yesterday that Andrew Thompson and Nathan Burke should be appointed to the Board, and they should be elected unopposed.

SEN commentator said "So they are not trying to poach them, but they are still opposing others and playing politics".

Then there was discussion if there was to be an AGM (Annual General Meeting) or an EGM (Emergency General Meeting) and there have been different dates given for this - the 24th or the 26th of November. The SEN people said "I don't think anyone knows what's going on down there".

(edit - originally typed December in the last paragraph, that was a typo; should have been November).
Last edited by markinUSA on Tue 25 Sep 2007 5:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The point was made by Matt Thompson under questioning from Mark Doran, that as St Kilda was a Company, under corporations Law they had to give 'notice' for a 'meeting' and that was why RB was calling the meeting for November 26.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:The point was made by Matt Thompson under questioning from Mark Doran, that as St Kilda was a Company, under corporations Law they had to give 'notice' for a 'meeting' and that was why RB was calling the meeting for November 26.
If, by law, it has to be 26 or 24 November, then so be it.

But as RB keeps changing his spin on things, I'm never confident of it being the case.

SFF are still sticking to 23 October.

Whatever the real date will be, RB has agreed all board positions will be split, so surely if the proxys get to a certain number (perhaps 15K ?), he'll be forced to surrender before the actual meeting date???

Do we need to go to court to decide the meeting date now? :roll: :roll: :roll:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:The point was made by Matt Thompson under questioning from Mark Doran, that as St Kilda was a Company, under corporations Law they had to give 'notice' for a 'meeting' and that was why RB was calling the meeting for November 26.
If, by law, it has to be 26 or 24 November, then so be it.

But as RB keeps changing his spin on things, I'm never confident of it being the case.

SFF are still sticking to 23 October.

Do we need to go to court to decide the meeting date now? :roll: :roll: :roll:
That would appear to be up to SFF now.

The incumbents seem to have filed the necessary documaentation and called a meeting for November. If SFF want to bring that meeting earlier I'm not sure what are the legal requirements for that to be done?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

They can call an emergency meeting if a change of leadership is requested as indicated by a vote of shareholders (members).

Has been done before by other AFL clubs many times.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

EGM originally Nov 12th
all agreed get it done quick
brought forward to Oct 23rd

Current board provides notice of new EGM- Nov 26th BUT is it the AGM
BUT from the waffle today I am thinking the AGM normally held Feb/ March is now being bought forward to Nov? and not the extra cost?
thus allowing the spill of the whole board?

does this sound right to those with incorporation information?

Perhaps in future there should be a more definite time line for board positions- published and readily accessible to members, I for one didn't know a new board memebr had been added earlier this year.

But with a definitive time line for the number of times they can be re- elected- ie similar to American presidents who can only - go again for so many years. not Hostile changes But ensureing change and new ideas are investigated.

many of us don't take any notice when all seems well, and for certain there wont be thousands at the EGM< BUT I would imagine this will mean there may be atleast 1,000.
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 25 Sep 2007 5:36pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mischa
Club Player

riccardo wrote:
They can call an emergency meeting if a change of leadership is requested as indicated by a vote of shareholders (members).

In fairness, Demetriou was never involved until now :roll: :roll: :roll:

mischa
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Rod Butteress "We would welcome AT and NB onto the Board. They would be elected unopposed. Making the same contribution as they have on the field".
All I know is that if Butterss gets back in you might as well put Fatpryck and Scumbag Walls on the board-with Demetriou still pulling the strings!
It would be a great combination. Just hope that ppl who have already sent their proxies in aren't in anyway disenfranchised :evil:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
riccardo wrote:

I totally agree, Butthead grasping at straws trying to stay in power, its pathetic.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
riccardo wrote:

How is Demetriou involved now?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: How is Demetriou involved now?
get with it joff
Demetriou is satan and RB is his evil hench men and its all part of Dimwits evil plan to make the saints pay !!! cause the AFL hate us :roll: :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
santazzi
Club Player

I really want this Board issue settled way before Draft and Trade period. Last year we had change of coaching hanging over us at that crucial period. This year it is ? change of the Board. For the sake of the club, the players and its supporters get it out of the way asap...........PLEASE................