HS Tues - "Saints board moves to delay meeting"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

HS Tues - "Saints board moves to delay meeting"

Damian Barrett

"THE St Kilda board last night sought to delay an election that will pit it against a rival ticket.

Rod Butterss' board wants to hold an extraordinary general meeting on November 26, about five weeks later than the October 23 date the challengers had nominated.

The Footy First ticket has been seeking the removal of five of the seven directors on the board and has received more than 7500 proxy votes supporting its push.

Greg Westaway, head of Footy First, said the board's desire to delay a vote would only compound uncertainty at the club."Leaving St Kilda Football Club with a board that is not united is like leaving a ticking time bomb in the boardroom of Moorabbin," he said."

So now we wait for 2 months it seems.....

mischa
Club Player

Re: Herald sun Tues "Saints board moves to delay meetin

Disgusting. Trying to delay the inevitable. On SFF's webiste
Greg Westaway, head of Footy First, said "Leaving St Kilda Football Club with a board that is not united is like leaving a ticking time bomb in the boardroom of Moorabbin,"
Amen. But it's clearly obvious they couldn't care less what the members think. Throw in Demetriou (influence), Baker, SirenGate, intoxicated at club functions and we have a board completely unfit to do so. So many reasons, so much time :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bulls***.

can westaway takeover the club by force?

RB has totally lost the plot and needs to be forced out of Moorabbin ASAP.

Hopefully RB's life will be made hell and he'll have no choice....

claystreet
Club Player

RB what a tosser
this does nothing for the club only RB's HUUUUUUUUGE ego

I have a few mates who are boaderline voters
but i bet this swings them SFF's way.

C'mon roddy take your toys and go home, just leave the club intact

:twisted:

jill
Club Player

:evil: :twisted: :x :cry: R B has definitely lost the plot! This is NOT in the club's best interest - we need a result BEFORE any trading/recruiting is done for 2008! The current board obviously DON'T have the best interests of the Club or it's supporters at heart and could do some damage with poor selections in the meantime.
Thanks for getting us into the black financially Rod, but you've had your time!

spert
Saintsational Legend

RB and board are running the club, got the club in good financial shape and ready for a big 2008. Westaway and his ego-driven crowd are challengers who are destabilising this club -let 'em wait and don't be sucked in by yet another potential board offering gold at the end of the rainbow.

bungiton
SS Life Member

spert wrote:RB and board are running the club, got the club in good financial shape and ready for a big 2008. .
Just how exactly are thet going to do that, no sponsors, no unity, no idea it seems.

Westaway and his ego-driven crowd are challengers who are destabilising this club -let 'em wait and don't be sucked in by yet another potential board offering gold at the end of the rainbow.
Yup nothing like a mob of miscreants trying to give the members a say, why is the current board too scared to face the members?

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing that this means I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for RB to answer the questions I sent to him !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that this means I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for RB to answer the questions I sent to him !!
Eastern, I reckon you'll have as much success with RB answering your questions as I have had so far with AF answering my email. :)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'm guessing that this means I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for RB to answer the questions I sent to him !!
perhaps go to Moorabbin and confront him in person.

Make it difficult for him to ignore you.

Time RB has to face the REAL faces of the club and not hide behind smokescreens.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Only caught a bit of it....

Westaways interview on SEN this morning....

not much said but heard him say something along the lines

"The gospel according to Greg"

in what context was it said

(those who may have heard the full interview)

saint4life
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

...so the saga drags on :shock:

No matter what the outcome, can we assume it will be Xmas before we hear anything about Membership renewals, reserved seating, etc etc etc??

Dragging this whole sorry mess on hurts the Club with either result.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

How many proxies does SFF need to oust Butthead without the need for a meeting?

Step down now, Rod, you are embarrasing the StKFC. :evil:

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

[quote="chook23"]Only caught a bit of it....

Westaways interview on SEN this morning....

not much said but heard him say something along the lines

"The gospel according to Greg"

in what context was it said

quote]

They asked him about going to Perth today to meet members and what he would do there... he said something like meet the members, there are 1200 , and I guess tlak about the gospel according to Greg(it was light hearted...Billy kept saying with 7500 proxies, youve got the numbers, youre in...Greg not happy about the delay...said the 23 October meeting will be going ahead!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Who are Westaway's sponsors who are all lined up ready to come on board??.. he won't name them because it's all just talk to suck in the gullible hoards who need to blame someone after we just missed the finals - if you believe him you will probably buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge of a bloke at the pub. All that's really sure is that there is the existing board and president which has a couple of uncommitted directors who want to jump ship (and who will probably want to jump ship off whatever board they go to next), and a group of egos who don't like Butters ego and wam't to change the world at St.Kilda. I don't want to see these wankers destabilise the club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

A bit late to avoid disunity, turmoil, and the typical St.Kilda eat their own split isn't it? :roll:

Already cost us any chance of getting Judd (although we had next to none anyway).

having said that, really the writing is on the wall for the current board. Delaying it only prolongs the inevitable.

Lets just hope that all the good work done by this board in getting the Saints into a viable financial position for the first time in its 130 year history isn't pissed up against the wall.

That is my biggest fear and the new board has done nothing to ally that.

the thing I also worry about is that these delays wont allow the FFS to begin its program (whatever that is) and may actually hinder in the setting up of the speculated new revenue streams (whatever they are) and getting the right people into the club as employees.

23rd Oct should be the latest date and Westaway (is that the correct spelling, dont want to upset the pro FFS mods do I? :roll: ) indicated that is when it will be held.

Good. Rod, too late to bow out gracefully, but let it go, its over. You and GT had your go, time to let another have a crack.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bungiton
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Who are Westaway's sponsors who are all lined up ready to come on board??.. he won't name them because it's all just talk to suck in the gullible hoards who need to blame someone after we just missed the finals - if you believe him you will probably buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge of a bloke at the pub. All that's really sure is that there is the existing board and president which has a couple of uncommitted directors who want to jump ship (and who will probably want to jump ship off whatever board they go to next), and a group of egos who don't like Butters ego and wam't to change the world at St.Kilda. I don't want to see these wankers destabilise the club.
No you simply prefer to watch the wankers in residence destabilise the club.
Stability is their current forte after all, a strong united presence on field and off. Yup no sponsors, being sued by an ex coach and an ex sponsor, a council that simply doesn't want to deal with them, a president that runs to the press to open his mouth and stick both feet in, an exodus of experienced office staff, a board that prepares a legal challenge to the tribunal without bothering to consult a lawyer on the board. If this club were a ship it's so stable, I'd be lining up near a life boat.

It is the right of every member that thinks they can do a better job than the current board to mount a challenge, the fact that the new ticket is getting an overwhelming amount of support through the receipt of members proxies shows a lot of the membership agree a change is needed.

Butterss' challengers are being tarnished as a mob who have no concrete plans for the betterment of the club, WHAT is the difference between them and the current board. After all Butterss mob should only need to outline just how they intend to take the club forward to allay these members concerns surely?

The fact that instead of issuing a detailed precise plan to stave off the challenge, they instigated legal proceedings to delay a valid, lawful challenge, shows there's really not a lot of substance to the incumbants either.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.