Why do we undersell our own ??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Langi
Club Player

Why do we undersell our own ??

Just watching Jason Cripps in the coaches box for Port Adelaide, he obviously is doing a very good job at Port.

Why was he sacked from us, I often wonder also why we often think that changing things is always better than sticking with what you have and thereby continue to learn and persevere and self analyse yourself and your structures.

It is quite obvious that Port have a sound foundation and go about things in a most professional way and also quite clearly value their people very highly and continually get results that other clubs fail to achieve.

I bet we would value crippa better now after a successful season at Port than when we had him the first time around.

So the question is why do we not have structures in place that produces results like port adelaide, look at recent coaches like clarkson, hardwick, bailey, and now crippa all have been made successes due to their beliefs and systems and show strength during times of stress and pressure, to me that is the fundamental difference between the saints and other more stable clubs the fact that they are able to hold their nerve and make minor changes to their structures where we panic and have massive implosions that have far reaching effects.

I also believe as a long standing saints supporter that we also do not have confidence in appointing our own people (GT aside ) and sticking by them because of our percieved lack of success.

I'd be interested to see what other long term sainters think about how we as a club handle pressure situations and continue to bow to the pressures put on us by the press.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

you say Crippa is doing well at Port, perhaps he has ability?

Perhaps he was a threat to GT?

GT was such a meglomaniac dictator as a coach, it appears he may have got rid of people with talent to keep his hide clean.

It's much easier to just ditch coaches willy-nilly before they get a handle on what's going on and try and put an end to the charades......or you can be just a puppet like Rendell....

(that should get barks4eva going again!)

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Lyon wanted his own team. Simple as that. Most new coaches do.

saintDal
Club Player

On the Sunday Footy show Lade mentioned Cripps as doing a good job at the club.

He wasn't asked about Cripps, but brought it up himself so he must be having a good influence down there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:you say Crippa is doing well at Port, perhaps he has ability?

Perhaps he was a threat to GT?

GT was such a meglomaniac dictator as a coach, it appears he may have got rid of people with talent to keep his hide clean.

It's much easier to just ditch coaches willy-nilly before they get a handle on what's going on and try and put an end to the charades......or you can be just a puppet like Rendell....

(that should get barks4eva going again!)

Have a go at GT all you like but make sure you have some idea of the facts. GT didnt dack Crippa. He was replaces when RL took over but dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.