Anyone hear Billy's slip of the tounge?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Anyone hear Billy's slip of the tounge?

Just before they went off air at the end of the morning glory show billy said "so whats going on with Josh Fraser and the Pies anyone heard anything."

That was it they cut to the end of the show and Billy muttered OPPS or something like that and it was all over.

They may be thinking of letting him go to release some funds for the Judd push.

He could be handy in our side along side Gardy if he comes up next year.

How old is Josh Fraser another no.1 pick to add to the list i think the saints should look into it where theres smoke???

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: Anyone hear Billy's slip of the tounge?

Saint Mik wrote:How old is Josh Fraser
Judging by the hairstyle, he's about 53.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Buldging disc in his back.

Dont touch.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone hear Billy's slip of the tounge?

Saint Mik wrote:Just before they went off air at the end of the morning glory show billy said "so whats going on with Josh Fraser and the Pies anyone heard anything."

That was it they cut to the end of the show and Billy muttered OPPS or something like that and it was all over.

They may be thinking of letting him go to release some funds for the Judd push.

He could be handy in our side along side Gardy if he comes up next year.

How old is Josh Fraser another no.1 pick to add to the list i think the saints should look into it where theres smoke???
26 or 27 I think is josh fraser, his style is very similar to kosi or hackland.

not a bash and crash at all and although he had 20 odd possessions against clarke keatings 7, it was clear who had the biggest influence on the game that day.

very good player, might release kosi to FF...

is quite robust and I think 07 has been one of his worst years for injury? played I think 170 odd games and still has 5 to 6 years ahead of him.

was a no.1 draft pick in late 2000 I think?

IMO here is a player worth our no.9 draft pick, and a player, if collingwood would release him...

also relatively clean, nothing in the press about drinking, driving, abuse, fighting, gangsters, drugs etc.

generally against trading picks and definately against some of the rubbish or average players peeps have thrown up (hudson, jolly) but josh fraser.... yep in my opinion.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Buldging disc in his back.

Dont touch.
ah I didn't know this, or I missed this.

we certainly dont want to make more donations to the st kilda wing at the epworth :cry:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

3AW stated this morning Fraser was upset after learning he was offered to Richmond (for a draft pick) and or WC and had asked his Manager to talk to Carlton about possibly joining them via the PSD.

Shows the effect chasing someone like Judd can have on team unity.

They may lose Fraser with zero return and not get Judd :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Anyone hear billys slip of the tongue?

I'd like to see us get Darren Jolly if we are going "recycled" rather than from the draft

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mmm depending on medical advise, if we can snare Fraser I'd be happy.

again DEPENDING on medical advise...

if he's going to walk, i think collingwood might accept even a round 2 draft pick...

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Would not give up pick 9 for him though or anyone for that matter i think we need to use pick 9 to keep the young ones coming through but yes i think Fraser would tick all the right boxes for us.

It is going to be very interesting this year with some deals that are bound to happen becuase of Juddy and the West Coast.

The Pies are going to give a very decent amount to the Coasters if they want Juddy a deal that they cant refuse :lol:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Would not give up pick 9 for him though or anyone for that matter i think we need to use pick 9 to keep the young ones coming through but yes i think Fraser would tick all the right boxes for us.

It is going to be very interesting this year with some deals that are bound to happen becuase of Juddy and the West Coast.

The Pies are going to give a very decent amount to the Coasters if they want Juddy a deal that they cant refuse :lol:
if fit, josh fraser ticks all the boxes that people claim about hudson and jolly etc.

i think hille and clarke keating are about the only two ruckmen we consistently give it to him, the rest he can beat.

he is like a slightly taller version of Kosi, at 26 he is in the age group to play 100 plus games for st kilda and has nearly 170 under his belt since 2000, which suggests he is pretty robust in general.

depending on what Joffaboy has said regarding a bulging disc, he certainly is probably just behind Judd as teh best player up for grab.

a quick scan of the stats shows that he is so far ahead of hudson and jolly its not funny...

statistically behind spider and cox, but in the elite bracket for performance for ruckmen...

Player Totals
Player MT K H D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Ben Hudson 55 221 380 601 10.9 165 3 794 14.4 74 1.3 43 55 6 0.1 7 43 2929 53.3
Darren Jolly 120 552 326 878 7.3 301 2.5 1923 16 181 1.5 114 149 39 0.3 18 252 5777 48.1
Josh Fraser 156 1394 762 2156 13.8 749 4.8 1681 10.8 328 2.1 245 148 131 0.8 108 894 11641 74.6
Totals 331 2167 1468 3635 11 1215 3.7 4398 13.3 583 1.8 402 352 176 0.5 133 1189 20347 61.5

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Why would you want Fraser????

In many ways he is similar to Kosi

*plays his best football forward (though Kosi is a better mark)
*both are mobile big men
*both are ok in the ruck rather than good in the ruck
*both are injury prone :cry:

Surely Kosi covers our need for this "type" of player?????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:3AW stated this morning Fraser was upset after learning he was offered to Richmond (for a draft pick) and or WC and had asked his Manager to talk to Carlton about possibly joining them via the PSD.

thats very funny you mention that cause i would imagine a fair few players would be feeling a tad peeved off that they are suddenly expendible because his royal highness sir Chris of the Judd has become available
in a way i think him being signed could cause a fair bit of animosity betwwen him and his new team mates (not that they will ever publicly say it but i think in private the will be some bruised egos)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i would refute that Fraser is fragile, your not confusing him with jeff whte are you?

07 has been about his worst year for injury and j.boys post could explain that but till then 156 senior games out of a possible 180 odd from 2000 draft selection to 2007 including games i

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Kossi at FF ALL year would be a good start he could kick plenty of goals if RL commited to him playing the FF roll and not throwing him all around the ground to fill holes because we dont have the required players for the job.

I think Kossi is most damaging in our forward line so why not play him there and get someone like Fraser to take the ruck with Gardy next year and get some team balance.

Our Key positions need to be filled and we dont have the players to fill ALL the key positions so i think why chase a FF when we have the player to fill this spot, chase players that we dont have and a ruck being one of them.

Fraser would be good for us would really help team balance and his skills would be a great improvement for our club IMO.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Second most overrated player in the comp.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:Second most overrated player in the comp.
behind who rodg?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Second most overrated player in the comp.
behind who rodg?
Fevola.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:3AW stated this morning Fraser was upset after learning he was offered to Richmond (for a draft pick) and or WC and had asked his Manager to talk to Carlton about possibly joining them via the PSD.

yeah well...what do you expect.......if i was offered to another club..it would be the last time i would put body and limbs on the line for that bunch of arseholes....who would blame josh if that is the case....something a lot of pple on here don;t understand......clubs get to the very top on TEAM work...the players are really close knit.....trading them off..or even offering them up, can destroy the very fabric of the team.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

thats very funny you mention that cause i would imagine a fair few players would be feeling a tad peeved off that they are suddenly expendible because his royal highness sir Chris of the Judd has become available
in a way i think him being signed could cause a fair bit of animosity betwwen him and his new team mates (not that they will ever publicly say it but i think in private the will be some bruised egos)
wouldn't be the first time that a player had been signed at the expense of other players...then found that the players wouldn't kick the ball to him....diamond jim tilbrook comes to mind...

....oh...and have you seen the play..."the club"....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

anyone remember a certain glamour FF that went to Brisbane from sidineee

also freo has been the death of forwards, modra, croad, peter mann amongst others that went over with big wages and limited return...

that said Im not overrating Fraser, he is a 202 cm ruckman that I concur plays like kosi and till 07 wasn't fragile.

IMO if he gets the clear from the medicos, is >>>>>>>>> hudson and jolly.

not in the same league as cox and a spider but way way ahead of jolly and hudson who are grossly overrated by folks here.

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

wouldn't be the first time that a player had been signed at the expense of other players...then found that the players wouldn't kick the ball to him....diamond jim tilbrook comes to mind...

no i havent i saw bits of the movie with graham kenedy
thats my point i think a few clubs have gotten all starstruck over judd and from what i hear mr Judd isnt the most likeable person around the club as he tends to keep to himself and is fairly opinionated on alot of issues

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

no i havent i saw bits of the movie with graham kenedy
thats my point i think a few clubs have gotten all starstruck over judd and from what i hear mr Judd isnt the most likeable person around the club as he tends to keep to himself and is fairly opinionated on alot of issues
Yeah "Geoff" the prize recruit from Tassie gets the cold shoulder from everyone at the club and is nicnamed "moneybags".

Leigh Matthews said on the weekend it was a bit unseemly how Judd was whoring himself around (my words not his BTW). Seems like he thinks he is bigger than the clubs involved.

If the rumour about Frasier is true, it could really do damage to morale of the club especially the player than have to be traded.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

It has often been discussed the issues at st kilda in 93 to 95ish revolved around the 'get williams' strat at the end of 91...

and then followed by the get mitchell strat at the end of 92...

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

no point for Fraser, no good in the ruck, very good around the ground.

Carpe Diem
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:no point for Fraser, no good in the ruck, very good around the ground.
not sure about that, I've been reading up on his ruck stats and they are quite good.

IMO a lot of people are judging him on his getting smashed by clarke keating, he was 21 at the time...

his ruck stats compare very well with other ruckmen including 'to advantage :wink: '

SHUT UP KRIME!