Open Letter to Board of StK FC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintwill66
Club Player

Open Letter to Board of StK FC

I will be sending the following letter to the President of St KIlda FC tomorrow, by email to: reception@saints.com.au. If you agree, it would carry considerable weight if as many members as possible do likewise.

Dear Mr Butterss

As a passionate member of St Kilda FC I view with dismay the implied suggestion in the latest statement from the Board that the challenge by "St Kilda Footy First" is not likely to be tested until November, despite the fact that the challengers have reportedly received more than 7500 proxy votes supporting their challenge to replace the existing Board.

You must surely appreciate that this level of support, in such a short space of time, is unprecedented in the history of our club, and possibly the AFL, and clearly indicates the depth of desire for change from the membership.

I acknowledge that your Board has made many changes for the better in the years of your stewardship, however you have run your race and I firmly believe it is now time for a new Board to be installed to implement new policies and strategies that will secure the future success of the Saints.

In the interests of a smooth transition and restoring stability as quickly as possible, I respectfully request that you either stand aside voluntarily, or at the very least facilitate the EGM requested for 23/10/07.

Go Saints!

hammers

i disagree with this

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
hammers

FFS tatics have been very unfair... and we have not heard RBs view yet.. we should hear both sides first... They have made accusations which have not been backed up which we all know about.. the director is control of sponsorships more then the board.. the current board has tried to fix the facilities because of injuries ect.. unseccesfully but they have tried it is a hard task with limited money. We should have heard two sides instead of a proxy shoved in our face and a whole lot of propanda given from a side who has not told us how they are going to solve these problems.. i agree i would prefer an alternative by maybe not this one. what is your opinion on that? We all want whats best for STKFC

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough hammers.

But ...

The Butterss board have had 3 weeks now to come out with something for the members.

3 weeks ...

Not a letter, not a proxy form, not a case mounted in their defence, not an attempt to put forward their position.

Nothing.

All we have is a couple of vague articles on the club's website about the legalities of the challenge.

There has been no contact with members and no attempt to get supporters on side.

Frankly, that highlights one of the major concerns with the current board for mine ... communication.

It has been non-existent.

On the facilities issue - the board promised in 2004 that the club would have a new training and adminstration facility by the end of 2008.

Four years, and no action.

I understand you need to pay off debt, but if you put the time and effort into raising revenue, then you can pay off the debt faster and spend money concurrently on the football side of things.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
hammers

yes what i am saying is a different alternative rather then RB or FFS.. what is your opinon on these accusation and these unfair tatics??

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately, the nature of footy boards being as they are, I don't think you are going to find a "different" alternative than SFF.

No ticket will be perfect, but I think as far as they go, SFF will be about as good as you could realistically hope for.

The accusations (presume re: drug use) were a stupid mistake and coloured the debate for a while. However, I am not too critical of SFF because I have information that tells me that there was allegedly something behind them.

Unfair tactics? I would call it good politics.

If you're going to be on footy club boards, you have to be good at politics.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:FFS tatics have been very unfair... and we have not heard RBs view yet.. we should hear both sides first... They have made accusations which have not been backed up which we all know about.. the director is control of sponsorships more then the board.. the current board has tried to fix the facilities because of injuries ect.. unseccesfully but they have tried it is a hard task with limited money. We should have heard two sides instead of a proxy shoved in our face and a whole lot of propanda given from a side who has not told us how they are going to solve these problems.. i agree i would prefer an alternative by maybe not this one. what is your opinion on that? We all want whats best for STKFC

which member of the current board are you....

...my message to the current board....hit the road jack...and don't you come back no more,....no more.....

...that means you and your maters hammers....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

No evidence of that stinger.

Give the person a chance ...

Perfectly reasonable to want to support the current administration.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:yes what i am saying is a different alternative rather then RB or FFS.. what is your opinon on these accusation and these unfair tatics??
what flowering unfair tactics ffs......i haven't seen any...despite the mealy mouthed efforts of the current board members ...

......mummy...mummy...greg and natham won't play fair....sob...sob....

spare me .... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:No evidence of that stinger.

give me a break...he signs on here 5 days ago....for what purpose....????

....the current board is gone...8,000 votes to nil at the momernt...a snow flack would have a better chance in hell of surviving after such a land slide.....ffs....

you want to bet that he isn't connected with the cuurrent board....

hammers

stinger why do u support FFS what is reason besodes ur rude comments do u have substance of why you hold ur opinon this was a mature thread.. tell me what you think?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Only one side of the debate gets a chance - the pro- Westaway side.

You will be harrassed and harrangued, nad bullied and belittled if you even dare to critisise the new messiahs :roll:

Of course there is no evidence of this person being a board member, but is treated with distain because he doesn't conform to the party line.

Now watch me get abused :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
hammers

FFS made accusations stinger..one of their claims are that its not a personal accusations i think that it should be an adult debate.. not being hippicrits is that what u want at the helm stinger?
I actually joined because i am a pasionate sainters support.. u happended to disagree with my opionon doesnt make me a board member.. im glad i got some suppot

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:stinger why do u support FFS what is reason besodes ur rude comments do u have substance of why you hold ur opinon this was a mature thread.. tell me what you think?
well a lot of it would get me sued and this site.....the truth is a bit difficult to prove sometimes....

...but how about for starters ..a pressie lends his mate a cool million ...with a promise that he will give him the coach's job and two half million bonuses for the delivery of two premiership cups......bingo...free million dollar house to the coach...at our expense....

..the coach doesn't deliver due to a terrible run of injuries and therefore does not have the means to repay the pressie......now, our dear leader can't actually sue his coach ...wouldn't look to good to all our sponsors.....so the coach gets the sack...despite being our second most successful coach.....

...i could print pages on a like basis...but most of us have heard it all before....hence there is a group willing to challenge this current mob...they have a zillion proxy votes ...they have my support.

..instead of putting up a hopeless fight,
i would think it far better for our pressie to take himself, his designer stubble and bad haircut as far away from moorabbin as possible...we could then bring in the fumigators ..get rid of the foul stench that permeates the place...and with a bit of luck get back to winning a few afl footy matches...our boys deserve that chance...don't you think.....

you reckon i have been rude to you...mate.....i havn't even tried.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 23 Sep 2007 11:30pm, edited 2 times in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Only one side of the debate gets a chance - the pro- Westaway side.

You will be harrassed and harrangued, nad bullied and belittled if you even dare to critisise the new messiahs :roll:

Of course there is no evidence of this person being a board member, but is treated with distain because he doesn't conform to the party line.

Now watch me get abused :roll:
i have not abused you joffaboy on this issue...or any one backing the current board......you have been the one throwing the mud...ffs.....

...i have posted a couple of posts saying that pple should be able to support either side without having their intelligence, sanity or manhood questioned.....

...but i am not that naive...even though that suggestion as been made about all pro sff supporters.....to believe that members of sff or the current board haven't registered here recently to push their own particular barrow...in fact i am certain that they have....

hammers

yes fair enough i was just saying my opinon and i agree RB should move on, im just a not a fan of FFS...
you have no reason to be rude to me really? and no worries u didnt offend me

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:FFS made accusations stinger..one of their claims are that its not a personal accusations i think that it should be an adult debate.. not being hippicrits is that what u want at the helm stinger?
I actually joined because i am a pasionate sainters support.. u happended to disagree with my opionon doesnt make me a board member.. im glad i got some suppot

greg westerways claims may well have substance...who knows....who is game to push that particular issue......only a fool without concrete proof.....you would get sued...doesn't mean that anyones a hypocrite though.....greg westerway will be the next president of the st kilda football club...i hope that everyone on here gets behind him and the club....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:yes fair enough i was just saying my opinon and i agree RB should move on, im just a not a fan of FFS...
you have no reason to be rude to me really? and no worries u didnt offend me
if you are not a board member and a true supporter ,then i'm sorry ...glad i didn't offend you..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

hammers

true

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

hammers wrote:FFS tatics have been very unfair... and we have not heard RBs view yet.. we should hear both sides first... They have made accusations which have not been backed up which we all know about.. the director is control of sponsorships more then the board.. the current board has tried to fix the facilities because of injuries ect.. unseccesfully but they have tried it is a hard task with limited money. We should have heard two sides instead of a proxy shoved in our face and a whole lot of propanda given from a side who has not told us how they are going to solve these problems.. i agree i would prefer an alternative by maybe not this one. what is your opinion on that? We all want whats best for STKFC
Umm..nothing personal but I would dearly hope that this wasnt from a current Board member. Id hate to see this amount of typo's, spelling errors and lack of paragraphing on any official Saints documents thanks very much

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
hammers

saint66au wrote:
Umm..nothing personal but I would dearly hope that this wasnt from a current Board member. Id hate to see this amount of typo's, spelling errors and lack of paragraphing on any official Saints documents thanks very much

haha dont worry im not a board member... but geez i come here to get away from my english essays :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
you can't judge a book by it's cover...some of the crap put out these days by supposedly educated pple.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

hammers

morale of the story would you prefer it if i used better spelling and grammar?