NDS ..... Take a long look at Gary Ablett Jnr

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

NDS ..... Take a long look at Gary Ablett Jnr

NDS ..... As talented as they come.

If there is anything he can pull from this year is the rise of Gary Ablett Jnr the similarities are all there. A little maligned by supporters for not achieving the greatness he is capable of by putting in the really hard yards. I hope for your sake and the St.Kilda football club you do a little soul searching and hope that you find the spark that could take you to superstar status and play with the ability to turn a game off your own boot.

Over and Out

LSS

Sam23
SS Life Member

Wouldn't it be fantastic if NDS comes out next season and turns into the superstar, goal kicking midfielder that he could be?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

u guys really astound me... do u really think NDS is capable of carrying this midfield by himself every week???

As if Gary Ablett jnr is so great... any coincidence that his improvement has coincided with the improvement of Bartel, Ling + the addition of Selwood?

lets take those 3 away then see how good he really is

Likewise, NDS has struggled dropped performances from Hayes and Ball. You add 2-3 decent midfielders to our team to take the heat off NDS and his performances will be in the same league

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

That's a good point skeptic, what we really need is for the whole team to work harder. They need to support each other.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Linton Street Saint
Club Player

skeptic wrote:u guys really astound me... do u really think NDS is capable of carrying this midfield by himself every week???

As if Gary Ablett jnr is so great... any coincidence that his improvement has coincided with the improvement of Bartel, Ling + the addition of Selwood?

lets take those 3 away then see how good he really is

Likewise, NDS has struggled dropped performances from Hayes and Ball. You add 2-3 decent midfielders to our team to take the heat off NDS and his performances will be in the same league
Definitely a contributing factor, but FWIW I do think NDS isn't as fit as he could be and doesn't run hard enough on occasion. Don't misunderstand my initial post I am not having a go at NDS directly he contributes and in recent years has got tagged hard, I just think he is playing within himself. Though the fact remains that even though there are improved performances of surrounding mid fielders at Geelong Ablett Jnr would be getting the hardest tag each week but unlike NDS had been not only able to deal with them but burn them off and excel.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

only the other hand it's a good example of what happens when the playing group is honest with a player. They came to him at the end of last season and said that they needed more from him.

He has improved his fitness, is now making more contests and the rest is history.

NDS can learn from this. Take it to the next level.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
brewski
Club Player

Whats the deal with Ablett's hair he's going the Greg Domaszewicz look :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned by the censors
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Ablett will never have a year as good as this for the rest of his career, and neither will the rest of the Geelong team

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.