Casey Scorpions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Casey Scorpions

saw an add in the classifieds in the Hearld Sun for the Senior Coaching position

maybe a few around here should have a crack :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I've never rated Banfield, glad he is gone.

I wonder if we can have a Saints appointed coach for the Scorps?

Anyway, in this day and age of clubs getting rid of their associations with VFL clubs to concentrate on their own development structure - if a VFL club wants to keep the association, then the AFL clubs have the power.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Aussie Jones could coach them?

Or perhaps Danny Sexton (current development coach?)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Maybe Aussie Jones could coach them?

I thought that I read on here somewhere that Aussie will be coaching Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup next year !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

I thought that I read on here somewhere that Aussie will be coaching Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup next year !!
out of all the players of the past few years i never thought to our man aussie would ever be interested in coaching

kudos to him

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

perhaps a future board member could them on. Burke as senior coach as a good ring to it.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Barks 4 Eva. He'd be able to have as many ruckmen as he liked.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Pity..Banfield is better than a lot of coaches going around and it's a shame that he had to try and mould a team around a bunch of disinterested Saints players -especially during GTs time.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:

My mate will be lucky enough to play under him

stinger
Saintsational Legend

banfield is not necessary gone......i read that the club's constitution...or it's policy, meant that they had to advertise.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jezza
Club Player

Casey Scorps

Had on Good Authority that Banfield wanted to coach again in 2008 but the Saints have taken control and pushed him out by paying the money for a full time coach.Carmody,Harrisson and Matthews have said they will walk out of the club as they are very dissapointed with what has happened. The players are wrapped with the job (Banfield) that he has done.He has taken the club from a rabble to finalist in 2007.
Saw 1 scorps player yesterday at the footy and they all reckon Sexton is a tosser even though he is a saints coach. Apparentley (SEXTON)he has no personality. Even though Banfield has gone it is a good thing as now the saints will take control as Banfield tried to keep a balace with playing Casey players and Saints players. The saints are wrapped as they will now control who plays etc. Banfield was a thorn in the Saints as he really supported the Casey players which i suppose he had to. Now we will have all of our players in the seniors. Lenny Hayes said Banfield is a great bloke but we all understand the saints position. We now will take full control even though the scorps dont know. It will be like having our own side.

Sam

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Re: Casey Scorps

jezza wrote:Saw 1 scorps player yesterday at the footy and they all reckon Sexton is a tosser even though he is a saints coach. Apparentley (SEXTON)he has no personality.
worst runner the club has had...gets in the way far to often and he has such a slow and awkward running style

wouldnt be that disapointed if he left if its true that he isnt liked all that much

Sxc_Sainter
Club Player

Gabba wrote:
Eastern wrote:

My mate will be lucky enough to play under him
who...? Dyl?

iceman
Club Player

I would be very suprised as a Scorpions member if the club choose not to re-appoint Banfield. The club advertises for the coaching position annually, and in the agreement the Saints and Scorpions have they remain seperately run bodies.

This year has been the best since our alignment began both on and off the field, St. Kilda players really getting involved, and as a result they scorpions enjoyed their most on field success for some time.

Banfield found a good balance between the Saints and Scorps, and played anyone who deserved to play.

I don't think the current board at the Scorps would allow the Saints total control, so I am interested to see what happens in the near future.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It was funny that the good run the Scorps had in the second half of this year directly coincided with the Saints lowest injury list for three seasons.

The sooner the Saints go it alone, the better.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Why is there this hatedred towards Casey all the time.
We can not survive if we were to go solo we need Casey and the sooner the Saints realise this and stop trying to control Casey the better.
I am a supporter of both StKilda and Casey.
This year was the best year i have seen and Banfield did a fantastic job.
lets not forget he was our last coach before we joined with Casey and knows a hell of alot about the saints boys. Of course he would have Harro Makey Carmo and Pinky's best interests first because he is THE CASEY SCORPIONS COACH not the saints coach. This doesn't mean however he doesn't give the saints players a fair go.
the players all love him both at the saints and casey. Casey is really going places with Banfield as coach and this must not change.
Stkilda should embrace this partnership more and encourage our members to get to Casey fields and cheer on the boys each week.
other teams have very large supporter bases why can't we.
If we pull together and form a tight partnership then maybe Casey supporters may join the saints meaning we will get more members. there are a hell of alot of people in Cranbourne Berwick Frankston and those surrounding areas that don't have a proper team to support but if asked they would say St,Kilda because they are the closest team to where we live. these are the people the club should be targeting to get new members.
I hope that the club look at all avenues to increase our revenue and improve our partnership with the casey scorpions.
If the hard work went in we would all benefit from it immensely.
Casey Scorpions is not just some scummy VFL side that we have to be joined too. THEY ARE A POWERHOUSE VFL that we should be honnoured to be a part of.

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:We can not survive if we were to go solo
Have you done the figures on these? What's the basis for this statement?
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:This doesn't mean however he doesn't give the saints players a fair go.
the players all love him both at the saints and casey.
If I was a senior listed St Kilda player and Banfield wasn't giving me a fair go I wouldn't love him
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:Stkilda should embrace this partnership more and encourage our members to get to Casey fields and cheer on the boys each week.
Where's the encouragement for people who live in the North and Western suburbs of Melbourne and other areas "conveniently" not located in that area? Don't they count?
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:there are a hell of alot of people in Cranbourne Berwick Frankston and those surrounding areas that don't have a proper team to support but if asked they would say St,Kilda because they are the closest team to where we live. these are the people the club should be targeting to get new members.
Why only that area? Why don't they target people from other areas? Aren't other people's geographical areas valued or important enough?
Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:Casey Scorpions is not just some scummy VFL side that we have to be joined too. THEY ARE A POWERHOUSE VFL that we should be honnoured to be a part of.
Ummm no they aren't a powerhouse VFL side.

Port Melbourne is.
Williamstown is.
Sandringham is.
Geelong is.

Springvale used to be.......

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps Banfield could be replaced by his brother who has just coached Vermont to 3 premierships in a row !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

banfield is a good coach for the younger players...he is more of a teacher in the style of the dees new coach.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

A step in the right direction for St Kilda.

Maybe now we won't have guys like Armitage sitting on the pine for most of the first half of the season for Casey. Gee, that was really good for his development, wasn't it - not to mention his overall fitness?

Put a St Kilda man in charge and be done with it. These crappy de-facto arrangements don't work for any of the Victorian AFL clubs. With luck , it'll be the Saints reserves playing at casey fields pretty soon. The St Kilda football club can then use that giant growth corridor to its advantage, not only in football terms, but membership also.

casey scorp
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:With luck , it'll be the Saints reserves playing at casey fields pretty soon. The St Kilda football club can then use that giant growth corridor to its advantage, not only in football terms, but membership also.
The Scorps have the VFL use of Casey Fields sewn up. The only way that St Kilda gets an entree card is via the Casey Scorpions.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If we are taking control of the scorpions can we relocate them to Moorabbin??

Or do we have a 5 or 10 year deal with Casey Fields???

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i believe the scorps were financially unviable in the inner burbs.

having a top team out in the boonies is a good thing IMO.

I would prefer if we had more control over the scorpions however.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
casey scorp
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:If we are taking control of the scorpions can we relocate them to Moorabbin??

Or do we have a 5 or 10 year deal with Casey Fields???
There is not a chance in the world that we will be "taking control" of the Scorpions. Where do such notions come from? The Casey Scorpions are a proud club with years of tradition (albeit with a differnet name - remember Sydney hadn't won a GF since 1933!!).

St Kilda has no deal with Casey Fields, but the Casey Scorpions do have. Our ability to have a presence in this major growth area is through our relationship with the Casey Scorpions. Long may it last!