Saints NSW Scholarship boys. Anyone know how the're going?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Saints NSW Scholarship boys. Anyone know how the're going?

In 2006 we took two NSW boys under the scholarship scheme, one a Australian born boy of New Zealand parents, Kahn ?????(Maori name), who when taken stood 196cm at 16 years of age. A Ruck /KPP prospect.
Of the two taken this year one was another tall boy, the other Kane Murphy, son of Sydney champion, David Murphy. Does anyone know how the four boys are going, and whether any will be considered for promotion for next season? They can be taken onto the Senior List or Rookie List with our last draft pick or rookie draft pick.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

my understanding is that they are still to younge to be drafted but once they are old enuff we get first dibs on them

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Junior
Club Player

Khan Haretuka was an emergency for the NSW Rams under 18's. I believe he had been injured so not sure if he missed out due to lack of match fitness or just not good enough. He his eligible to go onto our list this year.

Joshua Duncan played for the NSW Rams under 16's and was named in the best in two out of their three games and was named in the best in his club sides reserve grade grand final side.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

also named in the best for two finals for Pennant Hills under 18s - good effort given his age

from http://www.sydneyafl.com.au/?s=results

Grand Final
10.11-71 NS WILDCATS 9:30 AM
Sat 15/Sep

Henson Park
def.
5.7-37 PENNANT HILLS

NS WILDCATS
Goal Kickers: A. Scott 2, B. Seymour 2, M. Thompson 2, M. Wilson, J. Caspersonn, L. Redman, A. Buncle
Best Players: A. Graham, M. Wilson, J. Gardiner, M. Thompson, B. Seymour, J. Lawson
PENNANT HILLS
Goal Kickers: R. Lothian 2, D. Jacob, J. Polglase, A. Govender
Best Players: J. Duncan, D. Witt, R. Fitzgibbon, R. Lothian, N. Low, J. Niemand

The week before

Preliminary Final
10.9-69 PENNANT HILLS 8:15 AM
Sun 9/Sep

Henson Park
def.
4.3-27 ST GEORGE
PENNANT HILLS
Goal Kickers: R. Lothian 3, M. Stacey, T. Angel, N. Low, J. Duncan, B. Urwin, J. Power, A. Govender
Best Players: D. Witt, J. Niemand, J. Duncan, T. Angel, D. Jacob, M. Carter
ST GEORGE
Goal Kickers: J. Horder, D. Taylor, S. Wicken, N. Charlwood
Best Players: N. Charlwood, B. Maddern, E. Crowney, J. Horder, B. Hosking, R. Young

Saint Mick
Club Player

Don't know how familiar you guys are with the Sydney AFL but to be listed in the best for the U18's isn't much of an achievement - although Pennant Hills are a strong club so it would be tough for him to break into the higher grades at a young age. The other kid, Khan, has been playing twos for UNSW who finished mid table. Both times when they played my club he was missing so I was unable to have a look at him play unfortunately.