The case FOR the current board.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:[ Thomas aint going away till he brings down Butters - its well known and shows you what a vindictive piece of dogs vomit this guy is - hell manipulate by any means AND IF hes in any way associated with SFF we are f@rked....cause in time hell want Westonhouses job......make no mistake.

Ultimately, we'll do what St Kilda does......go for the white knight saviour wholl tell us "everything will be rosy in the morning....."

gawd....some pple live in a fantasy world.....all of their own creation too............... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...ffs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think Butterss should go for the following reasons…

1/ His public spat with GT was embarrassing for the club and himself
2/ His profile, I believe his personal profile is now a negative on the club and could detract from sponsorship and business opportunities
3/ He is like a fighter who can not see his time is up
4/ The incumbent Board is fractured and demoralized
5/ All of the above smacks of a guy who is putting himself above the best interests of the club – he can’t see the trees for the forest!
6/ The GT fiasco will hurt RB until he relinquishes the role

I think Butterss has been harshly dealt and the achievements during his administration (precluding year one) have been exceptional. The fact it has been a successful period does not mean RB must loiter in the position.

SFF in IMO have taken their opportunities to ride StKilda members still reeling from the removal of GT. Personally I believe the GT / RB situation is at the heart of the membership support for SFF.

As in all periods of success there are areas that have been neglected (the Hawks President would probably still be Premier if he had listened to the people and spent his surplus on Education, Health and Emergency services). This in no way should over shadow the achievements in the period including debt reduction and removing StKilda from the endangered species list – not to say a couple of bad years could not send us spiraling.

In summary Rod it is time to step down (too late to do so graciously) and hand the reins to another. I hope you are remembered as a good servant to the StKFC and welcomed at the club in the future. Let’s hope SFF can deliver the goods!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: The case FOR the current board.

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I'm not interested in reasons why they should go, I think there's enough threads & posts on that topic.

Does anyone still support the incumbents and if so the reasons for doing so?
Well, I don't really like Butterss, but if he'd promise to hire a media pro... anyway. IMO, the case for them is:

-7 Years in the job is 7 years more experience than the challengers bring to the table.
-Debt reduction isn't nearly as easy as folks here make it out to be. e.g. I'd like to spend more money on my life, Visa and Amex would like me to spend more money on my life, heck if I asked, Mastercard would probably like me to spend more money on my life. My disposable income is already dented by repayments though, and if I spend more money, those repayments will basically just be paying the interest rather than actually reducing my debt. Reducing debt isn't sexy, it takes discipline. Word is they spent more this year than ever before, and this was the year they finally came out of the red ink.
-Until recent tribulations, they've been happy to operate from behind the scenes predominantly.
-When they see they've gotten it wrong, they act. The Blight firing. Putting into effect a football dept rather than leaving it all in the hands of GT, which regardless of your opinion of GT, represents a long term risk for short term saving.
-Standing up to the council who appear to be playing politics over the poker machines.
-Taking advantage of a position of strength to re-work the TD deal.

I guess the main point I'd hold in their favour is that what I'm really going to be voting on is who I trust to spend St KFC's money now that it exists. A board that's done the hard yards for 7 years appears qualified in my eyes. Thus far SFF hasn't actually demonstrated to me that voting for them is any wiser than getting Amex to issue a card on my account in my girlfriends name and sending her to Evelyn Miles (a very expensive shoe store that someday I aspire to have enough moeny to LET her shop in...).

At this point I sincerely hope to see both a case from the board to retain them, and some info from SFF to earn my trust beyond having Burkie, one of my fav players when he was on the field, but I've really never thought of going to for financial advise. I honestly don't know who I'll vote for if it makes it as far as an actual vote.
the games well and truly over mate......no way in hell can the current board hope to get even half of the votes sff already has...and thank god for that.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Excellent post JoffaBurns.

To the supporters who want Butters run out of town on a rail and never allowed back at the club, have a read anda bloody good look at yourselves.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: The case FOR the current board.

stinger wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:...I guess the main point I'd hold in their favour is that what I'm really going to be voting on is who I trust to spend St KFC's money now that it exists. A board that's done the hard yards for 7 years appears qualified in my eyes. Thus far SFF hasn't actually demonstrated to me that voting for them is any wiser than getting Amex to issue a card on my account in my girlfriends name and sending her to Evelyn Miles (a very expensive shoe store that someday I aspire to have enough moeny to LET her shop in...).

At this point I sincerely hope to see both a case from the board to retain them, and some info from SFF to earn my trust beyond having Burkie, one of my fav players when he was on the field, but I've really never thought of going to for financial advise. I honestly don't know who I'll vote for if it makes it as far as an actual vote.
the games well and truly over mate......no way in hell can the current board hope to get even half of the votes sff already has...and thank god for that.....
No kidding? Don't worry, I may not have any optomism about these SFF guys, but I've got my fingers crossed. Question was posed, thought I'd answer since I've somehow fallen in as one of the few voices willing to consider not going SFF. Consider it a epitaph for my disappointment in this entire process, from the SFF ticket to the Board's lack of response to the minimal presentation necessary to gain a mandate from us. If we get a proactive yet responsible board from this, it will be because we get lucky.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Excellent post JoffaBurns.

To the supporters who want Butters run out of town on a rail and never allowed back at the club, have a read anda bloody good look at yourselves.
He has red hair.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: SFF in IMO have taken their opportunities to ride StKilda members still reeling from the removal of GT. Personally I believe the GT / RB situation is at the heart of the membership support for SFF.
Possibly.

A major reason for that would be that they have never explained why they did it.

To the top
SS Life Member

Throw in the line and see what you reel in!

Guess what, "Stinger" and "JD", both singing from the same hym sheet.

Touched a nerve hasn't it?

And now we have BOTH lauding Thomas, with the latest reference being "Mentored in re-building the culture of the team".

Mentored by who?

IF the support for players was and is as appalling as is presented with insufficient resources being put into player resources and development, that IS the culture of the CLUB - and players would accept offers from the likes of Essendon, Brisbane and the like.

The tag team of Stinger/JD (?) just do not get it.

And the more "they" post, well, draw your own conclusions on what "they" say.

You ask Stinger about some history of St Kilda, and who replies?

And in regards the ascertion that the Butters Board voted a certain way re distributions, well, unlike Stinger/JD, I do not know. They obviously do, although they do not divulge any reason.

But I do know St Kilda FC have an Annual General Meeting and that any question can be asked there.

And THAT is the only response I can give.

Perhaps Stinger/JD are aggrieved at the move to re-locate home games from Tasmania - they may represent the Tasmanian contingent - and by the most derogative physical description!

The main thrust of my continuing response is that people are not influenced by what "mutiple" posters say on a forum such as this, but that the facts are looked at and a decision is made based on these facts.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

He has red hair.
You got something against ranga's?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

you talking to me joffaboy...i hope to f*** you are not...

i have already posted in response to posters like teflon and b4e who believe that thomas should never be allowed to darken the doors at moorabbin again...that it is not our place to say who should or shouldn't be allowed back at the club...and i added ..thank god for that...i believe the same about butterss.....doesn't mean that at the moment i believe he shouldn't let the door bang on his arse on the way out of the joint..

..once again you are trying to denigrate the pro sff forces, aren't you...typical og you normal bullying behaviour so rightly pointed out by a couple of the mods....

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur

a bit like the plympton hate when he departed :(

i am and will always be appreciative of what plymton did for us in hard times.

the afl had us marked, and he pulled us out of the fire.

we were not invited to MCG and they didn't want us so we were forced to TD, we were forced out of Moorabin was well.

Plympton kept the club together, and relatively safe in a very hard time and put in place resources to have a fair dinkum crack at the flag in 96 to 98.

he made mistakes too, but then it was always done in with st kilda's best interests at heart.

RB came with st kilda's best interests at heart too.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Throw in the line and see what you reel in!

Guess what, "Stinger" and "JD", both singing from the same hym sheet.

Touched a nerve hasn't it?

And now we have BOTH lauding Thomas, with the latest reference being "Mentored in re-building the culture of the team".

Mentored by who?

IF the support for players was and is as appalling as is presented with insufficient resources being put into player resources and development, that IS the culture of the CLUB - and players would accept offers from the likes of Essendon, Brisbane and the like.

The tag team of Stinger/JD (?) just do not get it.

And the more "they" post, well, draw your own conclusions on what "they" say.

You ask Stinger about some history of St Kilda, and who replies?

And in regards the ascertion that the Butters Board voted a certain way re distributions, well, unlike Stinger/JD, I do not know. They obviously do, although they do not divulge any reason.

But I do know St Kilda FC have an Annual General Meeting and that any question can be asked there.

And THAT is the only response I can give.

Perhaps Stinger/JD are aggrieved at the move to re-locate home games from Tasmania - they may represent the Tasmanian contingent - and by the most derogative physical description!

The main thrust of my continuing response is that people are not influenced by what "mutiple" posters say on a forum such as this, but that the facts are looked at and a decision is made based on these facts.
you are just showing how flowering ignorant you really are clown......there are plenty of posters on here that know jd and i personally....ffs....."multiple posters"...that the best you can do.....

you have been on here five minutes and think you know everything...well ive got news for you...you know sweet fa.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you talking to me joffaboy...i hope to f*** you are not...
I am not talking to anyone in particular. If it applies to you, thats up to you, not me.

stinger wrote:..once again you are trying to denigrate the pro sff forces, aren't you...typical og you normal bullying behaviour so rightly pointed out by a couple of the mods....

.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
No not at all. I am saying anyone who reckons Rod Butters should be exiled from the club (actually read one that reckons he should be banned from ever having a membership again :roll: :roll: ) should have a real look at themselves.

i cant remember you saying that but if you did, well yes it applies to you.

Believe it or not I dont automatically think of you when i post.

As for denigrating the pro Westaway supporters - dont worry you have at least two pet moderators who have personally attacked me and my opinions because they dont slavishly follow the party line.

Interesting one told me that kids read this site and that Spendaway, and Wasteaway was somehow offensive, but posters like you can be aggressive and personally abusive and post the f word with a couple of asterix's or "flower" as a substitute but thats OK.

Go figure hey? :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:

concur

a bit like the plympton hate when he departed :(

i am and will always be appreciative of what plymton did for us in hard times.

the afl had us marked, and he pulled us out of the fire.

we were not invited to MCG and they didn't want us so we were forced to TD, we were forced out of Moorabin was well.

Plympton kept the club together, and relatively safe in a very hard time and put in place resources to have a fair dinkum crack at the flag in 96 to 98.

he made mistakes too, but then it was always done in with st kilda's best interests at heart.

RB came with st kilda's best interests at heart too.
Yup agreed, and I am sure Greg Westaway has the best interests of the club at heart as well. Will be interesting in a couple of years when their is the obligatory upheaval and challenge to him and the board if there will be supporters wanting him banned forever as well.

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:[
Interesting one told me that kids read this site and that Spendaway, and Wasteaway was somehow offensive, but posters like you can be aggressive and personally abusive and post the f word with a couple of asterix's or "flower" as a substitute but thats OK.
you are far more personally abusive to certain posters than i have ever been....and apart from that idiot to the top who has been having a go at me..i haven't been aggressive or personally abusive to a true saints supporter for months...

you on the other hand have been denigrating the pro sff posters...and to the top is continuing your work.......on the other hand i haven't seen one post that was intended to denigrate or insult supporters of the current board for purely sticking up for them....

sure i want rod butters and his designer stubble and crap haircut out of moorabbin...doesn't mean that he shouldn't buy a membership ticket and continue to support the team like all of us

...don't like me using the f word ...tuff luck...welcome to the real word...for your information i type the f word in full...it is the site's mods who have set it up to only show the f and asterixs......not me....

To the top
SS Life Member

So, "Stinger" wants to see RB and his "designer stubble and crap haircut out".

And then there is the rest of "his" post!

And some will let the opinions of types such as this, giving "designer stubble and crap haircut" as the reason, influence them.

And the remainder of the articulated argument put by those who are most obviously bald and envious of anyone who does have hair.

So, "Stinger", whoever or what ever you are, what have you to say about Westaway's hair cut?

Because that is the issue, isn't it?

The more you read of what supporters posting in support of the alternate ticket have to say, and the manner of their responses, the more the alternate ticket is tarnished.

With fair weather supporters like these, what will their tenure be and how long before Westaway will become a grey haired old man past his use by date?

And who will come next to a club with a core of supporters such as these?

As I have said, it reeks of the culture of St Kilda - and the reason only one premiership has ever been won - 41 years ago - and it has the wooden spoons it has.

And this is its "golden era", when it actually has a core of 15 or so players who could actually do the club justice in September - given it does the work with its list to increase that number to 25.

Footy ain't about glory hunters - it is about having your shoulder to the grind-stone, year in and year out, producing the consistency required to have a shot, year in and year out.

Again, I hate to say it - but look at Port Adelaide as a comparative.

It is their culture that sees them consistently competative.

Do not make the mistake of ever thinking that St Kilda are positioned to survive in their current form (a member's club) or even in Melbourne.

They are not.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:[
you are far more personally abusive to certain posters than i have ever been....and apart from that idiot to the top who has been having a go at me..i haven't been aggressive or personally abusive to a true saints supporter for months...

you on the other hand have been denigrating the pro sff posters...and to the top is continuing your work.......on the other hand i haven't seen one post that was intended to denigrate or insult supporters of the current board for purely sticking up for them....

sure i want rod butters and his designer stubble and crap haircut out of moorabbin...doesn't mean that he shouldn't buy a membership ticket and continue to support the team like all of us

...don't like me using the f word ...tuff luck...welcome to the real word...for your information i type the f word in full...it is the site's mods who have set it up to only show the f and asterixs......not me....
Ive said it many times - there are posters (me included) who get into stoushes on this site but you LOOK for them and start them and should be banned.

Your an imbecile and an embarrassment and should the cardigan ever grow over your brain (small cardigan) long may you rot.

“Yeah….nah””
karnaby
Club Player

I'm very disappointed that I haven't heard anything from the incumbents other that bitching about Westaway's stupid 'drugs' comment & that they are apparently exploring options to defer the EGM. I'm still prepared to consider both sides but if the current mob don't put up very soon I reckon it will be too late to stem the flow to SFF.

For info, I'm going to hear what Westaway has to say to the Western Saints tomorrow & I'll be very interested to find out how he reckons they'll increase the size of the 'financial pie' available to the club. Personally I'd also like to know about off-field personnel matters, but I really doubt how much he might be willing to say about that.

On a side issue I went hunting in the bowels of this bloddy computer to see if I'd ever kept articles quoting Butterss early presidential comments that he'd only stay in the job for 5 years (which is my recollection) [& I think the current boards' lack of action in re-invigorating itself is a real issue]. Anyway I found the following:

(from Realfooty, ie - The Age)

Butterss admits: We haven't delivered

February 25 2003

It's put-up or shut-up time at St Kilda, and Saints president Rod Butterss pulls no punches in his appraisal of the club to Stephen Rielly.

When Rod Butterss succeeded Andrew Plympton as president of St Kilda in August 2000, he inherited a debt-free football club that, although in the last days of an ill-fated partnership with coach Tim Watson, had been a finalist two years earlier.

This, at least, was the popular view of Butterss' inheritance.

The president, who was reappointed by the St Kilda board last week for a further three years, has a different interpretation of affairs. It is one he believes partly explains why, under his guidance, the club has won only nine matches in two seasons and is now burdened by $2.5 million of debt.

Much of the blame for the decline he has overseen is his own, Butterss agrees, and he will not question the Plympton legacy.

"How would I assess our performance? I would give ourselves a five out of 10," Butterss said. "On a range of fronts, I underestimated the complexities and demands of football. We've made mistakes."

Not least the decision to appoint Malcolm Blight as Watson's successor on a contract worth $1 million a season, an error that was manifest within months. Blight was sacked 15 rounds into the 2001 season and the new administration appeared stunned - firstly into a state of paralysis and, later, introspective caution.

"We were so passionate and enthusiastic about introducing change and seeing things happen that we enticed Malcolm out of retirement a year or two before he was ready and we both got burnt," Butterss concedes. "I don't look back on it often, but when I do, I think that we both erred."

As Butterss sees things, his inexperience, and that of his board in 2000, served to undermine the tremendous energy and the flow of ideas introduced to the boardroom at the time, which amounted to a belief that radical change was required.

"It took some time to understand that unlike in the traditional small business world, where changes of fortune and direction can be made in a matter of months through a range of initiatives, football doesn't allow quick turnarounds," he said.

"You live with your decisions in this game for a very long time."

It is the way of all leaders to impose themselves, but Butterss and Brian Waldron, the chief executive he appointed in 2001, were almost zealous in their determination to make fundamental changes.

Their view was shaped, overwhelmingly, by one fact - the undeniable failure of the club to regularly contend. St Kilda's rock'n'roll habits of self-destruction and excess were to be tempered rather than disowned, for to scythe them completely would be to dishonour much of the club's unique appeal, but failure and a chronic shortage of funds were no longer acceptable.

"The new regime came to power and we took the view that the St Kilda formula of the past was, in essence, flawed. One premiership in 130-odd years was a testament to the fact that it was simply not working and had rarely ever worked," Butterss said.

"Notwithstanding the many grand contributions from people such as Andrew Plympton or Robert Harvey or Nathan Burke or any number of others, the model in place at St Kilda was not delivering even the opportunity of a premiership every 10 years.

"So the only option, as we saw, it was to strip the club back to its very basics and rebuild. Now stripping anything back that far can threaten its very existence but we felt there was no alternative."

The club has not quite been imperilled over the past two seasons as others - namely the Western Bulldogs and Kangaroos - have, but nor has there been much gain for a lot of pain.

"The truth is we haven't yet delivered a damn thing," Butterss concedes.

The story of his presidency thus far is not, however, entirely one of naivety, well-intentioned haste and on-the-job learning. The decision to relocate from Waverley Park to Telstra Dome - one Butterss says was impossible not to make, given the inflated financial estimates provided to clubs by the AFL when it was spruiking the venue - coupled with two dreadful seasons while coach Grant Thomas rebuilds the list have amounted to an "unfortunate combination".

This year, the club should, at "the very least", break even, says Butterss. If, by the end of his new term, the club is not financially stable and deriving funds from non-football related activities, supported by at least 25,000 members and entrenched in the top eight, Butterss says he ought to step down.

He thinks the fans would demand that, anyhow.

"The average fan really does know his football and while I'm heartened by the support we seem to be receiving and the widespread sense of optimism about our direction, I know some still have misgivings and others are holding their judgement and those people won't do that forever," he said. "Nor should they keep the faith if we don't start to offer them reasons to believe."

......................................................................................................
I've bolded a couple of points in the early part of the article, I seem to recall that a certain part of our debts has been related to writing down/off the value of property 'assets' at Moorabbin, however I am unsure how the debt went for zero to $2.5m to $3.7m. Is there someone on here who remembers exactly what happened? & who might be able to explain it to those of us who are financially illiterate nuffies :wink: :lol:

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Ive said it many times - there are posters (me included) who get into stoushes on this site but you LOOK for them and start them and should be banned.

Your an imbecile and an embarrassment and should the cardigan ever grow over your brain (small cardigan) long may you rot.
lol teffers if any two posters are the same it would be you and stinger :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
To the top
SS Life Member

Good point, Karnaby.

I am aware that it was during the Plympton presidency that the internal divisions of the Social Club vs. the Footy Club resolved, and one entity was created.

There was very great anomosity at that time, because it was the Social Club which made the money - and there was an issue about the cost of the renovations to accomodate the poker machines and improve the facade - something about the footy club paying from distributions but receiving nothing in response from the Social Club - which was accused to be looking after itself and not the Footy Club.

IF the losses referred to were through asset revaluation (of what, because St Kilda FC do not have property on their Balance Sheet as I understand it), then these are not cash losses and would not result in debt.

However, what was the trading position of the club thru that period - bearing in mind a few clubs made (and still make) losses?

A net profit of $1 Million on a turnover of $15/$20 Milion can very soon disappear - particularly with a football club relying on sponsor, audience and membership revenues, which are variable depending on on-field performance.

One major sponsor going "belly up" and not being able to put the money on the table and the profit becomes a loss.

That is how fragile the situation is. Did Collingwood (Maguire) hand back the Cooper FAI Sponsorship money? I think not.

It would be interesting to chronicle the trading performance of the club, resulting in the $1 Million PA profits of the last couple of years (three?).

No doubt Boards of football clubs find it most difficult, and they can have it, because it is just plain bloody hard work wandering around with your hand out all of the time.

Butterss was handed the presidency by Plympton - it was not contested - Butterss was the annointed one and there was no disruption to the business of the Board.

Plus, Board positions become vacant by rotation - so an EGM to chuck out a Board is most unusual.

There are a lot of questions to be asked, and a lot of questions to be answered.

The incumbent Board will be looking to present a comprehensive CV of why they should stay - no doubt - and you would at the least expect that.

At that stage, when the Board responds and when it puts the acid on the alternate ticket, the proxies are worth nothing.

All the proxies say at this stage is that people want some answers to some questions - and some of those questions will be seen for what they are.

Others of the questions will have substance, and the response to them by both parties will carry the day.

Some prefer to refer to Butterss hair!

But there are others who are led to the substance of the debate, and they will do their research.

The chances are that no-one will respond to Karnaby's question, because I have asked this very question on another thread.

I guess it was an accumulation of trading losses over a period of time - and whilst the club struggled on-field.

As someone said "Million dollar profits do not grow on trees", and we now live in times when $1 Million really is not much money at all.

karnaby
Club Player

To the top wrote: <snip>
No doubt Boards of football clubs find it most difficult, and they can have it, because it is just plain bloody hard work wandering around with your hand out all of the time.
You seem to have written the bolded part in the first person :wink:
To the top wrote:
Butterss was handed the presidency by Plympton - it was not contested - Butterss was the annointed one and there was no disruption to the business of the Board.

Plus, Board positions become vacant by rotation - so an EGM to chuck out a Board is most unusual.
The smooth transition from the Plympton to the Butterss administrations should be something of a template for how to handle transition with the board. Unfortunately there is no evidence that I am aware of to suggest that the current board has evolved to meet changing needs over the past few years, nor is there any evidence of Butterss seeking to either groom or recruit a replacement for himself. I have been on committees of community based organisations & I think there are some parallels with the board of a footy club. In particular I don't think anyone should see themselves as "owning' a position, instead I think people should see such roles as voluntarily performing duties to enhance the organisation until such a time as they can pass the baton on to their successor.

In part because of the fact that there is no "annointed" successor we are forced into the situation of having an EGM.
To the top wrote:
There are a lot of questions to be asked, and a lot of questions to be answered.

The incumbent Board will be looking to present a comprehensive CV of why they should stay - no doubt - and you would at the least expect that.
The questions really have been there for quite some time & in reality there has been enough smoke since bedwell first raised his head that it was fairly obvious that something significant would eventuate. The fact that the current board has not presented their "CV" yet really is quite damning.
To the top wrote:
At that stage, when the Board responds and when it puts the acid on the alternate ticket, the proxies are worth nothing.

All the proxies say at this stage is that people want some answers to some questions - and some of those questions will be seen for what they are.

Others of the questions will have substance, and the response to them by both parties will carry the day.
I disagree that "the proxies are worth nothing", the only way that might be the case is if people rescind them, as things stand at the moment I can't see that happening.
To the top wrote:
The chances are that no-one will respond to Karnaby's question, because I have asked this very question on another thread.

Well actually I would like it if others could throw a light on the other questions that I asked.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:[

keep it up....just more ammo for the mods....oh..and this is where that comment is going.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

lol teffers if any two posters are the same it would be you and stinger :lol:
now that is really insulting danny me boy......when have i ever had a go at you....in fact i usually stick up for you against joffaboy and this guy....ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:So, "Stinger" wants to see RB and his "designer stubble and crap haircut out".

And then there is the rest of "his" post!

And some will let the opinions of types such as this, giving "designer stubble and crap haircut" as the reason, influence them.

And the remainder of the articulated argument put by those who are most obviously bald and envious of anyone who does have hair.

So, "Stinger", whoever or what ever you are, what have you to say about Westaway's hair cut?

Because that is the issue, isn't it?
no it's not the issue...i have along with many others detailed the issues on numerous other threads...i am not going to repeat myself just for the likes of you...... :evil: :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Play nice guys..theres some really interesting and valid points being made on both sides here...a good read..shame about the touch of abuse thats crept in too...keep it on topic eh???

*takes mod hat off* Concur on JoffaBurns' post. Fantastic summary of the whole situation IMHO. RB and the Boards lack of pro-activeness since the challenge began damns him somewhat in my eyes. I'm not a Messiah-follower and am more than happy to listen to both sies of any argument..but IM only getting one at the moment..well one and vague hints of legal action.

RB...The broad support base of the St Kilda Football Club awaits your response to the challenge. Resting on the laurels of the last 6 years will get you nowhere.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor