Some news....Voss, Sweeney, Maguire, Brooks, Bakes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Interesting stuff marto. You are one that says it how he see's it but also passes on information without ego and always with a pinch of salt.

Marto could there be a chance that voss might be playing AND assistant coach for casey in 2008? Any word on who is in line for the coaching job down there as well. Suprised Banfield went after having a better 2007 then 2006.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
4ever_saint
Club Player

maverick wrote:If RL clearly doesn't rate Goose why did he play him about 3 weeks too early in the seniors and persist with him for half a season?

His actions contradict the speculation
i agree. ross lyon pushed maguire to play first game of this year, he broke his foot. ross lyon pushed maguire to play after around 15 weeks out of the game. why would lyon do this if he didnt rate maguire as a player? there would be no rush if he thought maguire wasnt a neccessary player in the team.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

why do pple on here jump at rumours ffs.....goose aint going anywhere...either is baker...ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

4ever_saint wrote:
maverick wrote:If RL clearly doesn't rate Goose why did he play him about 3 weeks too early in the seniors and persist with him for half a season?

i agree. ross lyon pushed maguire to play first game of this year, he broke his foot. ross lyon pushed maguire to play after around 15 weeks out of the game. why would lyon do this if he didnt rate maguire as a player? there would be no rush if he thought maguire wasnt a neccessary player in the team.
i can see what you guys are getting at but marto's information is often pretty good. will be interested to see what comes of the situation

4ever_saint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:

i can see what you guys are getting at but marto's information is often pretty good. will be interested to see what comes of the situation
i really hope this information is wrong. i guess we'll all see next week when the boys get back from thailand. the encouraging factor in this is that maguire was on the radio on friday morning and said that he'd be staying. but, who knows. i guess we'll all know next week.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Can someone tell me when the players return or returned from their overseas trip this year? I know a group went - on their own dime- to Thailand..

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

we have heard that maguire wants to stay...we have heard that baker wants to stay

but no news on xavier?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i'll take it with a grain of salt since i spoke to justin sweeney just 2 days ago and he told me he is in talks with other afl clubs.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

of course sweeney is 'in talks' as would 200 other about 2008....contracted, uncontracted, draftees......tom roach was in talks with us last year....

Remember this is NOT GOSPEL but from a friend in the know.....and is purely speculation....I have already announced that...

I hope we RETAIN Maguire......strong defenders do not grow on trees, and mature with age.....

I would NOT swap Goose for Fev.....even though Fev is a better player....Fev will bring the rest of the group down, with his woeful attitude..

Brett Voss will most likely be Ass. Coach of Casey in 2008.....Daniel Ward will be playing there aswell...

Do not count out the following as the Senior Coach
Michael Voss - Long Shot
Austin Jones
Justin Peckett
Barry Mitchell

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

st.mart wrote:of course sweeney is 'in talks' as would 200 other about 2008....contracted, uncontracted, draftees......tom roach was in talks with us last year....

Remember this is NOT GOSPEL but from a friend in the know.....and is purely speculation....I have already announced that...

I hope we RETAIN Maguire......strong defenders do not grow on trees, and mature with age.....

I would NOT swap Goose for Fev.....even though Fev is a better player....Fev will bring the rest of the group down, with his woeful attitude..

Brett Voss will most likely be Ass. Coach of Casey in 2008.....Daniel Ward will be playing there aswell...

Do not count out the following as the Senior Coach
Michael Voss - Long Shot
Austin Jones
Justin Peckett
Barry Mitchell

by no means shooting you down here st.mart, but did you not say that sweeney had already signed with the scorps for next year, or did you just say he was in talks, i cbf going back to the OP.

is you purely said he was in talks, my aplogies.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintm
Club Player

4theluvoftheclub wrote:Can someone tell me when the players return or returned from their overseas trip this year? I know a group went - on their own dime- to Thailand..
Goose will need to be back in Melbourne by lunch-time tomorrow because, according to Rosanne Michie's column in the Herald-Sun today, he is giving a cooking demonstration for guests (including Danielle Harvey) at a ladies football lunch!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
4theluvoftheclub wrote:Can someone tell me when the players return or returned from their overseas trip this year? I know a group went - on their own dime- to Thailand..
Goose will need to be back in Melbourne by lunch-time tomorrow because, according to Rosanne Michie's column in the Herald-Sun today, he is giving a cooking demonstration for guests (including Danielle Harvey) at a ladies football lunch!!
where can I get to that :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

Apparantly he has already signed.....well rated at Scorps.....but like all sports contracts, there is a get out clause, if you get an opportunity at a higher level....the club has a moral obligation to let you go...

Sweeney will be at Casey in 2008, unless he is Drafted or Rookied in 2008...(Melb, Rich, Bull, Ess) will all chat with him and maybe Rookie or late national/pre season draft him...

Like Matty Clarke when he was at Glenelg in 2007, until we drafted him....

ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

Re: Some news....Voss, Sweeney, Maguire, Brooks, Bakes

st.mart wrote:From a mate

Voss and Sweeney have signed with Casey for 2008........Raymond back to SA...

Report in Brisbane Sunday Mail today that Voss will be coming back to Qld next year and playing with Mt Gravatt

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.mart wrote:Apparantly he has already signed.....well rated at Scorps.....but like all sports contracts, there is a get out clause, if you get an opportunity at a higher level....the club has a moral obligation to let you go...

Sweeney will be at Casey in 2008, unless he is Drafted or Rookied in 2008...(Melb, Rich, Bull, Ess) will all chat with him and maybe Rookie or late national/pre season draft him...

IMO Sweeney will play at Frankstn next year or back at his local club. I dont think he will want to play with players from a club he has just been delisted from. Very doubtful he will be at Scorps next year.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st.mart wrote:Apparantly he has already signed.....well rated at Scorps.....but like all sports contracts, there is a get out clause, if you get an opportunity at a higher level....the club has a moral obligation to let you go...

IMO Sweeney will play at Frankstn next year or back at his local club. I dont think he will want to play with players from a club he has just been delisted from. Very doubtful he will be at Scorps next year.
we shall see,

I can tell you who's opinion I value more :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

I would have thought Voss would return to Qld, which is why I was surprised he had 'apparantly' signed with Casey.......

I do know that he impressed all with his leadership skills at Casey....

I also know that Sweeney is well liked at Casey (preferred the VFL blokes).....but I too thought that he may end up at Franga.....most AFL cast offs end up there or the Borough or the SANFL...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

So Lyon doesnt rate Maguire as much as Maguire rates himself?

Big deal.

I agree Marto - I also do not have Magurie as elite at CHB.....I have Chad Cornes as elite at CHB...different kettle of fish.

“Yeah….nah””
brewski
Club Player

Spinner wrote:On the upside.....Brooks is staying. (Hoping)
You gotta be kidding spinner, Brooks is a dud he's had heaps of time on our list and still cant crack the team.

We really need to re-sign Goose and keep this list together, blood some of the younger guys, hopefully trade for and bring in some quality and play attacking footy.

Goose has come back from a major injury and like Nathan Brown will need some time because like some others on here i would rather have him in our team then see him elsewhere and i doubt there would be many that questioned his spot before the leg.

Banned by the censors
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Goose not gone...has re-signed as I thought he would :D

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....