On the Couch with..............................iwantmeseats!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

On the Couch with..............................iwantmeseats!

After a lengthy hiatus On the Couch has returned!

From a family with ties to the club going back generations, you could say that our next guest was born with the Saints in his blood. A recently retired St Kilda champion wasn't always a favourite of his but a sexy actress with an Italian surname most definitely is. Like most of us he dreamt of playing for the club and if his ability to courageously run back with the flight of the footy is anything to go by, he could probably captain the Blues... although a senior game is not what he wants out of life. No, all he really wants are his bloody seats!

iwantmeseats is On the Couch.

What's your name?
Tim

How old are you?

How did you become a St Kilda supporter?
Father started taking me to games at moorabbin in 1975 as a wee toddler. St.Kilda blood runs back generations in our family

Childhood ambition:
Ahh, who didnt want to play footy for the saints ? :0) Besides that, I probably suffered from a severe lack of ambition :0)

Fondest memory:
Going to the footy as a young kid with dad. We all know what it was like in the 80's.

And this one time at band camp.....um , nah I guess that'll do!

Proudest moment:
Actually, probably the way my family hung together after the death of mum in 2002. Have a great family and knew it would work out that way. But the closeness and support of each other through that time I felt was a tribute to her herself.

Personally, I cant really think of one actually. Catching up on the rent in 94? Dunno, but damn it was a relief and a struggle . Now im really clutching at straws, NEXT!!

What do you do for a living?
courier driver

Describe yourself in three words:
passionate, easy going, care free

What made you choose your username?
I want those damn seats from the morabbin members stand before they tear it down! My Girlfriend shudders at the thought, but they have sentimental value.

We were members there from 65 till the last game, same seats. I want to make a bench seat out of em and put em in the garden. Beautiful!

Favourite food:
Pizza. Though Ive been on a fitness binge, so dont go there that often now.

Favourite sandwich:
Chicken, cheese, lettuce and mayo

Favourite movie:
School of Rock/Rockshool

Favourite TV show:
Air Crash Investigations (yeah I can be that boring!). Seinfeld till it finished. I watch alot of TV but take alot of it in really. Surfing the net or playing guitar on the couch means I only really half see most things on at the time.

Favourite actor:
Jack Black.

If you could have any three people over for dinner, who would they be?
Alyssa Milano (she can stay for desert)

Robert Harvey (he could almost stay as well!! Very Happy )

James Hetfield

Favourite book:
Any biography, especially music ones. Artist/band bios' that sort of thing.

Not a fiction reader really, so that sort of thing.

Favourite holiday destination:
Friday night. Its always a absolute pleasure to arrive!

What music are you currently listening to?
Bit of everything. Mainly rock, bit of blues. Too much to go into really.

Any special skills?
Not really. I play guitar, though not seriously these days anymore. A closet guitarist/musician you might say.

Dream girl:
Would be my girlfriend, errrr, yeeeeeahhhhh, thats it. I have this site in my bookmarks , so you know :0)

Inspiration:
My own fear of accepting I have become/achieved all that I can. That fear inspires me to keep reaching, I will have no drive whatsoever.

Favourite current St Kilda player:
Robert Harvey. Though I love em all

Favourite all-time St Kilda player:
Robert Harvey. I cannot express the love and respect I have for the great man. Thrilled to have him on board for this year, after I went all through last year paying homage to him and making sure I savoured every game as I thought it would be his last year.

Most memorable St Kilda game:
geez. The carlton one at morabbin in 89 with the lockett/winmar game still lingers strong. The 96 night grand final win. 97 prelim v kangaroos. More recently the Lions in 2004 with THAT goal from Scwartz. Easily the most exciting recent game I think I have been to with that finish. I think the fact he launced it from 60 and it spent so long in the air really allowed the crowd to launch into it.

Player you would most like to see in a Saints jumper:
Either Clark brother. Oh hang on, they play for us already, dont they? Are they part time maybe, dunno :0)

Um, James Hird probably.

Most disliked footballer:
Used to be Fraser till he came to us!! Id have to say Mal michael after the reiwoldt incident. Id still be out for his blood if I had anything to do with it.

Which footballer from the past would you like to have seen play?
Ian Stewart Probably, a past version of Harvs,

The Coventry brothers, John Coleman.

2007 Grand Final - siren’s gone, 40 metres out, directly in front... a kick to win the Saints a Premiership, who takes the kick?
It would have to be harvs wouldnt it? Just for the fairytale of all fairytales. But kicking for goal aint his strong point, so Id say Luke Ball. (ed: LOLOL)

Do you follow another sport?
I like cricket, a bit of league, the staples I guess. Nothing anywhere near as much as footy though. But generally Im happy to sit down and watch a bit of any sport really.

What interesting fact about yourself would you like to share?
I really want me seats, im just working at the best way to get em. Got to get a gas axe. Maybe strange and compulsive rather than interesting, or maybe a mix of all three.

Most embarrassing moment:
hmmm. Well here is a relevant one. After a game at morrabbin, running back with the flight of the ball, I slammed head first into the goal post. Seemed like no one missed it at the time either :0)

Now, THAT is what you call courage. Hahah ;)

Cheers, Tim!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Great work OLB.

Well done iwantmeseats ... great stuff!

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Great, I love this segment - can't wait to see who else you interview this year... someone should make an archive of these so we can go back and look at it all the time.

Any chance of getting homework or saintdooley on the couch? Or brown-coat?

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Terrific series - thanks for bringing it back!

But the big question... what do you want the seats for?

Backyard makeover?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Seinfeld really is the best television show of all time imo. So many great characters...

Newman, George's folks, Mr Peterman, Uncle Leo, Puddy, third-person Jimmy, the close talker, the soup nazi, the bubble boy...the list is endless.

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I've still got it series-linked on my IQ. I could watch them again and again.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Great, I love this segment - can't wait to see who else you interview this year... someone should make an archive of these so we can go back and look at it all the time.

Any chance of getting homework or saintdooley on the couch? Or brown-coat?

homework would be captivating..LOL..

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
super dooper
Club Player

OLB wrote:Seinfeld really is the best television show of all time imo. So many great characters...

Newman, George's folks, Mr Peterman, Uncle Leo, Puddy, third-person Jimmy, the close talker, the soup nazi, the bubble boy...the list is endless.

I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode and I've still got it series-linked on my IQ. I could watch them again and again.
Have to agree there

JIMMY DOWN!!! :lol: :lol:

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

You a Metallica fan Iwantmeseats!?

Carpe Diem