Joel Smith probably finished !!

Bowey Boy

Joel Smith probably finished !!

According to Channel 7 he will not be offered a new contract at the Dorks. I don't know why, but I get some strange pleasure from this.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black

Re: Joel Smith probably finished !!

Bowie Boy wrote:According to Channel 7 he will not be offered a new contract at the Dorks. I don't know why, but I get some strange pleasure from this.
Why?

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st.mart

All Australian and B&F at Hawthorn, not sure he cares what any saints supporter thinks, he sees himself as a hawk through and through......he had a VG career...

joel smith :( matty lappin :( aussie jones :( tony brown :(

these 4 were the face of st kilda for a decade in 1997

we thought trianides was going to be better than lappin (lol that)

joel smith was offered a base wage while he recovered from a serious knee injury, hawks offered him a 3 year contract, well done to the hawks, but smith was never the same player again.

aussie jones, champion player till other issues got the better of him.

tony brown, career distroyed by timmid watson.

><

in another time in another era these 4 would have been premiership players at st kilda :(

Bowey Boy

I don't know why he is getting the flick - Seven did not say.

I also don't really know why I get why I get pleasure from it. I just do. I have no doubt he did what was best for him !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black

they also made Dixons decision for him

atleast with Lappin at the blues they gave him the option to pretend he had made the choice.

Bowie Boy wrote:I don't know why he is getting the flick - Seven did not say.

I also don't really know why I get why I get pleasure from it. I just do. I have no doubt he did what was best for him !!

It would purely be age thing and slight dip in form.

Dan Warna wrote:joel smith :( matty lappin :( aussie jones :( tony brown :(

joel smith was offered a base wage while he recovered from a serious knee injury, hawks offered him a 3 year contract, well done to the hawks, but smith was never the same player again.

><

in another time in another era these 4 would have been premiership players at st kilda :(
Not sure about Tony Browns career being wrecked by TW. He was a bit slow and did as well as his ability allowed. Aussie Jones and other issues can you explain this. Never heard of it before and Joel Smith was all Australian after leaving us so he did very well and you have mentioned that Trianidis thing before. IMO that had nothing to do with the trade.

ifonlybarkswashere

Dan Warna wrote:joel smith :( matty lappin :( aussie jones :( tony brown :(

><

Dan I would have thought Burke, Loewe, Nicky and Harves were the face of the Saints in the 90's. Smith, Jones and Brown had a nice semantic appeal to the media and yes they were touted around in a number of photos but I don't think their appeal surpassed the fab four. I agree with Plugger, Brown was a goer but slow and turned the pill over heaps, Jones...other issues not sure if that even needs saying, Joel Smith... I have always thought of him as the Jeff Dunne of the modern age...only in another team dammit! Lappin, well the only reason that skinny bugger survived is because he went to a crap club that had no choice but to keep him on the list.

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again

All references to "mental illness" have been removed from this thread ...

The player in question may never have had a mental illness; even if he did, that is private and confidential; potentially defamatory to claim otherwise.
Last edited by Oh When the Saints on Tue 18 Sep 2007 8:29pm, edited 2 times in total.

ifonlybarkswashere

Oh When the Saints wrote:All references to "mental illness" have been removed from this thread ...

The player in question may never have had a mental illness; even if he did, that is private and confidential; potentially defamatory to claim otherwise.
agree

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again

talking of ex players i was listening to the local radio station and they were talking to Heath Black who basically said coming to st kilda was the worst thing he ever did :shock: and he hoped Chris Judd wasnt making the same mistake ... i hated Blacky for leaving us to go back to freo but now i hate him even more

snoopygirl

If it was Aussie Jones that people were referring to with a mental illness, there was a 2 page article in the Herald Sun highlighting this very problem as this was part of the reason why his form dropped so dramatically in early 2005.

Hope Joel Smith isn't finished... very good player, he has some more time in him IMO.

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:talking of ex players i was listening to the local radio station and they were talking to Heath Black who basically said coming to st kilda was the worst thing he ever did :shock: and he hoped Chris Judd wasnt making the same mistake ... i hated Blacky for leaving us to go back to freo but now i hate him even more
Heath Black = Tool.

Who cares what he thinks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austinn_Jones

i couldn't find the hun article but I remember from the time he came out along with a couple of other players dealing with issues of senior football.

there was no insult intended.

tony brown played on james hird and spanked him. he was regularly dominating in the midfield in 97 and 98.

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:talking of ex players i was listening to the local radio station and they were talking to Heath Black who basically said coming to st kilda was the worst thing he ever did :shock: and he hoped Chris Judd wasnt making the same mistake ... i hated Blacky for leaving us to go back to freo but now i hate him even more

f*** ing Hell.

yes because freo was such a winner for him.

it's with us that Heath Black has played the only decent football of his career...

2004 was and is his best season by an absolute mile

markinUSA

Hi

I looked at the entry in Wikipedia on Aussie Jones which Dan Warna referred to - and it had a link to "St Kilda players" in general.

I clicked on the Trevor Barker entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Barker

It was (really) surprisingly short. I was wondering if anyone could expand it, so the entry can more accurately reflect his career and his importance to the club?

Thanks
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
riccardo

GrumpyOne wrote:
Heath Black = Tool.

I couldn't agree with that more.

Is he still blaming his wife for wanting to go back to Perf. :roll:

riccardo wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Heath Black = Tool.

I couldn't agree with that more.

Is he still blaming his wife for wanting to go back to Perf. :roll:
well i dont know bout that cause he was talking bout getting married in 3 weeks time so eaither a he divorced her or b he was never married to her but will be shortly ?

either way he is now up there with hall and everit in my books of turds of the game i hope he never plays a finals game for the remainder of his sorry carreer

Dan Warna wrote:

f*** ing Hell.
yes because freo was such a winner for him.
i was sorry to see him go considering he was so good and well used for us

imo we still have not replaced heath black and goddard is the only player in the team that plays like him (both big and long kicks whilst not being kpp's)
if he hates st kilda that much well there is not much that can be done so there is no point in commenting more

he left us for a terrible club with pseudo sheedy

yep cuddles was about the worst coach going around IMO, he seems like a nice bloke but freo played when ever they felt like and without a game plan, they seemed to bludgeon sides with raw talent (a bit like we did to carlton)

Dan Warna wrote:yep cuddles was about the worst coach going around IMO, he seems like a nice bloke but freo played when ever they felt like and without a game plan, they seemed to bludgeon sides with raw talent (a bit like we did to carlton)
is it sadistic of me to get a kick out of almost murdering carlton for all to see??

oh the pleasure