The new date for the EGM .....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stjohn
Club Player

The new date for the EGM .....

The new date for the EGM has been set for Tuesday 23 Oct. at the Moorabbin Town Hall <EOM>

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
Saint 58
Club Player

The sooner the better, do it and move forward.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Can't go, but my proxy is IN.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: The new date for the EGM .....

Stjohn wrote:The new date for the EGM has been set for Tuesday 23 Oct. at the Moorabbin Town Hall <EOM>
How did a new date come about????

Todays Board Meeting or????
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 18 Sep 2007 5:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
yipper
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
Stjohn wrote:The new date for the EGM has been set for Tuesday 23 Oct. at the Moorabbin Town Hall <EOM>

Todays Borad Meeting or????
Massive response to the SFF ticket. Greg said they were overwhelmed by the support they are getting. So with around 5000 proxies in already - they have brought forward the EGM for the reasons of getting a quick resolution.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Todays Borad Meeting or????
Massive response to the SFF ticket. Greg said they were overwhelmed by the support they are getting. So with around 5000 proxies in already - they have brought forward the EGM for the reasons of getting a quick resolution.
Well tactically if they have 5000 FIRM proxies it gives the Board less time to assemble Proxies.

I hope that not too many of the 5000 are proxies from ineligble voters though....like my 9 year old who was sent one (I am assuming that junior members cannot vote),

It would be tad embarrassing to think you have the numbers only to discover that the "deciding" proxies are excluded due to say having 2000 of them being from junior members.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 18 Sep 2007 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimfang
Club Player

What time? For those of us who might want to attend.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
JeffDunne

sRs, I'm sure they'll be audited.

What surprises me is the lack of activity from the incumbents.

That is, other than meeting with their legal representatives.

They seem to be focusing on torpedoing the challenge rather than winning the hearts and minds of the members. Inactivity is what has led to a challenge and it looks like inactivity will cost them any chance of winning it.

It will be a disgrace if the incumbents hold their position by denying the members a say. It will also lead to further instability and probably the loss of 1000's of members. Let's hope they get on to selling their message rather than trying to deny members a chance to have their say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:sRs, I'm sure they'll be audited.

They seem to be focusing on torpedoing the challenge rather than winning the hearts and minds of the members. Inactivity is what has led to a challenge and it looks like inactivity will cost them any chance of winning it.

It will be a disgrace if the incumbents hold their position by denying the members a say. It will also lead to further instability and probably the loss of 1000's of members. Let's hope they get on to selling their message rather than trying to deny members a chance to have their say.

I have been told by a pretty reliable source that there could be a pretty big name person added to the current board and also there may be some big news soon that may sway the peoples votes. What that is I havent got a clue but getting C Judd may be it. Well that may be a bit hopeful but we can always dream. I also have no idea who the big name may be.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The beauty with a democratic set-up plugger66 is that the members vote.

Doesn't matter how many billionaires you bring to the current board or how many big names you sign.

If 5000 members have sent in proxies in favour of Westaway already, then RB has to conjure the same number of votes himself.

That's not going to happen in a million years.

RB can invite Bill Gates onto the board and secure Judd, Glass and Kerr in exchange for pick #70, but it will make SFA difference at this stage.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Oh When the Saints"]The beauty with a democratic set-up plugger66 is that the members vote.

Doesn't matter how many billionaires you bring to the current board or how many big names you sign.

If 5000 members have sent in proxies in favour of Westaway already, then RB has to conjure the same number of votes himself.

RB can invite Bill Gates onto the board and secure Judd, Glass and Kerr in exchange for pick #70, but it will make SFA difference at this stage.[/quot

Well what that proves to me is that people shouldnt have sent their vote in yet. They have rushed for no reason at all. in by 2 former star players and little else. Better to wait and see what happens but if people get sucked in by 2 former players so be it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I think it is a done deal.

Out with the spiv - in with the shister.

What a rabble :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i though that if you fill out a proxy then change your mind then fill out the new proxy then it cancels out the first proxy ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:The beauty with a democratic set-up plugger66 is that the members vote.

RB can invite Bill Gates onto the board and secure Judd, Glass and Kerr in exchange for pick #70, but it will make SFA difference at this stage.
Well what that proves to me is that people shouldnt have sent their vote in yet. They have rushed for no reason at all. in by 2 former star players and little else. Better to wait and see what happens but if people get sucked in by 2 former players so be it.
Yep ...

Whether it's right or wrong, clever or ignorant, smart or stupid ... time will only tell.

But that's politics for you, and Westaway and co. have handled this very well in terms of winning the election.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i though that if you fill out a proxy then change your mind then fill out the new proxy then it cancels out the first proxy ??
thats what it said on the proxy.

JeffDunne

ausfatcat wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i though that if you fill out a proxy then change your mind then fill out the new proxy then it cancels out the first proxy ??
thats what it said on the proxy.
Maybe I should have read the proxy.

(before anyone asks - no I haven't sent it in)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i dont think westaway is a shyster if he is the sole owner and CEO of gregorys transport.

he has over 1000 employees and a massive logistics supply business.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I have been told by a pretty reliable source that there could be a pretty big name person added to the current board and also there may be some big news soon that may sway the peoples votes. What that is I havent got a clue but getting C Judd may be it. Well that may be a bit hopeful but we can always dream. I also have no idea who the big name may be.
Maybe we get Judd on the Board as part of his playing package :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I KNOW that they will be and hence my comment....and suggestion that they check in advance.

However as FF's database is evidently not able to disciminate between adults and juniors......they had this stage probably do not know how many valid proxies that they do have.

Somehow I suspect that the "lady staff member" will be able to check it for them.

JeffDunne

sRr, I'm sure you like to argue just for the sake of it. :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:sRr, I'm sure you like to argue just for the sake of it. :roll:
Where have I "argued" in this string????

I have asked some questions and suggested that junior votes will not be valid and need to be discounted.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

Yes agree....something must be in the wind.

Maybe more will come to light after todays Board Meeting...

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:Maybe more will come to light after todays Board Meeting...
That probably depends on what's being consumed during the meeting :lol:

(j/k, couldn't resist)

Carl Mynott
Club Player

If people want to send in their proxies early it's a reflection on Butters and his Paranoid manner,his boards inability to keep sponsors and their ineptness at finding a solution for an elite training facility.................

I dont think the 2 former players add much to the SFF ticket from a Business viewpoint,they just add a bit of StKilda to it.This mob has had a fair crack at it and now it's beyond them,it's time to go.....Rod and Co.......

Too bad if some are slow to embrace what is obvious.....

:oops:

The more things change the more they stay the same
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Interesting Plugger...........look forward to hearing a little more...

“Yeah….nah””