Brett Voss retires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:This should probably read "kicked out". No game time at all hardly this year. Anyway all the best BV-great servant, great fighter. Onwards and upwards!
could agree more with you, how CJ and others got games ahead of V2 I don't know
st.mart wrote:Always HATED the nickname V2 - which still refers to him as Michael's brother.......great player in his own right, just behind David Grant as one of our best HBFs.......absolutely courageous.....good hands.....good footy brain......only his foot speed that caught up with him, still can play.....which was evident at Casey, where his skill and leadership was exemplary
the V2 was an improvement on the V1 as a missile.

MV is one of the greats of the playing game and BV is a champion in his own right who didn't get enough respect.

i think took 14 marks in one game?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Ball_Breaker
Club Player

When I have a bit more time I might go and trawl through all 4 pages - for now I just wanna say - "Onya Vossy!" just one more time. God knows I've said it that many times during matches when this bloke has put his body on the line again and again. As courageous as they come and a handy set shot too. Thanks for your contribution. I'll never forget the speccy in the '05 prelim - a great moment in such a big match. All the best, Brett.

Lost in the St. Kilderness
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

jones got games ahead of voss because jones is pacy (well apparently - i have not seen enough of him this season to comment)

v2 was a typical planker that had the ability to both negate and attack however with a distinct lack of pace he was never going to survive ross's chopping block

although i refuse to call v2 'deadwood' he was a necessary loss going forward to further weed out which of the younger palyers are worth keeping on now and into the future

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Vossy for the wonderful service you have given to this club. Your contribution is very much appreciated.

I find it amazing that your "TOOL OF THE YEAR" award didn't make it into your list of acheivements (that was very funny) :roll: :wink: !!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

what did he get tool of the year for?

battye
Saintsational Legend

Thought he had another year :(

Best of luck in the future Vossy. :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:what did he get tool of the year for?
Caught on camera removing the speedos from underneath a towel at a recovery session. Looked very awkard !!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

a very sad day for the St.Kilda Football Club

he was one of my favourites, and i am extremely disappointed hes gone, i still thought he had another year in him

extremely underratted player, didn't get a fair go this year, should have been played infront of many others, i refuse to believe u can go from top 10 in 2006 to not in the starting 22 in 2007.

i don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but i dare say he would have played most of the year if GT was still coaching (i'm not starting anything, don't worry)

well done Vossy, true club champion

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Caught on camera removing the speedos from underneath a towel at a recovery session. Looked very awkard !!
Ahhh..wasnt that Dal???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Ahhh..wasnt that Dal???
Nah !!

Dal won a "Tool of the Week" last yr for his "FLORAL" speedos that ended up being presented to Sam Lane. Vossy won his 2-3 yrs ago and won "TOOL OF THE YEAR" !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:jones got games ahead of voss because jones is pacy (well apparently - i have not seen enough of him this season to comment)
i posted CJs stats just after his last game for 2007, something like averaging 10 disposals a game from 75% game time for 50% efficiency.

thats bloody terrible. given he played a midfield, wing position, where possession and disposals count, as opposed to a defensive role.

up in the stands its sad but we were laughing at CJs disposal and his running to the wrong place, he was actually noticeable for being terrible.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Ahhh..wasnt that Dal???
Nah !!

Dal won a "Tool of the Week" last yr for his "FLORAL" speedos that ended up being presented to Sam Lane. Vossy won his 2-3 yrs ago and won "TOOL OF THE YEAR" !!
Dal also won "Tool of the year" as well as "Tool of the week"!

Back to the point :P

We'll miss you Vossy, thanks for the memories, always one of my favourites and was always extremely nice to the fans!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:a very sad day for the St.Kilda Football Club

he was one of my favourites, and i am extremely disappointed hes gone, i still thought he had another year in him

extremely underratted player, didn't get a fair go this year, should have been played infront of many others, i refuse to believe u can go from top 10 in 2006 to not in the starting 22 in 2007.

i don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but i dare say he would have played most of the year if GT was still coaching (i'm not starting anything, don't worry)

i doubt he was a top 10 player in 2006

however ross saw that he wasn't a playing going forward in the medium term that he couldn't not have in the squad

the harsh reality is that he is a gop that had the ability to pop up and do some solid match-saving efforts when in need

all in all a 29 year old clubman that is not fast enough to take a third tall is not much used to a team that i looking to develop and pursue better options in the lower 6-8 of each 22 that takes the park

out top 12-15 players match it and even top the other teams in the league however its our bottom players that continue to let us down

at least ross is trying to create long term depth (through such retirements of voss and thommo)

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
The_Dud wrote:a very sad day for the St.Kilda Football Club

i doubt he was a top 10 player in 2006

however ross saw that he wasn't a playing going forward in the medium term that he couldn't not have in the squad

the harsh reality is that he is a gop that had the ability to pop up and do some solid match-saving efforts when in need

all in all a 29 year old clubman that is not fast enough to take a third tall is not much used to a team that i looking to develop and pursue better options in the lower 6-8 of each 22 that takes the park

out top 12-15 players match it and even top the other teams in the league however its our bottom players that continue to let us down

at least ross is trying to create long term depth (through such retirements of voss and thommo)
he finished 10th in the 2006 B&F........so therefore i concluded he was in our top 10 players in 2006

i refuse to believe the game changed so much in one year that he went from top ten to not even top 25

i believe while your in the running for a flag (like we were this year) you play your best team, if your not in the running, thats when maybe u play a few youngsters ahead of an older player

IMO he should have played a bigger part this year and could have been a very solid contributer next year

it will be very sad watching football next year with no Voss, Thommo or G, three of my favourites

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

In a thread apparently dedicated to V2's retirement I hope if he reads this forum, he weeds out the crap and accepts my thanks as well for a great service to the club.

Loved his work ethic, good onya Vossy for the future.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree that he was underutiilzed this year...Well played Vossy...will always be remembered as a player who was incredibly courageous[to the point of being a danger to his health]and 100% commited to the team...

Thanks for the memories V2 8-)
Last edited by saint patrick on Tue 18 Sep 2007 11:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
claystreet
Club Player

tough loyal saints man, should of played more this year

going to miss those runs forward

kalsaint
Club Player

Genuinely a gutsy team man is Brett. I always enjoyed those games when you broke up the forward line or crossed in front of a tall oppo forward.

You will be missed. Enjoy your time with your family.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
HarveysDeciple

Should walk away very proud.

Gutsy and skillful bloke who gave everything to St.kilda and churned out absolutely everything he could from himself.

Well done Vossy and thanks for the memories.

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

Always enjoyed watching him play and will never forget the game against the kangas this year wehre he was absolutely out on his feet (concussed) and still tried to get in and influence the play when the ball came near him as he was half carried off the field... courage personified

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!