Saints to move haloes for a new star - The Australian

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I don't care about messiahs or saviours, I just want to fill in the gaps to put us in a position to win a flag.

He won't save us on his own, but having him can in our team...eugh...can't even be bothered to explain it.

You'd be naive not to want him. Enough said.
i agree it would be a great thing to have him but in all honesty lets not pin all our hopes on getting him when realistcally we are very long shots at it
Pinning hopes? My backside.

I see holes in our side that prevent us from winning a flag. Midfield pace is one of them, as is disposal, goal-kicking and execution.

Judd helps us in all of these endeavours.

Anyone who thinks he'll be looked at like a messiah or a saviour needs their head checked. I'm not interested in those. I'm interested in recruiting the best midfielder of the competition to our club to aid us in addressing a massive problem with our team.

Shoot me if I'm wrong.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:The key to all of this is getting Judd to nominate St.Kilda as his preferred club. WC will eventually accept a reasonable trade for him or else risk him going into the pre season draft & getting squat for him.
very good observation there AE. the players who know judd should start lobbying him now

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

yes he does fill the holes and i dont think there is any issue in anyone wanting him at stkilda but its not the be all and end all if he doesnt come to the saints its not going to be the end of the world just like if he does come to the saints it doesnt guarentee success

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I don't care about messiahs or saviours, I just want to fill in the gaps to put us in a position to win a flag.

He won't save us on his own, but having him can in our team...eugh...can't even be bothered to explain it.

Most have been saying we need to add pace to the midfield.

Well, there you go.
Didn't see any pace when we last played WCE. Terrible groin strains that require a minimum four months to recover from shows just how dodgey this trade would be.

We do need pace in the midfield not another plodder and thats what Judd is ATM.

At his best he is the best player in the league, but he is nowhere near his best, will be out for a minimum four months recovering from a major operation, will have no pre-season and we will have to give away great quality and two top ten draft picks.

Selling the clubs future for the hope that Judd may get back to his best (not in 2008, but mabye in 2009).

No wonder the WCE looked so pleased at the presser.

All our eggs on a wing and a preyer.

Messiah complex at its finest on this thread :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Falchoon
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Most have been saying we need to add pace to the midfield.

Well, there you go.
Didn't see any pace when we last played WCE. Terrible groin strains that require a minimum four months to recover from shows just how dodgey this trade would be.

We do need pace in the midfield not another plodder and thats what Judd is ATM.

At his best he is the best player in the league, but he is nowhere near his best, will be out for a minimum four months recovering from a major operation, will have no pre-season and we will have to give away great quality and two top ten draft picks.

Selling the clubs future for the hope that Judd may get back to his best (not in 2008, but mabye in 2009).

No wonder the WCE looked so pleased at the presser.

All our eggs on a wing and a preyer.

Messiah complex at its finest on this thread :roll: :roll:
but let's say we trade for Maguire and X Clarke.

Maguire's no different to Judd, and Clarke hasn't strung 3 quality games together since he was drafted 2 behind Judd, he won't have any "potential" points at 26.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Here are two ideas....what if Judd wants to come to StKilda because of the maturity and professionalism of the playing group which has been worked on so hard during the GT years....

And we offer Hammer a new five year contract with next years salary spread over five year...with a extra hundred thou for being a good sport
Nice thought....but then we have to play one player short for another 5 years....as keeping Sammy on your list for another 6 years means that you cannot pickanother player.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Falchoon wrote: Maguire's no different to Judd, and Clarke hasn't strung 3 quality games together since he was drafted 2 behind Judd, he won't have any "potential" points at 26.
WCE would want a Dal Santo a Riewoldt of a Kosi, not a second stringer or two.

As the Kerrigans would say "Tell him he is dreaming"

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I'm not sure many want to sell our future.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Thats what you are doing giving up top 10 dps and quality players for a player who may have lost his speed and wont be properly fit until at least 2009.

Lance or James??

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Falchoon wrote: Maguire's no different to Judd, and Clarke hasn't strung 3 quality games together since he was drafted 2 behind Judd, he won't have any "potential" points at 26.
WCE would want a Dal Santo a Riewoldt of a Kosi, not a second stringer or two.

As the Kerrigans would say "Tell him he is dreaming"
Indeed, I was wondering when someone would prick the bubble with all this nonsense about Goose or Joey or X. If i were the WCE, I'm not even sure that I would agree to swap Judd for all three together.

I reckon you might get Judd for a top 5 draft pick and one of Kosi or Dal. (having probably had to trade the other one for the top 5 draft pick).

That's the sort of "heaven and earth" we'd have to move to get Judd. Nothing less.

The only benefit we get from talking to his management and the Eagles about him is to place upward pressure on the price the Eagles will expect. The resulting reshuffles of players and draft picks among clubs in order for someone to be able to meet that price might lead to a tasty tidbit falling our way. (However, we'd be better placed if we were the Bulldogs or another club with a better draft pick to trade.)

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Thats what you are doing giving up top 10 dps and quality players for a player who may have lost his speed and wont be properly fit until at least 2009.
Do you know what the club has offered?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If it is possible to get Judd we should try no doubt. IMO if he makes a full recovery and I think it is worth the punt we will have to give them pick 9 plus we need to get a loer top 10 pick. WCE have said they do not want plaers for the trade so the only hope I see is trade a plyer to another club for a low pick.

As sad as it seems the ideal player is Goose to the WB for their pick 5. WB need a tall key position player and he would suit them. We lose a Young CHB but we would have the best midfield in the AFL which would mean less pressure on the backline.

Lets move heaven and earth to get the best player in the AFL.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Do you? :roll:

Working on thje premis that WCe wants at least top 10 picks and a quality player.

Or are we going to offer them a Collingwood type deal - Leigh Fisher and Ferguson plus our second round pick?? :roll:

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Do you? :roll:

Working on thje premis that WCe wants at least top 10 picks and a quality player.

Or are we going to offer them a Collingwood type deal - Leigh Fisher and Ferguson plus our second round pick?? :roll:
No I don't.

Which is why I didn't say anything along the lines of the club 'selling our future'.

I don't know what they intend to put on the table.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: No I don't.

Which is why I didn't say anything along the lines of the club 'selling our future'.

I don't know what they intend to put on the table.
So you disagree that WCE will want 2 top ten picks plus a quality ( a Dal Santo or Riewoldt quality) player?

Nothing less is the info coming out of the WCE camp ATM.

If this is correct it is selling our future on the hope of anothe messiah, no less than that.

Lance or James??

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Hang on why didn't we get Judd in the first place?? dodgy shoulder was it ? Now he has Groin problems.
I will not be happy if we get rid of a Maguire or joey.

We don't need a midfielder we need backmen ffs!

mischa
Club Player

What is Ken Sheldon doing talking to FatPryck :?: Has it finally come to this-Butterss and his cronies relying on support (and drawing inspiration) from this old hack. God save us.

wildgoose
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:If it is possible to get Judd we should try no doubt. IMO if he makes a full recovery and I think it is worth the punt we will have to give them pick 9 plus we need to get a loer top 10 pick. WCE have said they do not want plaers for the trade so the only hope I see is trade a plyer to another club for a low pick.

As sad as it seems the ideal player is Goose to the WB for their pick 5. WB need a tall key position player and he would suit them. We lose a Young CHB but we would have the best midfield in the AFL which would mean less pressure on the backline.

Lets move heaven and earth to get the best player in the AFL.
A more logical solution, also someone else posted we could trade Goddard to Carlton for pick 3, but the problem would be Carlton are after Judd as well. That's what are going to have to do to gain Judd. Two top 10 pick, and probably one in the top 5.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So assuming that you want Judd feasible options are:

a/ Goose to Dogs for 5.

WC to get 5, 9 and something else (another pick or a player)

Judd to Saints.

Fergus Watts to perhaps also go to the Dogs...which gives them a FF and CHB makinga big difference to their structure.... for picks 5 and 22

while the Dogs may like Judd...they do not really need another mid anywhere near as much as fixing their Key Positions up. also Judd is reported as saying that he will not play with Aka.

b/ X, Raph and pick 9 to WC

Judd to Saints

X and Raph are from the NT...so WA is as much home as NT as theywill both most likely go back to the NT eventually...though both were Saints fans as kids.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 18 Sep 2007 5:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Hang on why didn't we get Judd in the first place?? dodgy shoulder was it ? Now he has Groin problems.
I will not be happy if we get rid of a Maguire or joey.

We don't need a midfielder we need backmen ffs!
Shoulders really affected his form didnt they. So we dont want the best player in the AFL. Would only help us win a flag.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The dodgey shoulders were bad advice.

Accoding to a Doctor I heard speak on it a while back....Evidenty the surgery he had actually tightened up his shoulders and made them less prone, rather tha more prone, to future injury.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
If this is correct it is selling our future on the hope of anothe messiah, no less than that.
We haven't sold anything yet, and haven't declared we are going to get him either.

We just want him, and will try to get him.

Your posts are easily the most dramatic and emotive on this site these days.

We go from an article in which we say we are trying to get him as a priority, to selling our future for a messiah!

Such drama!

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

[quote]Shoulders really affected his form didnt they. So we dont want the best player in the AFL. Would only help us win a flag.

Ok so far there has been no problems and yes he is the best in the AFL But look at our injury list this season.
Is it worth the risk if we trade off 2 of our good players for 1 who might go down?

RooandKosi
Club Player

No one is trading GOOSE!! he is AWESOME and will be back on track in 2008!! CHRIST SAKE you should all be ashamed for even thinking IT!!

Watts, Fiora and Pick 9 for Judd there you go.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

RooandKosi wrote:No one is trading GOOSE!! he is AWESOME and will be back on track in 2008!! CHRIST SAKE you should all be ashamed for even thinking IT!!

Watts, Fiora and Pick 9 for Judd there you go.
gee west coast would be salivating at that :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best