Greg Westaway

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Who cares who is in charge lets just organise it and try to win what we have done once in 110 years.
Amen to that brother :roll: :roll: :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If your telling me the reason Butters has to go so we can also shed Thomas - ok.

Dont then turn round and suggest we can all sing Kumbaya under the flag in fantasy land...yeah it works in America but this aint that...

“Yeah….nah””
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:If your telling me the reason Butters has to go so we can also shed Thomas - ok.

Dont then turn round and suggest we can all sing Kumbaya under the flag in fantasy land...yeah it works in America but this aint that...
If you are talking to me you are mistaken.
I'm not telling you that Butterss has to go. I am open to all possibilities at this stage.

A lot of people let their hatred of Thomas bind them to Butterss, I suspect this your issue Tef.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Carl Mynott
Club Player

Thanks for some very insightful and thoughtful posts regarding the Board challenge bungiton,you are the first poster here to put it all in perspective,
made for very good reading...........

I might go to the EGM and hear what they have to say and vote accordingly.....

The more things change the more they stay the same
rexy
SS Life Member

Well, for what it is worth my wife and I both voted FF today. (sent in the proxys anyway). I have been reading all I can and have come to the conclusion that the Butterss administration did a fantastic job in securing our financial position and bore the pain of bottoming out and building a strong list through the draft.

3 years ago the club had an opportunity to step Thomas aside and put in an experienced coach to take the team to a flag, If Thomas and Butterss had been true to their word about their intentions then GT could have stayed on as footy manager and continued to negotiate contracts and manage the HR side of footy op's as well as be a public face of the club in a simiar way to Balme at Geelong. They however let their egoes get in the way and thought they could do it themselves, they ruined the opportunity to be involved in the Saints second flag however that opportunity is not gone for this list.

The time is now to put in place a board who will generate income and then spend that income on football operations (Ie training facilities, recruitment, injury management). From everything I have read I beleive FF will do this and we have a chance to have the success we crave.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Well, for what it is worth my wife and I both voted FF today. (sent in the proxys anyway). I have been reading all I can and have come to the conclusion that the Butterss administration did a fantastic job in securing our financial position and bore the pain of bottoming out and building a strong list through the draft.

3 years ago the club had an opportunity to step Thomas aside and put in an experienced coach to take the team to a flag, If Thomas and Butterss had been true to their word about their intentions then GT could have stayed on as footy manager and continued to negotiate contracts and manage the HR side of footy op's as well as be a public face of the club in a simiar way to Balme at Geelong. They however let their egoes get in the way and thought they could do it themselves, they ruined the opportunity to be involved in the Saints second flag however that opportunity is not gone for this list.

The time is now to put in place a board who will generate income and then spend that income on football operations (Ie training facilities, recruitment, injury management). From everything I have read I beleive FF will do this and we have a chance to have the success we crave.

Do you honestly think sacking GT 3 years ago when we were a kick away from a GF would have been greeted as OK. He was never getting the sack then and did you sit at home and say lets sack GT as we have made the preliminary final only. Time to replace him.

rexy
SS Life Member

If you re-read my post I suggested that Thomas move aside and take a role more suited to his strengths and allow a better coach to guide the team on field. This is what Thomas and Butterss stated was their intention when Thomas was appointed and in hindsight it should have happened this way.

No I did not think that then, however I did think it 12 months later when we lost our second prelim. I really wanted to see the Butterss Thomas pact to rebuild the club and bring success work and I also wanted to see 2 blokes in AFL footy be true to their word and put the club before themselves. After that second prelim it was obvious that Gt had to go due to mainly his team selections. We had already resigned him though if memory serves me correctly.

Just to clear up a few things I beleive that both men had the best intentions when they started and individually still had/have the best intentions at the end, I also beleive that we probably would have played finals this year under GT but we are in a better spot to win the big one moving forward under RL. I also think the club will be better off in the future if RB is removed.

Maybe this year?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Teflon wrote:If your telling me the reason Butters has to go so we can also shed Thomas - ok.

If you are talking to me you are mistaken.
I'm not telling you that Butterss has to go. I am open to all possibilities at this stage.

A lot of people let their hatred of Thomas bind them to Butterss, I suspect this your issue Tef.
Nup your "suspect" is msiguided satch.

I dislike (hate to strong a word for most..) Thomas immensly but Im not one to allow that to ever interfere with what is a good decision - IF Butters had to go to ENSURE Thomas was cleansed from our club for good....Id almost go with that...........thats not "hatred".......thats understanding what type of long term problem a character like Grant Thomas, with an extraordinary ego and his sense of ownership over our club, can bring.

But spin away... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””