SEN: Cox (and Embley)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

crow your suorce has it the wrong way round buddy

we tried to swap black for cox but cox said he would rather play as a back up ruck in the team he loved then first in a team he would have to move the other side of the country for . so the deal died then and as luck would have it gardy came undone and cox became no. 1 ruck in the team he loved .

as for Embers and cox being mad as hell there is a truth in it but its more to do with the way their finals race finnished and anger towards the coaching staff for again picking under done players who in the end hindered the teams chances

also the club are reportedly livid with kerr for choosing to get his operation when he did and not waiting til the end of year

there is also alot of rumbleing coming from the Chick camp as he was told he wouldnt be offered a new contract cause they needed his $$ to pay to keep judd but now judds gone he looks like hes still not going to be offered a new contract

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Carl Mynott
Club Player

I'd never chase Cox myself but each to his own........

:lol:

The more things change the more they stay the same
congorozides
Club Player

Carl Mynott wrote:I'd never chase Cox myself but each to his own........

:lol:
this is probably a nothing post. im pretty sure cox and embley are under contract., they wont be going anywhere anyway so its all moot.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Perhaps I'm just a grumpy old man, but am I the only person on this forum who finds this sort of discussion totally tedious?
no it pisses me off no end......the wet toast president was asked what was judd worth as a trade...he said picks1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 11, 12,13, 14,15, 16, 17........just for starters...

now that might be going a bit overboard but i would think that at the very least they would expect carscum to hand over picks 1 and 3 plus kennedy.....

..on the other hand pple on here think we could snare him with pick 9 plus a player......joke.....

no sense of reality by some on here......

...you could trade away dal santo x and maguire to get judd.... sign him and agree to pay him 8 mill over five years...and he might never be the player he was before...that would rip the heart and soul out of moorabbin......

...the ONLY reason i would want the saints to sign him would be so that i could perve on his girl friend at the annual dinner...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its easy for the eagles to play hard ball now but come trade time if they dont do a deal and judd go's in the psd to carlton for nothing then who looks silly
i expect carlton to give them pick 3 and a fringe player w/c will reject it and ask for pick 1 ,3 and a player carlton will reject it and offer pick 1 and a top 22 player and so on and so forth until it gets close to the cut off for trade then w/c will ask for pick 1 carltons 3rd pick and a player and carton will do the deal

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

If he goes in the PSD Richmond get first crack.

lefty
Club Player

I dont mind Embley.

He will kick at goal from 50m out usually.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:I dont mind Embley.

Lets get Embley then. A good player and I am sure WCE will want to get rid of him know that Judd is going. What do think a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
lefty wrote:I dont mind Embley.

Lets get Embley then. A good player and I am sure WCE will want to get rid of him know that Judd is going. What do think a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Have always rated him...big occassion gun...the club would have to be prepared to look at him seriously if he was out there.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
crowjelly
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:crow your suorce has it the wrong way round buddy

we tried to swap black for cox but cox said he would rather play as a back up ruck in the team he loved then first in a team he would have to move the other side of the country for . so the deal died then and as luck would have it gardy came undone and cox became no. 1 ruck in the team he loved .
With the lack of evidence to the contrary, my 'very good source' has just been demoted to a 'source'!

In his defence I will make the following points -

1. He has no axe to grind and was only passing on what he was told
2. It came from the inner sanctum
3. Perhaps someone else had an agenda to pass on mis-information in the current environment

OWTS - In relation to your post my view is that a great coach/recruiter should be capable of recognising the potential - afterall Cox is now being touted as a 'best ever' ruckman

LLS - I've told my source he's FOS. He explained to me what it meant!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Would love Embers.

Perfect fit on a HFF rotating through the middle and the FF line too.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I just saw Cox and Kerr on Footy Cassified as their main interview for the show.

those two are as happy asa pig in mud...and are not going anywhere.

In addition while they would have preferred Judd to stay...they understand his decion...and will remain close mates. Those 3 are very close.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....