Does SFF have a stand on Telstra Dome arrangement?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Does SFF have a stand on Telstra Dome arrangement?

Personally I'd love for us to move to the MCG, given all the documented issues with TD, it's surface, as well as recovery from matches played there.

A truly "footy first" board would want to move heaven and earth to get into the 'G.

I've heard nothing on this from SFF, and for me it could be a big issue when the time comes to pass the resolution.

I would even go back to Tassie for 2 games a year if we could play the rest of our Home games at the 'G.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bumping this from the depths of Page 2 - Doesn't anyone have an opinion on our home ground?

rexy
SS Life Member

Cant imagine that moving home grounds would be or should be a high priority. We have moved twice in 20 years already, we play the Dome well, its capacity suits our drawing potential against a majority of clubs, we get the advantage of a closed roof in the event of inclement weather. The dome is home.

Bigger issue is why have a home ground at all? Why not just schedule all Vic clubs home games at the ground that best suits the potential crowd?

Maybe this year?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I agree actually, it's the only way we will ever get a home final, and it's the one ground we should be at our best on.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post