St KFC Cult of Messiah....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Peanut
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
The Peanut wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:...
Now I'm going to quote bungiton's post again for you all to read:
bungiton wrote:...They do have detailed plans for where monies will be spent as well as detailed plans for increasing memberships, sponsorship and revenue. A number of groups are willing to back this ticket with sponsorship on the proviso they are elected. It's interesting that these parties are not approaching the current board, seems sponsorship money is there on the proviso the current board aren't the ones managing it.
In the words of Greg Westaway: "Rumour and innuendo".

It's interesting that these parties aren't publicly backing the SFF group as far as I know. A public statement from a potential sponsor to that effect would go great lengths to giving me a better reason to vote SFF than simply voting against Butterss.
True - but what sponsor would want their name involved in a (becoming messy) board challenge that is all over the media? The SFF will just have to hope that enough supporters will take them for their word considering their reputations and resources. If that's not enough for some members - they will be forced to either vote for RB or not vote at all.
I'm not really criticising SFF on the basis of not naming potential sponsors. Equally to not having the public backing, SFF hasn't built their campaign around that presence. However, the inference has then been made by a poster that on another poster's word, there is sponsorship money in the offing for SFF in excess of that for the Butterss group. Without any accountability (and I'm not calling any of the posters involved or Westaway liars, just commenting that chinese whispers and assumptions are a poor basis for decision making) via the public arena, we have no way of judging one potentials board's sponsorship potential versus another.

I note it mainly because it is a very powerful claim, that would have a big impact on my vote.
Yep - fair enough