Why a 'Detail' plan from SFF is irrelevant

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

That Stuff...will be costed by Labour before election day.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:That Stuff...will be costed by Labour before election day.
In the same way I am sure SFF's proposals have been costed.

Will the ALP release those costings to the public? Of course not, it gives the Government ammunition, as they are the ones who control the current purse strings.

Will SFF release their costings? Of course not, for the same reason. Politically, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:

Will the ALP release those costings to the public? Of course not, it gives the Government ammunition, as they are the ones who control the current purse strings.

Will SFF release their costings? Of course not, for the same reason. Politically, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.
sorry...dont buy the "smoking guns in the closet" stuff....

tomuch at stake to play "trust us"....

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:

OWTS I am not sure how many elections you have voted in,,,,,but it is quite normal that each party put up costings for their polocies...and in particular thos policies which differ.

In this case I would like FF to outline more of what is proposed than just the current motherhood statements.

Shaggy
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:
In hostile merger/acquistion or board takeovers, the outside party is often unlikely to have the luxury of intimate insider knowledge to build a detailed plan of how it will take the company forward. Yes it will have a plan, but often doesn't release this (because the incumbent can freely pick holes in it), or if it does, it keeps it sufficently high-level so that it can't be pulled apart by the incumbent. Once it gets in/takes over, it usually undertakes a more detiled assessment before undertaking major change.
That is so true :D .

The only way a detailed business plan can be prepared which has any resemblance to reality is if the Board opens its books to the challengers, gives full access to its staff, and preferably sponsors and key suppliers. That only happens when you take control or in the most friendly takeovers. RB is hardly likely to allow it.

Any detailed business plan prepared without input from the key business managers and feedback from major third parties dealing with the Saints should be treated with contempt.

The non exec's will not have the intimate knowledge necessary. James Van Beek might for a nonsense plan which looks professional but based on rumors I am glad he is not on board.

We only spent $205,000 on recruitment in 2006 compared to the Filth's $755,000. We are in the bottom quarter in the AFL for revenue. IMO the Board doesn't understand the main drivers for operations (Kellett has seriously failed) and doesn't have the relationships or expertise to leverage revenue in good times.

I don't need to know any more than that for my decision.

I don't think the current Board has a clue in the good times but I hugely respect what they did up until 2005.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:I posted this in the messiah thread but thought it worthy of it's own thread

I'm sick of all the BS on this subject.

Every thread is full of half truths and innuendo.

Yesterday I rang and spoke to Greg Westaway. To me he is an up-front, honest and sincere type of bloke.

I contacted him to ask if with all the shite being posted here, along with valid criticims, I asked if he could register and talk to us here tonight, to which he immediately agreed.

Sadly he contatcted me later to apologise that because this was a public and unofficial forum, he was instructed to renege on the deal he made with me.

During our conversation I asked questions pertinent to the major attacks his detractors are posting on here.

We spoke regarding the issue of Burkie being the public face of the SFF campaign, He informed me that Burkie was sick to the guts in his period as a player and member of the coaching staff, regarding the facilities and services available for players. The playing group had nowhere near the resources needed to be competitive in this competition. Also Greg is a very private individual who highly values his privacy, He is sacrificing a lot to lead this ticket. A man who values obscurity to give his privacy up to run for a fanciful ticket for his own worth, I think not.

I spoke of the concerns raised by Joffaboy about how they were going to start a flood of unfunded spending. This is one area the new ticket are certainly not going to go blindly or spend just for the sake of spending.

They do have detailed plans for where monies will be spent as well as detailed plans for increasing memberships, sponsorship and revenue. A number of groups are willing to back this ticket with sponsorship on the proviso they are elected. It's interesting that these parties are not approaching the current board, seems sponsorship money is there on the proviso the current board aren't the ones managing it.
I spoke at length to Greg, found him to be very approachable, very dedicated to the saints and not the fiend he is being portrayed by the media or sections of this board. I get the impression he would rather not be doing this, after all he stressed a few times during our conversation how much he values his privacy, he's gotten to the point a lot of people had arrived at long before the challenge appeared, being that the current board was fractured, stagnating and innefective, with little vision for the future and that change was neccessary for this club to go forward.

If you get the opportunity, hat to the man, you'll realise his ambition is for the club, the people assembled for this challenge are dedicated proffessionals hoping to raise this club further than the pathetic infighting and rubbish it was presented with this year.

Shaggy
Club Player

SFF/Westway obviously has a plan but it doesn’t mean they have the detailed information to release a prospectus … lol.

SFF have publicly acknowledged they do not know where the $1 million is parked. Do we have $1 million cash to start with anyway and is it relevant to a prospectus … lol.

Joffaboy by his attitude is portraying opening balances don’t matter. Lol. Why bother with due diligence when all you need to do is talk to some of the staff and non execs to prepare a plan acceptable for the public ... lol (joking).

SFF will know in detail the extra value they can bring to the club but most sponsorships banking Westway will not want to be revealed before the takeover … obviously.

Does not mean SFF does not know what they are doing, or are deceitful … they clearly have a plan ... which is evolving ... normal in a takeover ... I have never known 5,000 to vote as proxies even if some are invalid.

Westway is already in. Good work and timing was just right.

Really at the end of the day the only reason RB is going is because he is dispensable ... after 7 years he has not developed the requisite relationships to drive the revenue forward.

But that is what a Chairman is for. If he was key to the Saints he would be staying ... anyone can make decisions or a speech or two.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:This is more akin to a federal election than a business merger.

Stop asking for a business plan. If the above factors aren't enough for you to vote for SFF, then don't.
Since I think SFF are going to get in, I can only hope they live up to this faith... the Board of a Football Club exists to execute as a business, not as the political wing to a business. Making business decisions for political reasons is like trying to make a living on the slot machines.

The reason we need a plan is to form a basis for comparison, and to form a basis for a benchmark so that we can aim for the future.

Including whether EITHER of these tickets is fit to be running St. KFC.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford