Judd leaving Eagles, SEN confirmed - discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Judd would also command a salary of $1.2Mill in the 1st of a 3 or 4 yr deal increasing up to about $1.6Mill in the final yr. That's a fair whack out of any salary cap.

If he was to go to Carlton, how are they going to fit him, Kruezer, Gibbs, Murphy, Walker and all their other early picks under the cap? !!

the only reason...and i emphasise that....that i would want judd to go to carscum....would be that it would make it difficult for those cheating a-wipes to pay them all under the cap.....next time they get caught cheating i would think the afl would have to toss them out of the competition..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i dont want juddy! I know ur all thinking it, all the blokes on the forum want juddy to saints so they can perve on rebecca! :lol: :lol:

Plus, i dont want goose leaving the club! How are we going to even know if Juddy will make a full recovery?

Go saints in '09!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think everyone at st kilda would love judd, but not at a price that would cripple the club with regard to talent and losses.

judd is brilliant but he was exposed inthe absence of kerr and cousins.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
crannypete
Club Player

brother i know judds manager and i speaked to him to day

judd is not happy with west cokes treatment of his injury he wanted 4 weeks off in the middle of the year to have a break for his injury and they said no

not happy judd

eppo67
Club Player

Yes I dont want JUDD either. One top midfielder at the Club (BALL) with chronic OP problems is enough thanks.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:i think everyone at st kilda would love judd, but not at a price that would cripple the club with regard to talent and losses.

judd is brilliant but he was exposed inthe absence of kerr and cousins.
In the same sentence you say Judd Brillant

and then exposed!!

Would make more sense saying the team was exposed without Kerr and Cousins

The only reason Judd may not be brillant is a result of injury.

saint4life
The Peanut
Club Player

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:i dont want juddy! I know ur all thinking it, all the blokes on the forum want juddy to saints so they can perve on rebecca! :lol: :lol:

Plus, i dont want goose leaving the club! How are we going to even know if Juddy will make a full recovery?
Not all of us blokes want to perve on rebecca - just 99.99% :wink:

I agree - Goose needs a full pre-season and he would not have been even mentioned as a joke-trade 15 months ago.

Juddy has an injury theat sounds similar to that of Bally and I have seen many on here say that Bally could be as important as Judd is to a team if gets back to 100%. We are trimming our injury list - why add to it?

Juddy is amazing when on song but so is Roo - we haven't won a flag with Roo because it takes a good all-round team and many other factors to do that - players like Roo and Judd are fabulous to have in your team but . . .

nicko016
Club Player

Will he come out tomorrow and nominate a preffered club? Who will his preferred club be? Carlton are probably the frontrunners but you'd think he'd want to go a team like Hawthorn or Collingwood.

And what about when he plays against WC next year? Their premiership captain who they've all been saying he won't leave. He'll well and truly rip the hearts out of the other players.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

what Im saying is some people want to trade all our talent to get judd. judd is a brilliant player or at least was prior to OP, but he can't win a game on his own.

even at his best, baker neutralised him on a couple of occassions.

judd 1.2m, baker 200k....

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:what Im saying is some people want to trade all our talent to get judd. judd is a brilliant player or at least was prior to OP, but he can't win a game on his own.

even at his best, baker neutralised him on a couple of occassions.

judd 1.2m, baker 200k....
think both salaries off the mark

saint4life
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:i dont want juddy! I know ur all thinking it, all the blokes on the forum want juddy to saints so they can perve on rebecca! :lol: :lol:

I agree - Goose needs a full pre-season and he would not have been even mentioned as a joke-trade 15 months ago.

Juddy has an injury theat sounds similar to that of Bally and I have seen many on here say that Bally could be as important as Judd is to a team if gets back to 100%. We are trimming our injury list - why add to it?

Juddy is amazing when on song but so is Roo - we haven't won a flag with Roo because it takes a good all-round team and many other factors to do that - players like Roo and Judd are fabulous to have in your team but . . .
yea definitely totally agree with that. we are definitely on the same wavelength.
Yes, juddy is a fabulous player to have, although we would need to get rid of multiple loyal saints stars to be able to even get near the asking price for juddy. which is beyond what i would be prepared to do just to get Juddy.

Go saints in '09!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

crannypete wrote:brother i know judds manager and i speaked to him to day

judd is not happy with west cokes treatment of his injury he wanted 4 weeks off in the middle of the year to have a break for his injury and they said no

not happy judd
crannypete if you know all these people and have all these sources then how come you live the way you say you do???

like surely someone in the known wouldnt be in your position

no malice intended its just i don't really understand it

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well judd is being offered about 1m per annum from clubs in melbourne and yes Im guessing bakers salary.

even then I'd be suprised if baker was on more than 1/3 of what judd is on.

either way, if baker, who has been much maligned her, can shut down judd effectively...added to possibly on going OP, how effective will it be to invest 1/7 of your entire salary in one player?

SHUT UP KRIME!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
Is that right?

I'll perve on Rebecca

You can perve on rogerwa :roll: :wink: !!

crannypete
Club Player

over the years i done lots of people favours that they couldunt do themselves you know what i mean dude then i have this deal with them they donunt have to pay me money but whenever i ringed them up in teh future they have to buy me lunch this way i donunt have to woorry centrelink with money worries and i never go hungry

well i done some favours for someone who took me out to lunch with paul connors and we had a very fun time lots of laughs and chewing the fat and best feed i had in a while so i said to him you can go on my lunch list and i told him like it was a special place to be on that list and i think he felled for it

so now we are lunch friends and i get good mail

Winmarvellous
Club Player

What about Dal Santo and our first round pick. Would the Eagles bite? A bit to give up, but apparently Judd's worth all this and more, so why no throw it out there.

nicko016
Club Player

Well, If he decided Carlton he could even nominate for the National Draft and be the No. 1 pick. Are you allowed to use such early picks on uncontracted players? The fact that Carlon got the priority pick becomes so more important now.
Last edited by nicko016 on Sun 16 Sep 2007 8:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

crannypete wrote:over the years i done lots of people favours that they couldunt do themselves you know what i mean dude then i have this deal with them they donunt have to pay me money but whenever i ringed them up in teh future they have to buy me lunch this way i donunt have to woorry centrelink with money worries and i never go hungry

well i done some favours for someone who took me out to lunch with paul connors and we had a very fun time lots of laughs and chewing the fat and best feed i had in a while so i said to him you can go on my lunch list and i told him like it was a special place to be on that list and i think he felled for it

hey cp...i have a few favours that i would like done...up your alley too...i will by you a few maccas in return....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:What about Dal Santo and our first round pick. Would the Eagles bite? A bit to give up, but apparently Judd's worth all this and more, so why no throw it out there.
your joking aren't you......

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:What about Dal Santo and our first round pick. Would the Eagles bite? A bit to give up, but apparently Judd's worth all this and more, so why no throw it out there.
your joking aren't you......
Well that is the type of trade that would be required however a couple of things.

1) Dal just signed a new three year deal with us meaning he doesn't want to leave.

2) What type of message would that give to the rest of the group? ie you sign a long term deal and remain loyal, and then suddenly you are offered up as trade bait.

very very bad for morale

3) Dal is too good to let go for Judd as I think Judds injury is as bad or worse than Luke Balls and his best may be already past him. Too much of a risk at his huge asking price.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
crannypete
Club Player

stinger wrote:
crannypete wrote:over the years i done lots of people favours that they couldunt do themselves you know what i mean dude then i have this deal with them they donunt have to pay me money but whenever i ringed them up in teh future they have to buy me lunch this way i donunt have to woorry centrelink with money worries and i never go hungry

hey cp...i have a few favours that i would like done...up your alley too...i will by you a few maccas in return....

pm me what you want brother but remember i am reformicated now so it depends on what it is you want doed

also dude maccas is not the deal i usually have that the lunch list has to be a counter lunch in a proper bistro with a beer or two thrown in plus you get to chew the fat with me

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I'd be open to the idea of Dal and pick 9.
Maybe shore us up with a 2nd or 3rd round pick to even it up a bit.

But yeah, like a few said - unlikely to happen and not fair to Dal Santo who while not quite in Judd's class is still a fantastic player and will continue to be so for many years.

As for Judd's chronic injury, those who have not learnt from history...

If you remember correctly, we've already chosen not to pick him because of chronic injuries, that being his shoulders in 2001.

Having said all this, the Eagles would demand no less than N.Riewoldt and I don't think we'd be a party to that.

Plenty of clubs will throw everything at the Eagles, so it only takes one to offer much more than we can offer.
Bloody hell I'll be following trade week closely. Plenty more twists and turns in this one methinks.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Does anyone think the Saints will put something on the table for him?

He's fairly close with RB & got on well MG. Don't think he will end up here, but its worth a thought.

Now WCE supporters know how we felt when Plugger walked out. Just hope they get more out of the deal than we got (SFA)!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

then again we got crapuano who had no leap left, we got gardiner who may play for us in 08, we got monkhorst who was over his foot injuries etc.

it goes both ways, judd will be a risk.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Dan had a nice post a few up (forgot to quote). Very true, I would love to have Judd, but not at a price that would see us loose one of our own and potential hinder us in means with the salary cap.

Carpe Diem