Judd leaving Eagles, SEN confirmed - discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:Dan had a nice post a few up (forgot to quote). Very true, I would love to have Judd, but not at a price that would see us loose one of our own and potential hinder us in means with the salary cap.
press suggests that reiwoldt is on 800k p/a

judd on 800k and thats a fair wack of your salary cap on 2 players.

a few earlier the year suggested a straight swap for reiwoldt for Judd which i thought was stupid.

reiwoldt at the front of the WCE midfield even minus judd would be devastating.

Judd is awesome, but it scares me we will be investing in a player who may not be as effective as luke ball if the OP persists.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Yeah, its not that I wouldnt mind judd, but I just don't really 'want' him for the fact that he is going to, 1) Cost too much on salary cap, 2) cost too much in a trade to get him here.

The position we are in(in reguards to trade bait and picks), and list we have(quite talented) doesn't really put us in a realisitc change at Judd imo really.

Carpe Diem
wolfpup
Club Player

My Judd & Sainters sighting around 4 (or 5 saturdays ago).

I was at the champagne lounge (a bar in flinders lane in the city) at a private function (in the evening)

I saw judd in a another private section of the bar having a chat with ball and maguire.

Not sure who w/c were playing that night or w/e but was funny seeing him there.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Judd leaving Eagles, SEN confirmed - discussion

TheBabyBlues wrote:
fisher_fan wrote:Read in the Sun today its looking more and more likely Judd will be coming back to Vic. Although its irrelevant to the Saints I was just wondering what team you think will snap him up and how?

This is my guess....

Bulldogs Receive - Brendan Fevola
Eagles Receive - Kennedy, Pick 3 (Carlton) , Pick 6 (Bulldogs)
Carlton Receive - Chris Judd
I think this deal is pretty close, but i dont think we can afford to lose both kennedy AND fevola at the same time. Also think bulldogs need to pay more than just 1 pick for fev.

Perhaps...
Eagles get pick 3 and pick 5 (from dogs) + player (Scotland? having contract issues)
Carlton get Judd + player from dogs (preferably a runner)
Dogs get Fev
Didn't think Clubs were allowed to communicate about trades until trade week. If this is the case then the clubs involved in this deal are breaching a rule set by the AFL. Typical of Carlscum to break rules they never seem to learn. Bloody CHEATS.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Would not want to lose Goose nor Dal. If Judd's OP is nearly as bad as Luke Ball's then a resounding no.

Off-topic, what is the chance of a 100% recovery for Ball?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Would not want to lose Goose nor Dal. If Judd's OP is nearly as bad as Luke Ball's then a resounding no.

Off-topic, what is the chance of a 100% recovery for Ball?

Well for a start it's not OP it is an abductor muscle problem (caused by over compensation due to OP over time same thing voss had years ago) and he should make a full recovery from it. Keep in mind 18 months ago he had a flare up of OP and I have no idea if that s still causing any problems.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm!!

Stephen Newport
Dean Anderson
Brendan Goddard
Andrew McQualter

Caulfield Grammar

Chris Judd :wink:

Seriously though Juddy grew up a Dees supporter - don't know what Melbourne have to offer - they do have pick 4 however i dont think any of their young brigade are from WA.

Carlton and Collingwood are the obvious places that said they better hope he recovers from his current injury crisis - if not it could be the greatest trade stuff up of all time - and wouldn't that be ........ :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:
fisher_fan wrote:Read in the Sun today its looking more and more likely Judd will be coming back to Vic. Although its irrelevant to the Saints I was just wondering what team you think will snap him up and how?

This is my guess....

Bulldogs Receive - Brendan Fevola
Eagles Receive - Kennedy, Pick 3 (Carlton) , Pick 6 (Bulldogs)
Carlton Receive - Chris Judd
I think this deal is pretty close, but i dont think we can afford to lose both kennedy AND fevola at the same time. Also think bulldogs need to pay more than just 1 pick for fev.

Perhaps...
Eagles get pick 3 and pick 5 (from dogs) + player (Scotland? having contract issues)
Carlton get Judd + player from dogs (preferably a runner)
Dogs get Fev
Didn't think Clubs were allowed to communicate about trades until trade week. If this is the case then the clubs involved in this deal are breaching a rule set by the AFL. Typical of Carlscum to break rules they never seem to learn. Bloody CHEATS.
:lol:

What are you on about?

I said its pretty close, as in its pretty close to a good deal for all involved IMO. To suggest that its close to a done deal between clubs is ludicrous as Judd only announced he wanted to move today!

linz
Club Player

Back to where it all started. We could offer Ball for Judd. The "BEST" surgeon wins :P :P :P

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

TheBabyBlues wrote: :lol:

What are you on about?

I said its pretty close, as in its pretty close to a good deal for all involved IMO. To suggest that its close to a done deal between clubs is ludicrous as Judd only announced he wanted to move today!
Apologies TBB I thought you were suggesting that the deal was pretty close to being done. Just because the announcement was announced today doesn't mean people didn't know it was coming. There had to be some knowledge of it by Carlton officials because they have been over in WA this weekend talking to Connors about things. I have heard Judd actually decided a long time ago to come home but waited till the Eagles were out of the finals before announcing it. That is why it was announced 2 days after they exited the finals.

But Carlscum are still Bloody CHEATS! :wink: :wink: :twisted:

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
bob__71
Club Player

What may be interesting is what a top ten draft pick becomes worth this year...pick nine may be worth a bit more than under normal circumstances.....what would one of the contender clubs offer us?

bob__71
Club Player

would we swap pick 9 and watts for fev

fisher_fan
Club Player

bob__71 wrote:would we swap pick 9 and watts for fev
I hope not, pick 9 and watts for jolly....that is what is needed. dont think we need fev....

*if we can get jolly next year even if it is for goose
*and haselby for 2nd round pick

i dont see any reason why we couldnt make the top four. on paper we would have one of the best looking teams....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

wolfpup wrote:My Judd & Sainters sighting around 4 (or 5 saturdays ago).

I was at the champagne lounge (a bar in flinders lane in the city) at a private function (in the evening)

I saw judd in a another private section of the bar having a chat with ball and maguire.

as long as matty wasn't saying he wanted to go west :? :shock:

Luke Ball admitted to catching up with Juddy around the time we played the eagles and they discussed medical conditions and treatments
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 16 Sep 2007 11:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Luke Ball admitted to catching up with Juddy around the time we played the eagles and they discussed mdeical conditions and treatments
apparently they compared groins. :shock:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
wolfpup wrote:My Judd & Sainters sighting around 4 (or 5 saturdays ago).

as long as matty wasn't saying he wanted to go west :? :shock:

Luke Ball admitted to catching up with Juddy around the time we played the eagles and they discussed medical conditions and treatments
Well they were at Sandy together. Along with groin problems and being footy players ,they may have something in common...

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

& Robert Eddy too. Need the Grammarians to pull some strings.

Devilhead wrote:Hmmmm!!

Stephen Newport
Dean Anderson
Brendan Goddard
Andrew McQualter

Caulfield Grammar

Chris Judd :wink:

westcoastwizard
Club Player

From an eagles fan im heartbroken and lost for words BUT LIFE goes on. We have to move on. Now im glad that this is the LAST Distraction to effect our club. Cuzzy and Kerr are cleaning their act up. Theres no more drama if Judd is staying or going. But I would never consider trading the Roo (Reiwolldt for Judd) if I was a sainsts supporter it would make me ill watching the Roo in another Jumper.

Now I have to explain to my little 6 year old who ADORES JUDD about why hes not going to be there. Its because of all the stupid f*** UPs at West Coast but oh well we have to move on and play on. One player dont make a team.

wildgoose
Club Player

So...does anyone know what's being said at the press conference currently, suprisingly I can't get SEN online at the moment.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
Saints94
SS Life Member

Saint Corin wrote:Yeah, its not that I wouldnt mind judd, but I just don't really 'want' him for the fact that he is going to, 1) Cost too much on salary cap, 2) cost too much in a trade to get him here.

The position we are in(in reguards to trade bait and picks), and list we have(quite talented) doesn't really put us in a realisitc change at Judd imo really.
we could give the weagles pick 9 and our second rd pick

Mr X from the West
Club Player

We don't want Judd.

There are all sorts of problems with his injury and NO guarantee that he will EVER be HALF as good as what he once was. He has MAJOR RISK written all over him.

Good luck to whoever gets him, but I pray it's not us.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

This trade is simply too high risk

you'd have to give up so much for what you might get back. Personally, I don't like it.

Prismal, Haselby and Pettifer r safer targets

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:This trade is simply too high risk

you'd have to give up so much for what you might get back. Personally, I don't like it.

Prismal, Haselby and Pettifer r safer targets
I agree. Lets not get Judd. Try for Prismal he cannot get a game for the Cats but IMO will end up better than Judd.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I heart pluggers witticisms.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SaintWodonga"]Does anyone think the Saints will put something on the table for him?

He's fairly close with RB & got on well MG. Don't think he will end up here, but its worth a thought.
[quote]
edited edition below

Saints, Hawks firm in Judd chase
By Adam Cooper and Roger Vaughan
September 17, 2007 ST KILDA and Hawthorn - the two clubs that passed on recruiting Chris Judd six years ago - have firmed in the race to secure the AFL's most prized signature.

While Carlton are considered the early front-runners to sign the former West Coast premiership captain and 2004 Brownlow medallist, ahead of Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne, the Saints confirmed they are "very interested".

Carlton have room under their salary cap are are well-placed to give early trade picks - having the first and third selections in this year's national draft.

St Kilda football manager Ken Sheldon made it clear today the Saints would push hard.

"We're very interested, we would love to have Chris," he said. "We have a strong belief in our group, we'll explore every option. We are keen to meet with him."

Unlike Carlton, St Kilda and Hawthorn cannot sway West Coast with high draft picks.

But the Saints, who selected Luke Ball with their No.2 pick in the 2001 draft (Judd was selected at No.3), could become involved via third-party trades which boost their draft picks and bargaining power.

And Hawthorn, who chose Luke Hodge at No.1 six years ago, are hopeful their potential could appeal to Judd, who is keen to play for a side capable of success.

"As disappointing as Saturday night's result (loss to the Kangaroos) was, it proved that we are laying the foundations for the future, and we believe we are well-placed on and off-field and we welcome Chris to share his thoughts," Pelchen said.

Essendon recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro confirmed the Bombers would chase Judd hard.
"We are definitely interested in him now that he's become available," Dodoro said. "When fit, he is the premier midfielder in the competition and, having just turned 24, still has his best years ahead of him.

"We are in contact with his manager and expect to have our first official meeting with Chris in the next few days to see where he is at and what he wants to do."

Carlton said they would meet with Judd's and his manager Paul Connors "as soon as possible".

AAP

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107