How does Footy First know my contact details?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

How does Footy First know my contact details?

Footy First sent me a proxy form and package in the mail. So it knows my mailing address.

It also sent me an SMS. So it knows my mobile phone number.

How does Footy First know the details of Saints members?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
crowjelly
Club Player

Thats a good question for Archie to answer!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Se Gdansky........hes sorta on 2 Boards at present and probably promied Steve Bedwetter that if he gets something going he'd like a piece of that also....

Kinda guy youd like in the trenches.........................on his own.

“Yeah….nah””
ashjam
Club Player

Thats a good question for Archie to answer!

Archie should just worry about getting Maguire signed.
Another great appointment by Butters!
Last edited by ashjam on Sat 15 Sep 2007 1:50am, edited 2 times in total.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

LOL

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

It's probably pretty much the same as why David Freakin' Tweed gets the shareholder details - it would be written in that any member can ask for the mailing details, and they have to be handed over. It's certainly the case with public companies, and it's imperative in MIS schemes.

Ergo, nothing sinister from SFF. Just adherence to basic stuff.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think you will find that the Club Board is required to hand over the memberlist to the challengers. No conspiricy theories on this one, just legal obligations !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:I asked the same in another thread. The way I see it

1, The club isnt keeping my details private

2, The information was stolen

Can someone give me any legal reason they have access to my details
I've asked the same question 4 times already on different threads with no answer from anybody.

Anybody care to ask the question on SFF website?
Ashjam, you seem close to them, can you please ask so that we can get a definitive answer without jumping ot the wrong conclusions?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I think you will find that the Club Board is required to hand over the memberlist to the challengers. No conspiricy theories on this one, just legal obligations !!
i think you are right. otherwise how could you have a fair election? afterall the existing board is allowed to spam us at will

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Because we are a member based organization the members are classified as the shareholders of the organization. If another entity or group officially challenge the Board or attempt to takeover the organization the Board is obliged to provide the contact details of its shareholders to that entity or group.

I hope that clears things up a bit !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Eastern wrote:I think you will find that the Club Board is required to hand over the memberlist to the challengers. No conspiricy theories on this one, just legal obligations !!
i think you are right. otherwise how could you have a fair election? afterall the existing board is allowed to spam us at will
Yes BigCarl I would think that would be correct once a challenge is 'legally mounted'.

But THEY OBVIOUSLY HAD THE MEMBERSHIP LIST?DETAILS before they announce the challenge.

How else can you explain that the 'membership/proxy begging package' was delivered to the members the day after the challenge was launched?

Mail Houses/Australia Post are good but not that good.

The only logical explanation was that they had 'the list' well beforehand.

I haven't tried it myself, but what do you reckon would be the answer if I. a member, rang up the club and asked for a copy of the 'membership list'?

They would just give/send it out to me?
That would be surprizing.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
Yes BigCarl I would think that would be correct once a challenge is 'legally mounted'.

But THEY OBVIOUSLY HAD THE MEMBERSHIP LIST?DETAILS before they announce the challenge.

How else can you explain that the 'membership/proxy begging package' was delivered to the members the day after the challenge was launched?

Mail Houses/Australia Post are good but not that good.

The only logical explanation was that they had 'the list' well beforehand.
Im with you there, its not because I want Rb in either, this could well be a donkey vote from me, unless the new group clear this up

Before Im 85
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The challenge would have been mounted anything up to seven days before it was launched. That might explain the time concerns. If nothing else the SFF group appear to be well organized and this has been at the planning stage for many weeks !!

Note: I don't belong to either group. It is just that I don't subscribe to conspiricy theories when there could be a logical explaination. That's just not fair to either side.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The challenge would have been mounted anything up to seven days before it was launched. That might explain the time concerns. If nothing else the SFF group appear to be well organized and this has been at the planning stage for many weeks !!

Note: I don't belong to either group. It is just that I don't subscribe to conspiricy theories when there could be a logical explaination. That's just not fair to either side.
I don't believe that the challenge was mounted 7 days before.

Eastern, do you honestly believe that StKFCC knew about the challenge for a week and nothing detailed appeared in the media?
If we are to believe many on here about RB deliberately 'leaking' to Caro and others all the time, why wouldn't he have leaked these details?

Besides, Nathan Burke said on TFS that they had always planned to 'launch their challenge' 1 week after our season finished.

I'm not raising any conspiracy theories - I just want to know how they got the details?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RB & the incumbent Board would want as much time as possible before they went public with this. They don't have to say a thing until the Club books are opened up to the challengers. That is normally 21 or 28 days after an official challenge is made. They are legally obliged to provide the memberlist as soon as they receive notification of the challenge. Time is RB's best friend at the moment as he will be able to formulate his policies with the full knowledge of the club's financial position etc. The SFF group won't have access to that info for a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be too worried about contact details. My advice would be to assess the policies of both groups when it all heats up in a couple of weeks. Afterall, it is the policies that will determine the future of OUR club !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:RB & the incumbent Board would want as much time as possible before they went public with this. They don't have to say a thing until the Club books are opened up to the challengers. That is normally 21 or 28 days after an official challenge is made. They are legally obliged to provide the memberlist as soon as they receive notification of the challenge. Time is RB's best friend at the moment as he will be able to formulate his policies with the full knowledge of the club's financial position etc. The SFF group won't have access to that info for a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't be too worried about contact details. My advice would be to assess the policies of both groups when it all heats up in a couple of weeks. Afterall, it is the policies that will determine the future of OUR club !!
Eastern you are correct about the policies.
But my question on the 'list' access has nothing to do with the policies.

I am genuinely curious as to how easy it is to get a copy of our List, and any other Club's membership list for that matter.

How do I get a copy of the Collingwood List? Or Essendon, WCE or Adelaide?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm told that getting hold of lists is reasonably easy. There are validity boxes to be ticked, privacy boxes to be ticked and away you go.

I think that Archie Fraser is the Company Secretary as well as the CEO. If you are still concerned you can contact him and ask why & when your contact details were handed over to FSS. I'm pretty sure that he would then be obliged to provide you with the answers you seek.

You can contact him via email archief@saints.com.au

!!

Q5
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Im with you there, its not because I want Rb in either, this could well be a donkey vote from me, unless the new group clear this up
A 'donkey' vote (or not voting at all?) would not be relevant here - surely it would ensure the encumbants are retained? Can anyone enlighten?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern, do you honestly believe that StKFCC knew about the challenge for a week and nothing detailed appeared in the media?
If we are to believe many on here about RB deliberately 'leaking' to Caro and others all the time, why wouldn't he have leaked these details?
Butterss was asked about a proposed challenge to the board (other than bedwell) on radio about 8 weeks ago. He avoided the question, and damien barret responded that something was definately coming.

Caro also intimated that something big was brewing at the Saints around the time GT gave his accurate description of her.

IMO this has been well known for some time.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'm told that getting hold of lists is reasonably easy. There are validity boxes to be ticked, privacy boxes to be ticked and away you go.

I think that Archie Fraser is the Company Secretary as well as the CEO. If you are still concerned you can contact him and ask why & when your contact details were handed over to FSS. I'm pretty sure that he would then be obliged to provide you with the answers you seek.

You can contact him via email archief@saints.com.au

!!
Thanks Eastern, I've just emailed Archie and have asked Ashjam, who seems to be close to SFF, in another thread if he would be so kind as to ask them today at their 'assistance day'.

Hopefully we will get a definitive answer and be able to advise all those that are interested in this.